Molten Strike question

My build is Multi Strike Jaggernaut.

on most builds here and on poe.ninja, i see one repeated pattern:

1. grelwood as weapon (for 2 more projectiles, IR and point blank)
2. lioneye as shield (for life)
3. loreweave as chest armour (for damage).

but i tested with POB,
and i get better life and better DPS with:

1. 1 hand axe (i have one with more than 350 dps)
2. doryani (high elemental damage)
3. belly (high life)

i do spend 2 passives on IR (few more for point blank if i'll choose).

is the passives saving is what causes 99% of the builds use what i mentioned before?

plus, i noticed one more thing.

everyone use
leap slam -> faster attacks -> fortify
in order to trigger fortify.

what not to add also onslaught for the leap slam instead of the faster attacks?

thank you!

Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 9:06:22 AM
If you want onslought together with fortify you can always use Perseverance, that will save 1 gem slot.
Perseverance seems to be too weak comparing to the belts in market (+damage +life +3res +movement +damage of attack skills).
Grelwood: because more balls -> more life gain on hit -> more survival
Lorewave: Max Resis are 80 -> basically 20% less elemental damage -> more survival
"
NoBillag wrote:
Grelwood: because more balls -> more life gain on hit -> more survival

More balls means also more damage (how much depends on total number of projectiles you have).
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 16, 2018, 8:30:30 AM
with molten strike, however, you can have too many balls. the more and more you add the more spread out they will fall, and at this point more projectiles won't really do anything because they won't hit the target anyway.

this applies to smaller bosses like shaper, but not necessarily to something big like the temple spaceship. i've personally found 10-12 to be the max ball count for molten strike. anything above and beyond feels like it isn't doing anything.

also it really seems like trying to get accurate numbers on PoB with molten strike, and many things now-a-days, is proving difficult.
when calculating it though keep in mind PoB gives you the damage per ball, so you need to times that with how many balls will hit the target. graelwood will obviously raise this number, theoretically.

passives probably isn't why most builds use the first set of gear - its probably because thats just what instantly pops up in their mind to what is good. graelwood is made for molten strike, and loreweave is all the rave.
i personally still use belly and i love how cheap it is right now
"
xMustard wrote:
with molten strike, however, you can have too many balls. the more and more you add the more spread out they will fall, and at this point more projectiles won't really do anything because they won't hit the target anyway.

Does this hold true with Ancestral Call? From what I've read with AC the balls will auto-select (up to) two targets in the area. If there's only one target, it should be auto-selected by all of them.
"
NoBillag wrote:
Does this hold true with Ancestral Call? From what I've read with AC the balls will auto-select (up to) two targets in the area. If there's only one target, it should be auto-selected by all of them.

the balls do not ever auto select. its ancestral call that auto selects. vs single target AC doesn't work at all, normally.

you can however aim at the ground and shift+attack the ground. then AC will auto target the boss and you'll effectively be attacking two places near the boss, which should let the boss get hit by more balls.
it works, kinda, sometimes. it works less with multistrike because multistrike will auto target the boss after the first attack on the ground, so IMO you're better off just attacking the boss without AC and another damage support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info