Human Powered (Quasi Steampunk)

So here is my Incursion hideout. It's a 'dark steampunk' setting.

The basic premise is that I decided to use Piety's and Malachai's knowledge instead of discarding it. And I was able to persuade the exiled Masters to join me in this darker alternate reality as we try to free Wraeclast.

If you look closely, the machinery is all attached to humans. This is probably not very good for them, as a few examples of unfortunate individuals shows.

Note: I'm still organizing the screenshots. There's just a lot of little things in this hideout to show.

Basic overview
Portal and Map Device

Crafting Stations

Zana's power machinery

Navali's machinery powering the crafting benches

The map device and its power source

Angry Haku towering over a captive, Zana, the Iron Maiden victim and the waypoint

Crafting stations without labels

Elreon leading an exile into the machinery

Catarina's machinery

The beach
Spoiler
The... power sources

Tora overseeing the fishers

Vagan and Vorici herding the unfortunates

Tora's suppresion of an attempted uprising

The fishers

Alva's Ritual
Spoiler
Alva's ritual, high view

The fate of a participant in Alva's ritual

Here's a little fan fic that sort of forced itself from my mind. It's the story to go with the hideout and why the masters are doing what they are.
Spoiler

I remember when I killed Piety. At one time she had seemed like a goddess to me. But before I killed her, she told me about the things she and Malachai had done.

Her mind almost snapped, she said.

But I was stronger than both of them. And I took their knowledge for my own. They had discovered how to harness the energy of pain, suffering and even the very essence of life itself. In various experiments they stored, manipulated, and employed those primal forces, altering flesh, blood, and even space itself.

Using their discoveries, I became stronger, more powerful, deadlier. And all who opposed me fell.

Along the way I discovered a few exceptional individuals. Elreon, the fallen priest. Catarina, in love with death. Tora, whose only love was the scent of blood on the wind. Vagan and Vorici, each claiming the title of 'best'. Haku, filled with hidden rage at the desecration of his lands and people. Navali, cursed by the gods to die and return, never remembering why.

I helped them in their pursuits, and eventually I gained their trust. They watched me grew stronger, and slowly, secretly, I shared with each of them some of the trivial workings I had stolen from Piety's grasp. They hesitated only briefly before discarding their old morals.

And I destroyed 'god' after 'god'. So I knew humanity was stronger than anything else that existed.

However, Kitava had grown stronger as well, so we needed to grow stronger ourselves. On the shore of an abandoned isle, I revealed my works to my allies. And I explained my plan to those who stood with me, who had profited by my teachings.

When I showed them the pure power of humanity, extracted from the wretched human refuse that eked out their miserable lives, they all agreed.

So what matter the lives of a few hundred, when Kitava would slaughter thousands? But I also promised them that after we defeated Kitava, we would remake the world, and cleanse it of the corruption that befouled it, with the power of a thousand harnessed souls.

Elreon's prayers, Vagan's metallurgy, and Haku's own primitive yet surprisingly strong rituals of fire and spirit helped shape the machinery. Tora's insight into wind, blood, and storm meshed well with Catarina's insight into death and what little tidbits Navali had stolen from the gods during her trips to and from death. Vorici's ability to manipulate the virtue stones gave us the ability to store and focus this power.

Into me.

And so we defeated Kitava.

But then Zana showed up. Vorici nearly killed her when she claimed to know what we were doing. But she was haunted by visions from her past and from the present.

There is one already remaking worlds, she said. And he will come for this world when he has all the rest, and you will fall. Unless we take over those worlds first.

She looked at me, with Vorici's poisoned blade a hair's breadth above her throat. I will help you, she said. And all I ask is that you kill my father.

The others agreed with me. There was no choice. We had a new nemesis to fight before our world could be safe.

And so Zana gave us her protoype device that bridged realities. And we altered it, amde it capable of not just bridging realities, but changing them.

First we will kill this 'Shaper of Worlds'. Then we should have enough power to destroy the final two gods here, the soulless Sin and his reawakened brother, Innocence.

After that, the others can have their petty dreams. Catarina will play with her scultures. Haku's people will return to his lands, and Elreon will have his church. Vagan, Vorici, and Tora can wallow in blood until they drown themselves. Navali will have her rest at last.

And all will bow to me. Even at the end, when I will gather all the power from all of humanity to ensure none will rise to challenge me.

And what will I do with this power?

Why, I will become a god. The only god.

An eternal god.

Last bumped on Sep 30, 2018, 4:01:59 PM
a grimm alternate reality where the exile is the villain is an interesting idea. good stuff.
♥ W O N D R O U S ♥

This is pure freakout ♥_♥

Very nice details and in the whole place!
like the crafting benches implemented as machinery, overall all the machinery is great!, or the fallen exile at stairs and the nearby Exiles looking at him questioning their near future fate, the shallow graves near Catarina ♥ etc.etc.)

overal the theme & execution & story.

This is a very very well done HO m8

/bravo
/bravooo
/braaavooo

:)
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on Sep 21, 2018, 8:08:24 PM
Extremely good piece of work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account: