Opinions wanted re: Life, ES, MoM

Hello all,

This is in extension to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186516

My char is an elemental hit build ranged scion, so I have a few options about how I want to defend my char. I think every build I've seen so far is life to varying degrees of extreme about how many life nodes to get between the Ranger to Inquisitor or Scion to Inquisitor then Duelist to Ranger.

I was thinking, if I'm near the Witch area anyway, would getting some combo of MoM or ES be as good/better? I could get a fair bit of life nodes still (I think around 150% to 170% depending) with around 240% ES and MoM. I realize this might be overkill and/or inefficient, but I realized there are a lot of options around that area.

Has anyone played around with these ideas before? Would adding MoM and/or ES and taking out Acrobatics be a decent idea? If yes, what kind of gear/mana requirements will I need/have?

Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 12:11:08 PM
"
Jewarlaho wrote:
Hello all,

This is in extension to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186516

My char is an elemental hit build ranged scion, so I have a few options about how I want to defend my char. I think every build I've seen so far is life to varying degrees of extreme about how many life nodes to get between the Ranger to Inquisitor or Scion to Inquisitor then Duelist to Ranger.

I was thinking, if I'm near the Witch area anyway, would getting some combo of MoM or ES be as good/better? I could get a fair bit of life nodes still (I think around 150% to 170% depending) with around 240% ES and MoM. I realize this might be overkill and/or inefficient, but I realized there are a lot of options around that area.

Has anyone played around with these ideas before? Would adding MoM and/or ES and taking out Acrobatics be a decent idea? If yes, what kind of gear/mana requirements will I need/have?

Thanks in advance.

Mixing Life and ES is a bad idea except for a few niche cases. It's an advanced strat.

ES isn't quite as bad right now as some people make it sound, but I would stick to Life until you have more game knowledge. MoM can be great for defense, but then you can't use Auras like hatred, Heralds, etc. For rangers, the best defense is killing everything before it hits you. Just get enough life to avoid one shots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info