Requesting tips for improving DPS on a Tornado Shot build

I have made my first Tornado Shot character after literally years of putting it off (didn't like how the spell sounded/felt)and find my damage lacking a lot though I have some theories

My tornado setup is as follows currently

I'm running Grace with Herald of Ice and have 4 frenzy charges possible

My weapon is this

I'm level 71 right now and I feel like a wet noodle at some points, I think its partly because I do some elemental and when I hit ele resist mobs they absorb a lot. Likewise my physical damage isn't huge so I don't kill off armored mobs as easy on occasion. I tried to make up for this via frenzy charges, abuse of the herald of ice shatter,and critical hit damage.

What can I do to improve my damage more in my current state? I'm pretty broke on this league as a fair warning.

Build tree is here https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4GIwguD6sRLxUgFr8ZihmOGbQhdiP2JIsmlSoLKk0s6S2DMHwxnjWSNj051DrhPydHfkrITZJN41PPVUtVhVuvXfJh4mKsZU1pTmyMbqpv8nBSdf17FH11fyuEb4azhs6J04w2jX2XBpuNnaqgn6Gko4qly6ZXp9S1SLXyu-O9Nr6nwTPBScM6xKLI3NN-1ELYvd0N4dvrY-2D7g7vevJF9qP-Cv4d_o_-uv7I

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm a Deadeye Ranger
Last edited by StumpyJoe on Jul 17, 2018, 8:59:55 PM
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2018, 1:21:07 AM
Well I can see a lot of discrepancies in your skill links and tree. First off your allocating a lot of physical damage nodes then running added cold and ele damage with attacks. If you want to stick with the physical damage you should run chance to bleed and maim. Second I would keep mirage archer as a 6th link once in maps. If I have to double tap packs then mirage is kind of a wasted link. Third you have a bunch crit chance but no multi. Crit is only worth it with a bunch of multi (around 350%). Fourth your tree is going all the way to the scion life nodes while skipping over life nodes that are 1 point away (Revenge of the hunted / Thick Skin). Fifth most Ranger's will go with ele damage over phys due to the tree around the start having better ele damage nodes. All tornado shot builds have vastly different trees than yours so I would look at one of those for a bit better guidance than me. I also don't play a lot of hardcore except for races. Best wishes exile :-).
Last edited by Moltentide on Jul 17, 2018, 10:58:00 PM
"
Moltentide wrote:
snip

Thank you for the response.

I will try maim and chance to bleed. What is your opinion on getting critical hit damage, the tree?

I will reallocate some points around as well. I will stick to physical damage, I mainly got elemental because I wanted to shatter the mobs for sure and I thought Herald of Ice would be a good compliment.
Well crit multi is valued a lot on gear like jewels and amulets (can get pricey). There are some nodes like the upper ones in the lethality wheel and heartseeker / throatseeker. Death's opus gives 100 to multi (would need the accuracy points in the ascendancy), and you could spec into rupture in the ascendancy vs. precision (to be honest I think the tailwind nodes are too good for the first two points). Three points in mana leech should be overkill as well since its based off damage not your mana pool. Thief's torment is a great ring if your struggling with life/mana leech (it even has quantity on it). I usually don't start adding critical nodes till lvl 80 tho I like to grab all the base damage nodes first (jewel sockets are big damage for bows). Again most rangers go ele (primeval force / force of nature) since the abyss jewels grant you so much damage vs phys (plus a lot easier to roll / find with ele). Heavy draw would work well with phys bow builds along with Hemophilia gloves for corpse explosions and clear. Rupture also has life on hit to bleeding enemies and if your going pure phys drop herald of ice and socket in brutality over maim. Also look into a shaper based chest since they have the same phys taken as ele mods without the downside. Cheers!
Last edited by Moltentide on Jul 18, 2018, 12:49:13 AM
Could also run a 4L with the mirage chance to bleed tornado shot and save the 5/6L for a tornado shot with bloodlust on bosses. I'll have to path of build this and see if a bleed bow build is worth it when I get home. :-)
I appreciate the responses, I will probably invest into the bleed suggestions since I did not go to far into elemental stuff. I made a weird semi-hybrid ele/phys damage build. Hope I can salvage this without having to start over lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info