Pure physical damage, is it worth?

I want to make pure physical claw blade flury/vaal reave scion with slayer/jugg bonuses.
I was just wodering if it is worth going full physical since I never saw that kind of build.
Why slayer? Overleach, bonus damage while leaching, can't take reflected physical damage, culling strike without gems.
why jugg? 1000 accuracy, immune to chill/stun, easy endurance charges.

I don't want to do 3M shaper dps, I want to be able to face tank as much as possible (I can dodge too).

Would you give me any other tips and tricks for that type of build?

Thanks.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 7:56:37 AM
I don't quite understand what you mean with "worth it" in this context, sorry. You seem to be aware that you will do way less damage than a conversion/statstick build so it's your own decision. In terms of buildefficiency it's not a good idea imho. It is way to simple to equip a statstick with two or three "gained as extra" affixes to give up your ability to use elemental or chaos damage. And the defensive auras simply aren't good enough to make up for the loss of Hatred and Heralds. At best you save a few skillpoints, because you can skip ele damage wheels in the tree, but that's about it.

You also don't get tankier just by using brutality. You still need to invest into the typical sustain and mitigation mechanics of choice.

All that being said though: Will a pure phys build be capable to do most content just fine? Yes. It's probably not going to be enough dps for Uberelder but all other tasks should be fullfillable.

If you go down this path it will most certainly not be the objectively best way to build Reave/BF. But nothing is wrong with "because i can" builds. I've made a lot of them and always enjoyed my hipster characters :).
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jul 17, 2018, 6:40:23 AM
"
tweedledee111 wrote:
I don't quite understand what you mean with "worth it" in this context, sorry. You seem to be aware that you will do way less damage than a conversion/statstick build so it's your own decision. In terms of buildefficiency it's not a good idea imho. It is way to simple to equip a statstick with two or three "gained as extra" affixes to give up your ability to use elemental or chaos damage. And the defensive auras simply aren't good enough to make up for the loss of Hatred and Heralds. At best you save a few skillpoints, because you can skip ele damage wheels in the tree, but that's about it.

You also don't get tankier just by using brutality. You still need to invest into the typical sustain and mitigation mechanics of choice.

All that being said though: Will a pure phys build be capable to do most content just fine? Yes. It's probably not going to be enough dps for Uberelder but all other tasks should be fullfillable.

If you go down this path it will most certainly not be the objectively best way to build Reave/BF. But nothing is wrong with "because i can" builds. I've made a lot of them and always enjoyed my hipster characters :).

Thanks for the answer, I was definetly thinking about statstic and for skills that would be an axe or mace (cuz physical stats). For defence I gonna try to make half evasion half armour, maybe insta leach at the beginning, maybe vaal pact, maybe artic armour.
For offencive: physical auras - vaal haste, if I don't need enfeeble then maybe punishment or vulnerability?
And for clear explosions maybe haemophilia gloves.

Ofc it's not final decision but for now build idea is kinnda like that.

Also pure physical idea came from the fact that all bosses have chaos and elemental resistance, but not all bosses have reduced physical damage taken.
What concerns phys builds the most, is the weapon.
It's the most relevant factor while making your choice, the rest are build details.

Ele builds have way more sources of flat damage (stat sticks, abyssal jewels, conversions, gear).
While the gradual damage increase in a phys build is about upgrading the weapon. The price scales exponentially in exalts, depending on your goals.
The need for expensive jewelry with phys builds shouldn't be underestimated as well.

So, do you have the weapon, or the currency to fund it?
That's what you should ask yourself, before making a choice.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
What concerns phys builds the most, is the weapon.
It's the most relevant factor while making your choice, the rest are build details.

Ele builds have way more sources of flat damage (stat sticks, abyssal jewels, conversions, gear).
While the gradual damage increase in a phys build is about upgrading the weapon. The price scales exponentially in exalts, depending on your goals.
The need for expensive jewelry with phys builds shouldn't be underestimated as well.

So, do you have the weapon, or the currency to fund it?
That's what you should ask yourself, before making a choice.

Fair enough, thanks for the answer. :)
"
tazass wrote:

Thanks for the answer, I was definetly thinking about statstic and for skills that would be an axe or mace (cuz physical stats). For defence I gonna try to make half evasion half armour, maybe insta leach at the beginning, maybe vaal pact, maybe artic armour.
For offencive: physical auras - vaal haste, if I don't need enfeeble then maybe punishment or vulnerability?

Also pure physical idea came from the fact that all bosses have chaos and elemental resistance, but not all bosses have reduced physical damage taken.

Now you worry me...

1) When you are doing a pure phys build you have no use for a statstick or hatred or herald of ash because statsticks and auras give you elemental/chaos damage. That was the whole point of my post. If you are just dualwielding two phys weapons that is NOT using a statstick. It's either pure phys without statstick/auras or NOT pure phys with auras and statstick. An axe or mace with just % increased physical damage bonuses would not work, because these affixes are local, wich means they only affect this weapon and nothing else. Especially they don't affect the attacks with your main hand. Your typically better off using a shield or a unique for it's unique property as a pure phys build. "Gained as extra" - affixes on the other hand are global and work for everything, even for spells.

2) Instant leech is long gone (unless bloodseeker wich really is the wrong weapon for a pure phys build, due to the low basedamage).

3) The whole "i don't want to use ele damage coz bosses have resistances" thinking is somewhat similar to "I don't want to earn money, coz i would have to pay taxes." You don't get anything for not doing elemental damage. (Nothing but "designspace" so to speak.) On the most part you simply give up on a lot of scaling that is very easy to incorporate via using hatred, using damage flasks, using a statstick. True, bosses will mitigate some of that, but a tremendous amount of damage will still be left after resistances.
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jul 17, 2018, 7:41:07 AM
"
tweedledee111 wrote:
"
tazass wrote:

Now you worry me...

1) When you are doing a pure phys build you have no use for a statstick or hatred or herald of ash because statsticks and auras give you elemental/chaos damage. That was the whole point of my post. If you are just dualwielding two phys weapons that is NOT using a statstick. It's either pure phys without statstick/auras or NOT pure phys with auras and statstick. An axe or mace with just % increased physical damage bonuses would not work, because these affixes are local, wich means they only affect this weapon and nothing else. Especially they don't affect the attacks with your main hand. "Gained as extra" - affixes on the other hand are global and work for everything, even for spells.

2) Instant leech is long gone (unless bloodseeker wich really is the wrong weapon for a pure phys build, due to the low basedamage).

3) The whole "i don't want to use ele damage coz bosses have resistances" thinking is somewhat similar to "I don't want to earn money, coz i would have to pay taxes." You don't get anything for not doing elemental damage. (Nothing but "designspace" so to speak.) On the most part you simply give up on a lot of scaling that is very easy to incorporate via using hatred, using damage flasks, using a statstick. True, bosses will mitigate some of that, but a tremendous amount of damage will still be left after resistances.

Oh, thanks for detailed explanation, you accualy teached me something.
You'r welcome :).
The way "gained as extra" affixes work, might change in the future, because general consensus atm seems to be that they are a tad too powerful. (Just wanted to add this for information, in case it's more of a long-term project.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info