Order of Damage conversion and Damage multiplier mechanics

Hi all, I'll try to keep this short, thanks in advance for all the help

If we were to do a 100% physical damage converted to elemental damage,
Are conversions mechanics applied first before the damage multiplier?

(I found a lot of resources explaining 50% physical converted to elemental but I couldn't find anything on 100% conversions so sorry if it seems like this question has been asked over 1 billion times)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Short version of the question:

If I have a 100% physical damage conversion to elemental damage
And I link the skill to "Melee Physical Damage Support" AND "Elemental Damage with Attacks"

Will I get the full value out of both support gems? Or will only Elemental Damage with Attacks work?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long version of the question:

If I have a 100% physical damage conversion to elemental damage for example

50% Physical damage converted to Cold damage and
50% Physical damage converted to Lightning damage

What will happen if I link the skill to "Melee Physical Damage Support" AND "Elemental Damage with Attacks"

Will I get the full value out of both support gems? For example

1) Physical damage is multiplied by MPD, then converted to elemental damage, then elemental damage is multiplied again by EDwA

or 2) melee physical damage support does not do anything since there are no physical damage since they're all converted to elemental? because the conversion takes priority.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sort of off topic question:

Does that mean if you build a 100% physical to lightning character only lightning and elemental multipliers on the passive tree will work?

I'm confused because I was told that if you do 100% conversions, it won't matter on the tree if you get physical damage or elemental damage cus (pardon my shitty numbers they're just examples)

let's say 100 physical damage after +20% physical damage multipliers from the tree turns into 120 physical damage, then 100% of that is converted so 120 lightning damage.

and
100 physical damage converted to 100 lightning damage and after elemental dmg multipliers on the tree it turns into 120 lightning damage so both result in 120 lightning damage.

Or was that idea just false and only elemental and lightning damage points on the trees will work and the physical damage points are just useless?

Thanks in advance for all the help again!
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 7:01:07 AM
I'll limit myself to the short version: You can scale both the initial damage and the damage into wich it is converted. In your example of 100% physical base with 50% cold and 50% lightning conversion, both melee phys and elemental damage with attacks supports will work.

% increased phys dmg nodes in the tree will scale the full base damage, % elemental damage nodes will scale the full resulting damage and % cold/lightning nodes will scale 50% of the resulting damage each.

Details are well explained in the wiki, including a really in depth example calculation:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info