[3.6] Fastest Quill Rain Elemental Hit | 426% MS | 10.7APS | Pure Mirage Archer Map Clear

"
Baelturath wrote:
"
SodaPop9 wrote:
"
Putsdry wrote:
still viable?

Should be. I don't recall any changes affecting it. I'm currently leveling a new char that's based on this build so i'll make improvements when i'm done.

What about the Quill Rain nerf? "40% less damage" instead of "40% less Weapon damage". Or doesn't that change anything for this particular build?

Has no effect.
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
"
SodaPop9 wrote:
"
Baelturath wrote:

What about the Quill Rain nerf? "40% less damage" instead of "40% less Weapon damage". Or doesn't that change anything for this particular build?

Has no effect.

Cool. Thanks for the answer!
"
SodaPop9 wrote:

Has no effect.

What do you mean? "Has no effect"

It´s literally 40% less dmg than before.
"
Nvar wrote:
"
SodaPop9 wrote:

Has no effect.

What do you mean? "Has no effect"

It´s literally 40% less dmg than before.

Read again:
"40% less Weapon damage"
"40% less damage"
Both wordings affect ele hit. Therefore the patch has no effect.
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Hey, great build, having a lot of fun with it. Just wondering though; what is the point of the 'Call of the Brotherhood' ring besides with vortex on your CWDT setup? Seems very niche to take up a whole ring slot?
"
_Midas wrote:
Hey, great build, having a lot of fun with it. Just wondering though; what is the point of the 'Call of the Brotherhood' ring besides with vortex on your CWDT setup? Seems very niche to take up a whole ring slot?

The ring is used to convert the lightning portion of ele hit to cold, which later gets converted to fire. Basically, it gives the build 24% more damage.

Vortex is used in CWDT to apply chill to enemies that hit you which gives ele hit 10% more damage: "10% more Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy"
"
SodaPop9 wrote:
"
_Midas wrote:

The ring is used to convert the lightning portion of ele hit to cold, which later gets converted to fire. Basically, it gives the build 24% more damage.

Vortex is used in CWDT to apply chill to enemies that hit you which gives ele hit 10% more damage: "10% more Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy"

Thanks for the reply!

I know i'm probably being dumb, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

You have 2 Combat Focus Jewels socketed (Crimson and Viridian) so that elemental hit chooses only fire damage and the skill says 'Only deals damage of chosen element, deals no damamge of other damage types.' So there shouldn't be anything other than fire damage being dealt?
"
_Midas wrote:
"
SodaPop9 wrote:
"
_Midas wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I know i'm probably being dumb, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

You have 2 Combat Focus Jewels socketed (Crimson and Viridian) so that elemental hit chooses only fire damage and the skill says 'Only deals damage of chosen element, deals no damamge of other damage types.' So there shouldn't be anything other than fire damage being dealt?

Correct, there is nothing other than fire. However, the conversion happens before ele hit picks an element. So all the damage that you convert to fire will apply to ele hit when it picks fire.

Watch this video to understand conversion better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQ7m-PW-FA
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Jan 23, 2019, 1:04:19 AM
"
SodaPop9 wrote:

Correct, there is nothing other than fire. However, the conversion happens before ele hit picks an element. So all the damage that you convert to fire will apply to ele hit when it picks fire.

Watch this video to understand conversion better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQ7m-PW-FA

Ah ok, thank you very much for the explanation and your patience with me :)
What about bandits? Which should I help if any?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info