Mouse for Path of Exile

"
koszmarnica wrote:
Hi, I decided to share my opinion and advice about mouse for Path of Exile. This is important, to have fine mouse, suitable to use all skills. Most mouses on market have back-site buttons on the thumb site. This is bad solution. This place is for thumb to precisely drive mouse not for pressing buttons. Very bad construction continuously repeated by years. I previously made post with idea to construct such mouse suitable to such games. Finally I have found such mouse with edge buttons, to fast access, very comfortable to use. Right buttons are binded to attack skills, left to movements skills, and etc. This is Logitech mouse G300S, look at it:

I have one of these, it's shit, don't buy it. Right mouse button broke after about a year or so, can't hold it down without it dropping and multi-clicking. I've had shitty dell ball mice that come free with computers last longer than this crap. Only good thing about it is the programmable buttons, but I'm sure I could find a free program online that could easily replace it.

I blame myself for buying a "gamer" product. Not making that mistake again.
Its to bad Your mouse was broken. I decided show it because of these buttons You mentioned.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
A mouse with additional buttons can make a lot of games more enjoyable, PoE included, but I don't agree with categorically stating that "this mouse and no other is the right one that everyone should use". IMO everyone should use whatever damn mouse they prefer.

Personally I love my little MMO abomination with a dozen buttons on the side and I'm not going to be giving it up for OP's preferred pick anytime soon.
Last edited by Sordid on Aug 15, 2018, 6:54:08 PM
"
D623932883 wrote:
I blame myself for buying a "gamer" product. Not making that mistake again.
Too much pain is carrying...
"
Sordid wrote:
...IMO everyone should use whatever damn mouse they prefer.
I extremely agree with this !

What is model of Your mouse ?
Last edited by koszmarnica on Aug 16, 2018, 7:06:30 AM
Looks like finger cancer to me. I have no idea why you would want to destroy your index and middle fingers with those buttons at the side.

I've played with a mouse has 2 mouse buttons at the thumb, it works well enough.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
This is not ideal. Buttons with wheel should be placed lower, closer the edge with cable. Edge buttons should be closer middle, closer the fingers, for shorter and fastest reaction and pressing.
Thumb buttons are for Me useless where count precision of movement and there is no time to break away thumb.
Last edited by koszmarnica on Aug 18, 2018, 8:02:34 AM
Mice are all personal preference. Logitech makes good stuff, or at least they used to when I paid attention to their stuff. But to me that G300S looks awful.

The buttons on the top edge seem painful to use long term, and you can't easily use the left edge buttons at the same time as left clicking, for example. Same for the right. A mouse for Spock, indeed. :)

I like Razor's DeathAdder side buttons. Don't use them much but they're very conveniently placed above my thumb's rest position for when I do (ALT-F4? haha) - one aligned on the knuckle and one on the pad.
Heh
"
...that G300S looks awful...
I played few leagues using wheel as button to use Whirling Blades for fast movement, escape from danger etc, then how You want compare the difficulty of pressing mouse wheel to pressing buttons close to finger on the edge ?
For Me this is easy and fast.
Last edited by koszmarnica on Aug 17, 2018, 6:48:05 PM
I found something similar:

ROCCAT TYON
another one ROCCAT KOVA
ETC...
Don't even think about buying that thing. It has a laser sensor. I bought one of Roccat's laser mice once, a total waste of money. Be smart and learn from other people's mistakes, mine in this case. If you see the word "laser" anywhere in the spec sheet, just walk away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info