[3.4] TRI ELE BV Disintegrator | Penetration and EVA | Boss and packs Disintegrator

INTRODUCTION

This league, after trying a few build I wanted to test (new heralds and a quite fun cast while channeling arc), I decided to rework this same build a little.
This time the focus is on penetration and effect duration for an easy life.

PROS & CONS

- Awesome clear speed and craazy single target damage. Bosses just go POOF!!
- Easy gameplay (although can be clunky for some)
- Not hard to level
- Can be min maxed to a crazy level

x Cannot do ele reflect maps (unless you take Paragon of Calamity instead of Beacon of Ruin)
x Not a pure tank; need to move around and be carefull with hard hitters.
x Can feel slow if you are used to high run speeds

HOW THE BUILD WORKS

We scale BV's physical damage up with our three Heralds and Disintegrator's physical damage to spells and converting the physicalpart with Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow and Physical to Lightning gem, doing pure elemental damage of the three types. Mastermind of Discord gives us 25% penetration (wich is a multiplier) scaling the damage even further. Withe the new penetration based version, this goes up to 69% penetration for all three elements.

To withstand the physical DoT, we use Vitality aura and Vitality's version of Watcher's Eye, wich gives us 1-1.5% of damage leeched to sustain, life leech from Warlord's Mark on hit on an elder ring and a marble amulet. This will greatly reduce Disintegrator's only drawback. When you get your hands on a decent marble amulet, this can be dropped and use a defensive aura like Arctic Armour or Purity of Elements (if you run ele weakness maps). For maps with Vulnerability, Vitality and Watcher's Eyer leech is still recommended.

As defenses you apply Blind with Orb of storms, get endurance charges from Warlord's, and use Molten Shell plus Immortal Call to alleviate hits; you get to use enfeeble against big hitters on a CwdT setup. When you get enough regen from the tree and get your hands on a proper marble amulet, you can use Arctic Armour, wich has also a good sinergy with the Hypothermia/Ice Bite combo.

The gameplay is quite smooth and simple, most of the time you don't even need to cast BV, as Orb of Storms will destroy most mobs before you even reach them. On regular clearing, even on tier 15 maps, that is enough, or can use BV with Increased AoE gem and 3-5 stacks will trash all packs.

VIDEOS

New build version Delve league:
T16 Vaal Temple
Delve Boss Kurgal
Delve Boss Ahuatotli
Elder Red Tier
T15 Sunken City
Delving

Old build videos (incursion league):
Crimson Temple Boss
Arsenal Incursion

GEAR

New version's gear:

Spoiler
Bis item for this build is Disintegrator still of course

Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn is BiS too for the damage conversion. Fated version lets us ignite with cold damage too, wich is nice but not needed.

For this version, as I wanted to go for evasion and penetration, we choose Shroud of the Lightless, wich will give us an added 37% penetration as a 6th link:

For the rings, we want a Mark of the Shaper in the left slot, and an elder ring in the right, wich it should have Warlord's Mark on hit ideally. We do not NEED those two, but will greatly boost the build and gives us more dps through siphoning charges. Try to get a good DEX roll on the elder ring, as we lack source of dex. Level 20 BV needs 155 (wich we will lack from the tree; we can take +30 dex nodes until we get the proper gear).

This is true for our amulet too, wich should be, optimally, a Marble Amulet with at least 50 dex on it, and as much life you can afford.

For our helm, I choose The Vertex this time, for the +1 to gems (wich we want for heralds and Enlighten), the chaos resist and the great evasion it has.
Other option is a rare helm with good life and resists, but vertex is so cheap I'd recommend it.

As for boots, I decided to go the Windshriek route, to gain those 4 passive points not taking Whispers of Doom for a second curse. Windscream are your start, but you will want the fated version for the extra movement speed and curse area.

JEWELS

This time, we want as many Abyss Jewels as we can, ideally rolls are a high life roll (ideally 45-50) and added damage to spells in any form:

If you cannot find good abyss jewels, stick with normal ones with life % and increased spell damage with Staffs:

Highly Recommended but nothing happens if you can't get one: Watcher's Eye with a decent life roll and the affix "Damage leeched as Life when affected by Vitality", this will give you a 1-1,5% life leech of all damage you do... wich is a lot. Big QoL boost here.

