Vaal Earthquake/Abberath's Fury skipping steps at certain movement speeds

It seems like Abberath's Fury from Abberath's Hooves and Vaal Earthquake both skip steps above a movement speed threshold (looks to be around +160-170%). This is frustrating, as I was trying to build around scaling movement speed instead of attack speed, but there's a point at which the step inconsistency becomes extremely frustrating to play with.
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2018, 6:53:48 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I believe there's an internal cooldown/limit for Abberaths Steps, so it may not actually be a bug. Similar to Cast on Critical Strike having a set cd so you cannot just infinitely spam spells.
There is a limit to this effect at around +160% movement speed. If a player exceeds this limit, the trigger frequency is dramatically reduced and the spell sometimes skips a cast.
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
I believe there's an internal cooldown/limit for Abberaths Steps, so it may not actually be a bug. Similar to Cast on Critical Strike having a set cd so you cannot just infinitely spam spells.

All skills with internal cooldowns seem to have it noted on their stat sheets and interact with the % cooldown recovery modifier. Abberath's doesn't seem to do so. If it is intended behavior, it feels like clunky, unintuitive design.

"
DarkJesusMN wrote:
There is a limit to this effect at around +160% movement speed. If a player exceeds this limit, the trigger frequency is dramatically reduced and the spell sometimes skips a cast.

This is something I'd describe as a bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info