Which third party programs are banned?

Hiya,

I think we can all agree that using a bot to play for you should get you banned. However, I'm curious if things like AutoHotkey macros or Poe Companion or Advanced Stash Helper could result in a ban?
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2018, 12:42:02 PM
"
Seanra wrote:
AutoHotkey macros

It's impossible to answer this; some macros are permitted, others are not.

There's a thread linked to from my signature which you may find interesting.

"
Seanra wrote:
Poe Companion

Automates many things; using this could get you banned.

"
Seanra wrote:
Advanced Stash Helper

I googled this and the top two search results were dedicated cheating sites.

Not going to bother looking into it any further...
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
pretty much what Sarno has just said.

For the macros though you could email support with the macro and they'll tell you.

Also, a little common sense here, if the mods you use are found only on sited dedicated to cheating and botting then it's very likely to get you banned.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 18, 2018, 6:14:59 AM
* Does the tool read directly from the game memory? Not allowed.
* Does the tool modify game data, whether offline (files, assets) or online (modifying memory)? Not allowed.
* Does the tool perform more than one action with one input from you (e.g. "flask macros")? Not allowed.
* Does the tool contain any kind of automation (delays, logic, repeated input)? Not allowed.

None of the above? Likely allowed, but always better to ask to be sure. You can ask here, but the only one who can give you a definitive, authoritative answer is GGG support (support@grindinggear.com).

You can check out Sarno's guide for more specific examples.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 18, 2018, 12:43:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info