FLASKS

You will want a staunching Life or Hybrid Flask to help on heavy damage and to clear bleeding stacks

Then the dps potions:
Diamond flask, this is a BIG boost of our dps, so ideally roll increased duration or reduced charges used on it

Atziri's Promise, this little potion will double boost our dps give us chaos res wich is very handy AND life leech from chaos damage dealt (we already do 12% extra chaos from siphoning charges)

Sulphur Flask, this will both boost your dps and help your regen sustain, specially when you need to stay stationary.

Quicksilver flask, you will want it to make gaming a little faster!

Old version's Gear:
Spoiler
Bis item for this build is Disintegrator of course

Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn is BiS for the damage conversion. Fated version lets us ignite with cold damage too, wich is nice but not needed.

For chest, I personally am using Inpulsa's Broken heart, both for the Shock immunity and increased damage if you shocked (wich is nearly constantly with this build).

another great option is Carcass Jack, wich on paper gives even more dps with a perfect version; but you loose shock protection and explosions from kills.

For the rings, we want a Mark of the Shaper in the left slot, and an elder ring in the right, wich it should have Warlord's Mark on hit ideally. We do not NEED those two, but will greatly boost the build and gives us more dps through siphoning charges. Try to get best life roll on the elder ring too.

Helm: thre are quite a lot of options here... I just happen to feel confy with Geofri's Crest, a well rounded resist item with a +1 on gems on it for our heralds and/or vitality.
A rare version with chaos res and enough resists to cap them and life could be a better option... if you find such item of course, but that can be quite expensive.

Amulet, Boots and Belt, you really want to stack Life, Resists and Dexterity (on amulet and boots); lvl 20 BV needs 155 (wich we will lack from the tree; we can take +30 dex nodes until we get the proper gear), and any extra that can help (move speed on boots, spell damage on ammy, global phys on belt...)

JEWELS

Here you want two main things: increased %life and Spell damage with Staffs, the rest is a bonus.

Highly Recommended but nothing happens if you can't get one: Watcher's Eye with a decent life roll and the affix "Damage leeched as Life when affected by Vitality", this will give you a 1-1,5% life leech of all damage you do... wich is a lot. Big QoL boost here.

FLASKS

You will want a staunching Life or Hybrid Flask to help on heavy damage and to clear bleeding stacks

Then the dps potions:
Diamond flask, this is a BIG boost of our dps, so ideally roll increased duration or reduced charges used on it

Atziri's Promise, this little potion will double boost our dps give us chaos res wich is very handy AND life leech from chaos damage dealt (we already do 12% extra chaos from siphoning charges)

Sulphur Flask, this will both boost your dps and help your regen sustain, specially when you need to stay stationary. I like it with adrenaline and chemist mods, so we can use it too as "quicksilver flask" if needed.

Defensive-Dps:
Taste of Hate / Sin's Rebirth... matter of preference; ToH is a bit cheaper (not by much) and gives a better dps boost, but has less uses; SR gives a tad less dps but gives more evasion, ignite immunity and smoke cloud (although we already apply blind with Orb of Storms). So matter of your preference here.

GEMS LINKS

Blade Vortex / Vaal Blade Vortex (you really want the vaal version here, as the vaal skill is simply awesome); in order if importance:

VBV > Physical to Lightning > Hypothermia > Controlled Destruction > Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect (depending if you are clearing or with a boss). Add to the mix Elemental Penetration Support lvl 20 as a sixth link, wich gives us 37% penetration to all elements.

Why Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus? mostly because of the ailment profileration, as you don't realy need the extra dps it gives (around 200-300k dps) plus you get the profileration wich helps a lot the build

While clearing, dps is around 1.6 and 2.5 Mill (depending if the mob is shocked, wich normally are).
On bosses, shocking should not be an issue, thanks to our ascendancies, and dps with Concentrated Effect is around 3.2 Mill dps for standard bosses or 3 Mill for Shaper.

Orb of Storms; our dps / utility skill; learn to love it! we want it on a 5L

OoS > Power Charge on Critical > Ice Bite > Blind > Arcane Surge (lvl 8 triggers with one cast of OoS)
If you happen to run Phys Reflect on maps, swap in Physical to Lightning instead of PcoC or AS and you are set.

