Trade Site Improvements

An option to search for legacy/non-legacy in the Miscellaneous section simillar to corrupted and alt art would be nice for Standard players.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Have actually been a big fan of the trade site recently! Switched over this league. The compact mode will be a big plus as that is one of the big gripes in its current state.

I don't actually have much of an issue with the trade being outside the game as I play multi-monitor. But what would be hugely useful is to be able to group multiple individual trades into a single query tab. I sometimes have 10-15 tabs open because I am acquiring loot for multiple characters and it makes it really hard to process when things are that spread out. Would be much better to see a rollup of that information in a single pane.

A few more bits of feedback:
1) The ignore list doesn't seem to work very well. I have people that show up in my results that are in my ignore and have repeatedly marked them for ignore after they show up again (only 1 entry, though).
2) I would really love to see some minimum threshold for item prices or some way to penalize users who constantly try and bait users with absurdly low prices that they won't sell for. I put minimums on what I'll pay, but it still causes a lot of noise and frustration. There's no way to lock people into trades, but don't make it so easy for them to run scams.
3) Please consider currency or map vendors. The most consistent bitching about trade is how frustrating it is to actually connect with someone for these trades. Is there really any harm in putting set values for these items and a means to exchange them easily? It should cut down on the volume (and burden on the API) of trades overall. It would also put an end to the market manipulation nonsense that happens with currency ratios.
Faster than poe.trade but a less cohesive experience altogether. Especially with buying maps, idk why if you're filtered to search for incursion league that it lists Atlas of Worlds map types in the search bar autofill, just doesn't make any sense.
now please just make all of it available ingame !
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
Despite what people are saying here, poe.trade is NOT better than the GGG site. I've been using both since pathofexile.com/trade was unveiled and I have always defaulted to it.

poe.trade has a messy layout and doesn't stay in sync with the storage tab API as frequently as GGG's site does.

GGG has added several cosmetic features to lists in order to satisfy you poe.trade users. It makes the UI much simpler and more compact, allowing additional items to be displayed at once without all the border flair and artwork. All the filters that you use on poe.trade are also available on GGG's platform. The resource exchange is also easier to use.

If you say that poe.trade is better, you are either resistant to change or you flat-out don't use GGG's site and think it's worse. Sorry, but your ignorance will keep you in an inferior position.

Nice job, GGG. It works like a dream!

EDIT: Also, please DON'T make it available in game. This is what ruined Diablo 3 when it had the auction house feature!

Players need to jump through some hurdles to get to trading, as trading allows you to speed-jump through many of the game's content gates. Add trading as an in-game interface, and viola, you now have people sitting on trade more than the actual game. This is NOT how it should work!
Last edited by DuALsTRIKE on Jul 17, 2018, 4:12:09 PM
Auction House confirmed!
IGN: DabrixRN
I'm glad you're working on it. The sooner poe.trade is forced to close, the better.
Nice changes. I guess for the prefix-suffix thing to work the API must now give this information otherwise you can't always guess (like poe does). So now poe will get that too.

"
DuALsTRIKE wrote:

If you say that poe.trade is better, you are either resistant to change or you flat-out don't use GGG's site and think it's worse. Sorry, but your ignorance will keep you in an inferior position.

Ah, yes. A classic case of the internet-know-it-all. Everyone who does not agree with me is ignorant.
Please share your infinite knowledge oh divine know-it-all.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jul 17, 2018, 5:28:51 PM
"
DuALsTRIKE wrote:
Despite what people are saying here, poe.trade is NOT better than the GGG site. I've been using both since pathofexile.com/trade was unveiled and I have always defaulted to it.

poe.trade has a messy layout and doesn't stay in sync with the storage tab API as frequently as GGG's site does.

GGG has added several cosmetic features to lists in order to satisfy you poe.trade users. It makes the UI much simpler and more compact, allowing additional items to be displayed at once without all the border flair and artwork. All the filters that you use on poe.trade are also available on GGG's platform. The resource exchange is also easier to use.

Nice job, GGG. It works like a dream!

EDIT: Also, please DON'T make it available in game. This is what ruined Diablo 3 when it had the auction house feature!

Players need to jump through some hurdles to get to trading, as trading allows you to speed-jump through many of the game's content gates. Add trading as an in-game interface, and viola, you now have people sitting on trade more than the actual game. This is NOT how it should work!

i would say the ignorant one is you, though your profile seems to say you give up on characters before 90 so it isn't a surprise you have this stance.

the official site is great for simple searches as it updates far quicker and it has the basics of what you would need to filter.

but , poe.trade is better for searching ranges and accounting for different favorable outcomes.
SO this is the best option when looking for items with slower turn over.
Like others have said. I see no reason to use this when poe.trade exists. An in-game auction house doesn't have to mean for real money. Why this conclusion is instantaneously jumped to is beyond me. The only reason it would even include real money purchases is if GGG decided to be extra greedy as obviously, they'd be skimming each sale. There are many things Blizzard did right with Diablo. The wrong they did with the auction house was ever including real money as an option and it is the exact reason people had a problem. No one complained about in-game currency. Because that is how it should be.

And while we're talking about what they did right, they realized people get bored of grinding the story over and over and over and over so they made Adventure Mode. So that you can quickly level to catch up to friends who might be farther ahead and also to skip all the stuff you don't care about and go straight to late game farming, how anyone can see that as BAD is beyond me. The goal is to get to end game. Just give me the passive points from quests and the bandit choice and let me have fun. I'm sorry. Not everyone cares about lore. I've been playing a long while now and I honest to God do not care about the lore at all. I don't care why Kitava is bad or isn't bad or who is a bad guy and who is a good guy. I have no idea who the new lady is. Alba? She is a signpost that tells me how to get to the next incursion. I appreciate it's inclusion and expansion but... can I just skip it and go to maps? Because I'm really getting bored of clicking those nodes and killing bosses that never ever stand a chance of killing me and progressing in a story about some people on an island being mad about whatever these people are mad about. One of the guys wants to bip-bop a giant spider?!? Sure man whatever. I don't die during leveling unless I go afk and a random mob decides to show up. This isn't a call to increase difficulty it's a call to stop making me trudge through content that I don't need to do because maps could be and should be open from the start. Hows about less focus on inhibiting fun and more on opening the game up so that everyone can have fun in whatever way they choose? You want to trudge through the story? Go for it. You want to skip it and do maps? Go for it. Why is this concept so alien and avoided like a leper?

TL;DR
poe.trade or bust

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info