Market, standard vs incursion league?

Anyone know what the standard market is like compared to league. Are items less or more chaos on average. I'm wandering cause theirs like a month left in the league(I think). And I wanna know how I should prepare. If items cost less I wanna save more chaos, but if they cost more I wanna bring items over with me to sell in standard. Anyone know.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2018, 6:40:51 PM
Perhaps the question to ask first is, is there even a viable market in Standard League on Xbox?

(this comment was intended to be conversation starting rather than mocking - is there actually a working market on Standard? - I don't know as there did not seem to be last I tried, but that was early in the year)
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Well. Incursion has made a market since its opening, and it's only... 2 months in? However... I'm also not sure of the population on standard vs league. I would like to think that the population is higher. At least for me I hate to keep restarting. I would like to think people are gonna keep playing standard to use the character they've spent so much time on. Or at least I'm hoping people split their time between standard and league.
Although... That also makes me wonder if I need to complete my build items before the league is over in case that stuff is hard to come by. I'll have to rush a character to the first town and check myself unless anyone else knows...
Last edited by Magnesium360 on Jul 25, 2018, 5:35:06 PM
Incursion is really dry, hardly anything to buy.
Standard is about the same really.
There's not that many players...
After a while of playing you'll find that you pool an absurd amount of money with nothing to spend it on.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
Interesting. From watching videos and checking forums.. the end game rares on PC are way better then Xbox. I presume that's cause much more people are crafting on PC. Maybe with time it'll get better. I'll buy what I can and save money for when we get there
"
Magnesium360 wrote:
Although... I'll have to rush a character to the first town and check myself unless anyone else knows...

Actually, I suggest that you do just that - create a Standard League character and mosey on into Lioneye's Watch. I think that you should at least be able to get a sense of the breadth of the market (but perhaps not how attentive sellers are) and general price levels.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Standard has been more expensive from what I have seen. Sometimes prices spike 2x-3x a league price on the same item.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Damn, I guess I got a month to get enough for presence of chayula lmao. I'm so not paying 3 times the amount for that.
"
Corrison wrote:
Standard has been more expensive from what I have seen. Sometimes prices spike 2x-3x a league price on the same item.

This man is right. For example, a disfavour or xoph's blood is a 'worth' lot more than their PC counterparts. Like I've said a few times before though, that is alleviated by the fact that Exalts are waaay cheaper on Xbox.

So, they're cheaper. That's great! Well, kinda. The reason they're cheap is because crafting really ain't too popular on Xbox. The trade board's ill functionality makes players and the market lean heavily towards uniques. Exalted orbs, when consumed, will be used primarily in crafting, ya know, the thing that's hardly done on Xbox. So they are cheaper, but there's no good rares. I haven't found a single rare that I looked at and went OwO. As if it's even easy to look for them anyway...

So if you like uniques, you're gonna have a field day on xbox. Though admittedly the shitty uniques tend to be inflated to really annoying prices.

Talking ill of the Path Community is not 'allowed', which is dumb! Don't silence my opinions you lovable tyrants; Xbox players are so easily manipulated by the font and the sound loot makes when it drops. A few updates back Starkonja's Head was easily 5-10 chaos. But recently Neversink's filter updated so that the silken hood base makes an exalt drop sound and has an orange font (aka questionable unique).

Ever since then you've got dunderheads selling those common ass uniques for 25c to an ex. I still sell them at 5-10c, because I'll pass making irrelevant 30-40c profit if I can avoid being the typical dickhead Xbox tradeboarder.

That's the end of my messy rant. Thanks for reading fellers!
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
Last edited by rangerDangerr on Jul 27, 2018, 6:43:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info