[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
Psycomantje wrote:
What is the reason not going for crit? I see most ele hit build go crit?

I believe we don't have much room for crits/multi/accuracy rolls anywhere on items or tree. And with around 75% hit chance we lose like 20% dps.
Which tree should I follow? There's one in the PoB, one in the guide and the author uses another for his delve character (MF though) I don't play MF.
Thoughts on changing slower projectiles with damage on full life? It gives 5k more dmg and you don't really care about projectile speed since with Chin Sol you want to be point blank anyways? Also would make easier getting a 3G 2R 1B Chin Sol?
It doesn't seem like anyone takes Celestial Punishment with this build, which just going by PoB seems weird to me. I guess jewel sockets just give more flexibility?

At level 94, CP would give me +6% average DPS for a 2 point investment, which is pretty hard to beat in terms of damage. Jewel sockets are all 3-4 points away, and most jewels within reach give me around +3% average DPS and either resistances or life on top of that.
i have some issues with damage on full life support.

im constantly missing like 8 hp at bosses therefore the gem doesnt exist theoretically, anyone has some input about all this?
My mirror service threads:
Vaal Regalia, Ambush: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/866352
Phys Claw, Standard: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/802828
Okay so the build is plenty tanky, 7k hp and I'm only 84... however I'm wondering how I can get some more damage from the tree? Is there any reason not to go for the two celestial nodes? for the ele damage + pen? Also what about holy fire? There's very limited damage nodes nearby and those are about all I can find.

I might just try to turn this into a crit tree similar to my ele hit deadeye, but keep a lot of the tankiness.
"
Alkyline wrote:
Thoughts on changing slower projectiles with damage on full life? It gives 5k more dmg and you don't really care about projectile speed since with Chin Sol you want to be point blank anyways? Also would make easier getting a 3G 2R 1B Chin Sol?

All your gems are too low level at the moment to see how significant the difference is. But regardless, DMG on full life gives 39% more on lvl 10 vs 24% from slow proj on level 10, it gives like ~20k more dps in PoB on your character vs shaper/guardian atm. Also put a murderous abyssal jewel in gloves for intimidate, it is a more multiplier.
Chin sol is easy to color with Vorici (take a look at vorici calculator, just 1R should be enough).
Last edited by chaoval on Sep 19, 2018, 7:25:39 PM
"
Okay so the build is plenty tanky, 7k hp and I'm only 84... however I'm wondering how I can get some more damage from the tree? Is there any reason not to go for the two celestial nodes? for the ele damage + pen? Also what about holy fire? There's very limited damage nodes nearby and those are about all I can find.

I might just try to turn this into a crit tree similar to my ele hit deadeye, but keep a lot of the tankiness.

Celestial nodes are very good for some of the last points of the build, I wouldn't grab holy fire though.
Hey

i like this build so far :) but i feel like this build isnt great for delving when ti comes to farm sideareas in darkness :/ i took bloodrage out for the degen and put phase run in but yeah didnt help that much :(
any tips?
Wow lots of comments. I'll respond to some of them below. For in-general gear advice I do recommend using the In-Depth gear section. There is more to this guide than the quick reference! I do appreciate the community of people helping each other with gear advice and tips.

"
Do you think The Taming ring would be a good choice besides Opal Ring?
It's a great ring but doesn't offer life which is important for our build. As far as offense goes this ring is very hard to beat!

"
where the life leech comes from? all im seeing is bloodrage linked with cwdt
how about mana leech, am i missing something in skill tree/gear/gems??

edit: bloodmagic+vitality void? until then we can use something like thief's torment i guess
There is tons of life leach on the tree. There are a couple mana leech nodes you can grab near the pathing of our tree.

"
Which amulet is better? Yoke or Xoph's? Already got the Yoke, don't want to break bank if Xoph's isn't at least somewhat better. I'm doing RT Slayer/PF with Pyre.
The response to Yoke and Xophs is in the Questions and Answers Section

"
How good is Ringwalds quiver for map clearing with this build?
I haven't tried this, but I assume it's a really good quiver for clearing!

"
Would it make sense to go jugg for deeper delves? I was told stun\chill is a problem there.
I use Kaom's Roots to deal with this.

Jugg is being considered if I drop Resolute Technique and go EO.

"
how solve the int problem? i dont see any special in your tree only on Yoke
Int on your gear. OR Int on the tree.

"
hey, great guide. i was wondering where you picking up all your resists? im having trouble capping mine.
Just gear. Belt/Ring/Helm/Amulet/Quiver/Jewels

"
hey just wanted to say thx for the guide. I just started it and am using a mf setup until i hit 92, then i want to go deep delving/bossing. Cleared t1-15 maps with mf gear without any problems, haven't tried t16 but i guess with easy map rolls it should be no problem too. cant wait to try the build without mf gear :D

also i am playing without blood magic atm cause i want to use grace so i can get some evasion for queen of the forest. need to use mana potion but thats fine, still insane clear speed/dmg. for delves i switch gmp into chin sol and use it. prefer the more dmg in delves cause projectile speed doesnt really matter there. for single target i switch in slower proj.
Love this comment! I really like it when people take a guide and adapt it to how they play the game and what they are trying to accomplish. Glad you're enjoying it!

"
I'm still gettin' one-shotted from some hard bosses like T14+++

I don't want to try guardians untill i 6L my Chin Sol but... Damage it's nice, but survability not so much, atleast for me, I don't get why I'm getting one shotted with more than 7k life and capped res.
You still need to "play the game" in terms of dodging huge 1-shot mechanics.

"
Hello thi3n,
Thanks for this build guide is really helpfull,having some troubles with resist cap but i think if i invest some more currency i can deal with it.
Just wanted to ask if it's necessery to pick up Point blank Keystone since i got a Drillneck Point Blank corrupted for my Chin Sol setup and a non corrupted for mapping alogside my Quillrain.Is it worth selling and the corrupted one for some currency and picking up the Keystone though?.
Point Blank from a Quiver and Point Blank from the Keystone is the same thing as far as I'm concerned. I don't have "financial" advice on what will work for your situation.

"
I don't get which tree is the real tree, the one from the PoB or the one from the leveling tree section?
The trees should match now.

"
Is there any corrupted guardian videos with nasty mods?

I'm not sure how to fight guardians when I can't facetank, like my dmg is pretty good up close with chinsol and point blank, but can't tank hits for that long unless I can just one shot every boss. When I have to kite the damage I do looks like a joke compared to being up close.
You still need to "play the game" in terms of dodging huge 1-shot mechanics.

"
i have some issues with damage on full life support.

im constantly missing like 8 hp at bosses therefore the gem doesnt exist theoretically, anyone has some input about all this?
It's just a display bug. Try taking out the damage on full life gem and look at your tooltip.

"
Hey

i like this build so far :) but i feel like this build isnt great for delving when ti comes to farm sideareas in darkness :/ i took bloodrage out for the degen and put phase run in but yeah didnt help that much :(
any tips?
Taking out Blood Rage for Phase Run is really smart. I don't do a lot of side area farming with this build but I like that swap!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info