AURAS AND HERALDS:

Put those on your Vertex:
Vitality - Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Enlighten

Herald of Ash on it's own (ideally in the 6th gem slot on Disintegrator, or if your elder ring is an unset one.

You can keep a second Vertex version for hard maps or bosses where you feel you need an extra defense tier, and use Arctic Armour.

For Elemental Weakness maps, if you do not want to reroll, swap Vitality for Purity of Elements (as you will lack resists due to gear and tree most probably). This would mean to have another Vertex... hey they are cheapo!!

CwdT SETUPS:

CwdT lvl 8 - Enfeeble lvl 11-20% (replace it with Elemental Weakness lvl 11-20% for clearing or for that extra dps)

Cwdt lvl 11 - Immortall Call lvl 13 - Molten Shell lvl 16 - Summon Flame Golem 13

GOLEM:

We can choose between Flame or Lightning golem here; personally I prefer Flame this time to add a little extra dps.

MOVEMENT SKILL:

Flame Dash, 20% quality needed here, as we want it to be reliably fast. This time I linked it with faster casting and dropped one Molten Shell on CwdT setup; I found to be a good tradeoff for mobility.

PASSIVE TREE and POB

Level 91 tree
https://pastebin.com/xr3fQB9M

Final DPS build lvl 99:
https://pastebin.com/xE2UCxM9

ASCENDANCIES

You want to get them in this order:

Pendulum of Destruction > Mastermind of Discord > Shaper of Desolation > Beacon of Ruin / Paragon of Calamity

Last choice is your choice.
Beacon of Ruin is quality of life in clearing, will greatly boost your map clearing speed, as it proliferates all ailments in a radius of 18.
Paragon of Calamity will let you run reflect maps, and lessen your deaths; will also give you some more leech but will slow your clear speed.

PANTHEON

Many options here, none of them are BiS for the build, but good defensive ones are the best here; maybe get a few minor for situational bosses (like Shakari against heavy poison bosses).

Personally I choose Soul of Lunaris and Sould of Gruthkul, as both provide very good defense layers.

BANDITS

We have a few choices here, we need many passive points, so help all is the best imo, but you can get others too if you feel like:
> Kill All; needed to get all nodes we need, unless you want to give up some dps.

> Help Allira, as it is a well rounded option for the build. Extra resists +15% (wich we lack because of the uniques), mana regen AND 20% crit multi, wich is one of our biggest dps boosts.
> Help Oak; 1% life regen wich hels us against siphoning charges, 20% increased phys damage, and 2% physical damage reduction (wich helps agains siphoning charges dot)

A BIT MORE EXPLANATIONS

Why penetration?
With this version of the build, the aim is to get a high amount of penetration to multiply our damage, wich is specially effective against monsters with high resistances, aka rare and unique ones. With Penetration and Elemental Weakness, we can easily reduce monsters resistances below zero. In the end, between Elementalist's Ascendancy, thre tree and Shroud of the Lightless, BV benefits from 67% penetration to ALL ELEMENTS, wich we cast, as we have all three Heralds. The boost this amount of penetration gives is amazing.

Skill Effect Duration - You need this, and at least one of the clusters are needed. One cluster makes the base 5 secs duration of BV last 7.25 secs and 8.05 if you use efficacy. In the second version of the build, taking both duration nodes, BV lasts 9.5 secs, making life easier, and has it's side effects too: Arcane Surge lasts a whooping 8 seconds and Molten Shell 19 secs.

Vaal Blade Vortex - This you will want to use on bosses or where clear speed is important like incursions / abysses / breaches. The skill alone does 4 mill dps, has a huge AoE and spins around looking for targets. It's short lived, base duration is 3 secs, so will greatly benefit from skill effect duration; with one duration cluster lasts 4.35 secs and with efficacy support 4.83 secs. A second duration cluster would bring it near to 6 secs I guess.

Orb of Storms - Why use it on a 5L? well, I guess you could just use it on a 3L with PcoC and Blind/Ice Bite, but that way you get a very nice boost both on DPS and survibability. Blind is a near must in this build, as it will save your ass many times (remember that you get very personal with BV!!), Ice Bite will grant you frenzy charges, 15% chance to freeze and added damage! is a no-loose support. Arcane surge is just another more multiplier and cast speed with mana regen, wich we really need. All of this, makes Orb of Storms a map clearer by itself, and that is another QoL for the build, as you don't need to get close to packs to see them BOOM!

