[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Added a RedElder Video. Enjoy.

It's a bit of a faceroll and kinda boring to watch though.
Bandits, pantheon, enhancements?

Is there a big difference in dps between lightning penetration and crit chance on watcher eye?
"
60r15 wrote:
Bandits, pantheon, enhancements?

Is there a big difference in dps between lightning penetration and crit chance on watcher eye?

Bandits: Allira or 2 Passives. If you need to fill resists up while leveling or something Allira is a good choice. Otherwise 2 Passive will do more for us in most cases.

Pantheon: Doesn't Matter. I choose Solaris for help with bosses and went for poison immunity to save a flask slot. But again - use what you want.

Entchantments:

Gloves: They are corrupted. None.

Head: If you use the SpiderStuff get the Arctic Armor uses less mana reservation one.
If you dont use the Spiderstuff corrupt your head for + 1PowerCharge. If you dont want to corrupt your Headpiece get the Arc-Chain or Arc Damage entchant.

Boots: Get Lightning Damage or Elemental Penetration.

Regarding the Watcher's Eye: No, I dont think the damage difference will be huge. If you have a crit Watcher's Eye please check for yourself in your PoB how big the difference would be.
So...I've followed your advise.

I've changed my belt, the jewel insidei have helm enchant, power charge on both wand.

Last thing i need is boots enchant then it's time to go back to uber elder. I tried it for the first but i didnt wanted to throw it for challenge so i asked help after 2 death next is all 6 portal on my own.

I believe i'll kill him with this build it's the same shaper fight all i need is to learn mechanic :)
Last edited by pimpre on Jul 30, 2018, 2:46:33 PM
"
pimpre wrote:
So...I've followed your advise.

I've changed my belt, the jewel insidei have helm enchant, power charge on both wand.

Last thing i need is boots enchant then it's time to go back to uber elder. I tried it for the first but i didnt wanted to throw it for challenge so i asked help after 2 death next is all 6 portal on my own.

I believe i'll kill him with this build it's the same shaper fight all i need is to learn mechanic :)

Sweet. Yeah - Maybe watch a Guide or a Video on UberElder first. Since Elder And Shaper in this fight become invulnerable at certain points one cant really burst them down before they can do anything. It really is a lot about learning the mechanics.

A few general pointers:

Watch what shaper does. He is the dangerous one. His attacks are easy to dodge or well telegraphed - but most of them are oneshots. Even LL|RF builds can't survive a combo-hit from him in this fight.

Elder basically always stands in the middle and does some crap. The only annoying part about him is the fact that his projectiles can freeze/slow you. If you want to dodge something from Shaper and Elder hits you with a Freeze/Slow it usually kills you if you are not prepared for it.

Shaper is *always* at the edge of the arena. He teleports from one corner to the next. All his attacks have a trajectory - meaning: his attacks always are in one line. If you see him start an attack - move a bit to side and he will miss all other attacks of his combo. Same goes for his beam, obviously.

If Elder does his big bomb - don't panic! It takes 8 seconds before his bomb actually goes off(!). So don't panic, missdirect Shaper attacks and when there are 2 seconds or so left teleport/move inside the safe zone of the bomb.

Each time you put Shaper + Elder down by 25% one of them will start a minion phase while the other one will continue his attack pattern. Elder opens a couple portals while Shaper only opens one. Otherwise its the same stuff again: Shaper teleports around the edge of the map/Elder does random crap in the middle. Use this phase to fill up your flasks etc.

The fight has no other phases. Their behaviour is the same from start to finish. Which is nice- once you got the general stuff down there won't be any more surprises.

Build specific tips:

It is a bit hard to get used to the weapon switching. I realize I make it look easy (i.e. in the shaper fight) but with all the stuff going on with UberElder it might be hard to get used to it. There is also the point that when elder does his/drain+slow attack he slows our attackspeed. That also makes it slower to switch weapons. That can really cost you your life if you dont know what is happening.

I mentioned before that you can't really burst this boss down start to finish - for us that means having only damage flasks with us isnt all that useful. I usualy only take 2-3 with me. Bismuth, Sorrow of the Devine, and a diamond flask. The other two flaskslots I usually fill up with anti freeze + quicksilver/adrenaline. As I said before - Elders slow/freeze is one of the really annoying parts of this fight. Having those flask with you and binding them to a key you can reach fast really helps.

Last tip: if you start out learning the fight it might be a good idea not to switch your weapon at all. Stay with your single target Pens and just walk + quicksilver. It makes the fight a lot less hectic and easier to manage. Later on when you are more confident you will go back to weapon switching to avoid shaper slams or teleport out of elder slow/drain aoe. But in general I found that this will make things easier.

Last but not least: Dying against this boss if fairly normal. It takes quite a bit of practise to do him deathless. If there is one boss in the game who is a bit DarkSoul-esque it is this one.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jul 30, 2018, 4:43:11 PM
Added Tier 14 Dark Forest Video done with MF Gear to show MF capabilities.

Note: My MF gear is rather non-optimized. I basically just threw pieces of my original gear out and MF pieces in -> I have negative resists and all that. Not that it matters. ;)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jul 30, 2018, 7:12:49 PM
T11 Mesa clear speed of my progressing character;

(Click the image.)

Gear used:
Spoiler

+ some shit jewels that's in my previous pastebin.

Should probably bless my wands for a bit more Spell Damage :~)

EDIT: Another map; this time a T14 Dig map with my culling strike having 20% quality.
Last edited by Keshr0 on Jul 31, 2018, 2:19:37 PM
Looks Good! :) Thanks for recording it all. :)

EDIT: yeah, you kinda have a way better PC/recording thingy then me going on. ^^ Your videos are a lot crisper. ^^
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jul 31, 2018, 2:51:15 PM
Realy strong build, even with my not so perfect gear. After trying out several ll builds on occultist finally something enjoyable, thank you op!
One quick question, what is the purpose of enlighten in the wrath/aa/hot chain?
"
Realy strong build, even with my not so perfect gear. After trying out several ll builds on occultist finally something enjoyable, thank you op!
One quick question, what is the purpose of enlighten in the wrath/aa/hot chain?

Hey! Thank you! :)

Essentially its just Mana to dump into the Indigon for more Damage.

The more comprehensive answer is: The spider aura (which I am guessing you don't run playing league?) costs anohter 25% mana reservation. To be able to benefit from Indigon stacking for 5 seconds (or 8 stacks) a lv4 enlighten is needed.

If you don't run the SpiderAura the lv4 enlighten is less needed. You might still want to get it since more mana is more indigon stacks (and I cant think of something off the top of my head that could compete to one or two more stacks from indigon - 60%-120% increased Spelldamage). You can run a lv 3 enlighten though if currency is an issue. Or - if you have some crazy idea - you can also put something else in there. Ultimatly though I think the enlighten is the best choice.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Aug 1, 2018, 2:07:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info