[3.4] Bow Fire Elemental Hit Juggernaut | Endgame | HC Viable

"
TwoEyedYoom wrote:
Looks nice and somewhat simple, even affordable.

One question: what is the point of CtF gem? I must be missing something here.
"it gives us an OP Cold-Fire gem"
I mean, it's a good gem, but in THAT build you can't do cold damage at all, and you don't have any base cold damage, so you convert nothing, and you get no bonus fire damage from cold base.
How does CtF work here?

Because Ele-Hit still counts the base cold & lightning damage. Both get added to the fire damage hence the conversion.

You can check for yourself, once you have the tree and gear setup. Compare the DPS with and without it, should be a good 50% difference.
"
vvamic wrote:
"
TwoEyedYoom wrote:
Looks nice and somewhat simple, even affordable.

One question: what is the point of CtF gem? I must be missing something here.
"it gives us an OP Cold-Fire gem"
I mean, it's a good gem, but in THAT build you can't do cold damage at all, and you don't have any base cold damage, so you convert nothing, and you get no bonus fire damage from cold base.
How does CtF work here?

Because Ele-Hit still counts the base cold & lightning damage. Both get added to the fire damage hence the conversion.

You can check for yourself, once you have the tree and gear setup. Compare the DPS with and without it, should be a good 50% difference.

Now that's strange! Logic tells me it shouldn't work like that. I mean, inserting two threshold jewels should eliminate cold and lightning damage from possible rolls completely.
O_O
Gonna check it soon.

EDIT: Oh, now i see.
i just never thought this rework could give so much potential abuse. AoF and CtF basically give damage from nothing!
Last edited by TwoEyedYoom on Jul 11, 2018, 9:34:12 AM
Uploaded a video to showcase build performance in a T16 map. Not a good one but should be enough to get the basic idea.

https://youtu.be/8ACwwSJyD6s
Last edited by vvamic on Jul 14, 2018, 1:35:23 PM
Added a Shaper kill video

https://youtu.be/LuslowL4o8Q
Nice build, got to maps in no time and only died once due to distraction. Now I'm just collecting gear. Thanks for the write-up.
"
Abelos wrote:
Nice build, got to maps in no time and only died once due to distraction. Now I'm just collecting gear. Thanks for the write-up.

Glad you are enjoying it.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. But I tried a ghetto tonight after respecing from the vd/bodysawp poet's pen jugg to this build...and the results weren't pretty. Granted, I did tinker with the skill tree a bit and grabbed a couple more jewel sockets instead of the nodes near the duelist start area, so I could add more abyss jewels for more damage. I haven't added any jewels to those sockets, or to the bubonic trial I am using.

Maybe that's why my damage was bad...? I tried a t8 map and it was smooth. Hell, even the boss died easily with the xoph's bow I was using. But when I tried the t13 ghetto, I died 5 times... Even with my 5l chin Sol, my damage couldn't melt Argus.

Oh, and I am not using a frostferno. Instead I am using 5l xoph's for clearing and 5l chin Sol for bossing.

I'm not giving up on this building until I finish it and add some abyss Jewels to it. I just hope that it will perform as good as I have seen it to be.
"
RIPSL664 wrote:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. But I tried a ghetto tonight after respecing from the vd/bodysawp poet's pen jugg to this build...and the results weren't pretty. Granted, I did tinker with the skill tree a bit and grabbed a couple more jewel sockets instead of the nodes near the duelist start area, so I could add more abyss jewels for more damage. I haven't added any jewels to those sockets, or to the bubonic trial I am using.

Maybe that's why my damage was bad...? I tried a t8 map and it was smooth. Hell, even the boss died easily with the xoph's bow I was using. But when I tried the t13 ghetto, I died 5 times... Even with my 5l chin Sol, my damage couldn't melt Argus.

Oh, and I am not using a frostferno. Instead I am using 5l xoph's for clearing and 5l chin Sol for bossing.

I'm not giving up on this building until I finish it and add some abyss Jewels to it. I just hope that it will perform as good as I have seen it to be.

Checked your gear and setup, here is my feedback:

1. Get a better quiver, the only thing your quiver is giving you is additional pierce. A decent non crit quiver should have
i) Pierce/Additional Arrow
ii) Any flat add to ele damage.
iii) Projectile Speed / Attack Speed
iv) Increased Ele Damage with Attack Skills
v) Life/Stats or anything else you require.

2. My build already has lower APS, so don't skip any APS nodes on tree that i have taken, also try to get some on gear if possible.

3. You are also missing most important craftable mod on gear i.e Increased Ele Damage with Attack Skills. Try to stack it by crafting on gear if they don't have it already. Easy examples are on quivers, bows, belts.

4. Level up your gems. Quality the ones that give more damage or attack speed.

5. A ele penetration Anger Watcher's eye if you have currency would also give good boost to damage but it's really not necessary.

Finally you have to understand that a 5-link bow will always give lower damage than a Frostferno unless you are using a really good rare bow.

Hope that helps.
Does lioneyes fall work in that spot? My PoB doesn't show it working
"
bordillo wrote:
Does lioneyes fall work in that spot? My PoB doesn't show it working

It most definitely does work. You can check on my POB
https://pastebin.com/wc72v4vE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info