LEVELLING

The levelling is quite smooth, you can use nearly any spell, and use wands or wands + shield until you get enough level (64) for Disintegrator. Get near the Staff passives for when you reach 64 so you can get them asap (Counterweight and Serpent Stance).
Until you get the Potency of Will duration node, I would use Bladefall with spell echo for example instead of BV while levelling, or it get clunky to use without.
Last edited by Aalzien on Oct 18, 2018, 9:49:45 AM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2019, 2:20:53 PM
Two videos added
why has noone ever responded to this well written guide?

Is there a way to make an ES based build using Disintigrator?
Thanks for the compliment :).
I guess it's because of the proliferation of different guides based on BV around at the time I posted it. Mine is a bit different, as it uses Disintegrater isntead of stat sticks, although the basics are very similar.

To be doable with ES, the tree would need some changes, I'd take CI, Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath, to withstand the siphoning charges physical dot.

The tree could look like this (all gear is life based in that build):

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/FNRWxjLz

with 187% increased ES from tree (plus 21%-28% from jewels, that are now based on life).

The real issue comes with the gear... you need Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow for the build, wich is a slot you miss es on, Inpulsa's Es is not good, and you have no shield. This means you need to go heavy on ES on all the rest of your gear, wich can be diffucult to get, without much investment.

For helm, a good choice could be Fenumu's Toxin's, wich is cheap and has nice ES (around 180-200) and has good sinergy with the build. Another cheap option is Eber's Unification, that grants a mini chaos aura and debuffing it's chaos resists.
The best option though, would be to find a high ES rare helm, around 300-350'ish.
The same goes with boots, around 200-250 ES on them would be needed, as high ES unique boots are not that great.

The tricky part would be to find a good elder ring with high ES roll, same with amulet and belt.

It is harder to gear, but definetly doable.
Last edited by Aalzien on Sep 27, 2018, 5:44:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

I really like when niche builds start to work great and I'm always curious in new poe related stuff^^

Disintegrator for example is a really cool item that noone really seems to care about.

poeninja tells me that 96% of all Disintegrator player us BV for it - why? is this the best spell for it? what about attacks? I know, different story and build....

I'm currently trying to build a shadow (by now Trickster) Disintegrator + Consecrated Path (or Charged Dash) + BV build and if I fail (I fail most of the time with my "own" builds) I'll try ur Elematalist build.

regards
"
elbramso wrote:
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

I really like when niche builds start to work great and I'm always curious in new poe related stuff^^

Disintegrator for example is a really cool item that noone really seems to care about.

poeninja tells me that 96% of all Disintegrator player us BV for it - why? is this the best spell for it? what about attacks? I know, different story and build....

I'm currently trying to build a shadow (by now Trickster) Disintegrator + Consecrated Path (or Charged Dash) + BV build and if I fail (I fail most of the time with my "own" builds) I'll try ur Elematalist build.

regards

Disintegrator is very good for skills that scale highly with conversion and added damage, and BV is the best of the skills in that department, that is why it reaches such amount of dps.

The why no one uses it for a melee build... is because Two Hand is in a bad shape atm compared to any other combo; almost any skill can be used better with either DW or 1h + shield this days, but that does not mean a 2H melee build should be bad. Disintegrator has potential for that matter.

Consecrated Path is a nice new skill, but if you want to use a staff with it, Shadow is not the right class start, as you would need to travel a lot to Staff and Two Handed nodes, that are prominent on the STR/INT part of the tree.
You would probably want to take Marauder or Duelist, even Templar could be a choice. I would try to make a build around melee Disintegrator and CP + BV with Slayer (THE class for two handed area skills) or Champion (perma fortitude and onslaught via Perseverance belt).

Updated the buid to 3.4 and created a new version based on EVA and Penetration.

Uploaded some Delve videos.
And a deathless Red tier Elder video added too.
Updated the guide for corrections and to be on line with the new penetration based version.
Added a T16 Vaal Temple run

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info