Probably just the nostalgia speaking but hearing older POE music gives me sad pangs.

logged into act 3 Sarn just now and it made me think of the old days when POE was so much slower, when each exile you made felt like an Exile struggling to survive and not an unstoppable demigod, when i sat there thinking "how am i gonna cap resists on this char." "how am i gonna take my 2000 Life guy against Piety and survive" "I wonder if I can build a Frenzy/Split Arrow Ranger"

when you could go weeks of grinding without seeing a single Unique drop so that when one did you felt like you dropped some precious piece of the world

when Maelstrom of Chaos was exciting because it dropped so many Rares you could hardly cart them all away... and it was the ONLY Map that could do that (at least for plebs like me)

when Kole was scary, when Coward's Trial was scary

those days will never come again, not even if they tried
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
Once upon a time building a character felt like solving a puzzle. now it feels like choosing the colours of your fireworks
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I too miss the days of tactical gameplay.

Last Epoch seems promising. The lead dev specifically promised he will personally not allow it to become a game of explode_screen-movement_skill-explode_screen-movement_skill-explode_screen-movement_skill-rinse-repeat.

He was circumspect enough not to point specifically to any existing game, but the reference was pretty obvious.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jul 10, 2018, 12:05:18 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I don't really get nostalgic for that. I get excited to see how other games might build on PoE's foundations.

Someone in these forums, I can't remember who, recently pointed out that PoE was no longer a game about fighting monsters. You don't fight monsters; you merely slay them.

Not much of a foundation to build upon.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jul 11, 2018, 7:00:37 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You're confusing the renovations for the foundation.

Easy to do I suppose, when a game is as bloated as PoE is.

Quite true, but that is what the game is now.

Do you really think a new ARPG will be able to build upon what PoE used to be, and not what it is now?

New and good ARPGs are more likely learning what not to do as a result of what Path of Exile is.

Not something I'd personally be proud of (and indeed am not, as one of PoE's original supporters), but that is the reality they delivered to us.
Wash your hands, Exile!
game has been slow and unrewarding cause there were only 2, then 3 acts.
they simply couldn't spoil people.

that's that but i must say i also enjoyed the difficulty cause it kept me playing.

the most funny moment when it came to difficult gameplay has been when i got kicked off a party cause i used the flameblast mtx and people were paranoid of that flameblast exile, magnus who also used it.

the most revolutionary thing ggg did to the arpg genre is to force people to ignore most of the loot if they want to have a chance to win the game. cause i really can't...
dp
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 17, 2018, 11:38:42 PM
wrong thread
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 17, 2018, 11:39:16 PM
Funny how the only reference to 'older PoE music' is in the title.

I thought this was going to be about the fantastic original main menu / character select music. I didn't play much in those days but even I'm nostalgic about that song.

I think I'm gonna go find it again. Thanks!
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info