[3.3]ILZRMN's Vaal Rain Of Arrows - [7.5mil VAAL roa dps]

-UPDATED NEW DPS AND ITEMS- 7/9/2018

This build is one of my very first ones and a lot of cred goes to pasta for giving me the hyrris/3-5 cd dmg for wep inspiration.

If we're playing with marylenes we would appreciate a +2% crit elder chest and gloves with crit to attacks to maximize our dps

MORE FOOTAGE AND VIDEOS WILL BE UP IN A MOMENT

Contact me @JOHN_MADE_ME_DO_IT ingame for any information you need

Stacking dex with hyrris+ 3-5 CD on bow works really well and having a Soul Ripper.
I decided to swap out hyrris when dropping astramentis for marylenes amulet.
This build can be very expensive but also really cheap, playing with a wise oak instead of Soul Ripper.

This is without Power charges/Vaal haste/bloodrage T11 corrupted map

Incursion

Soul ripper:

Wise Oak:

PROS.

+ Not using barrage for boss killing
+ Really fun to put 3x Vaal on bosses with soul ripper
+ Using the same ability for clearing and boss killing with GOOD speed
+ Can be cheap

CONS.

- Movement is sometimes meh
- Expensive when it comes to late game
- Elemental reflect is a bitch

Acsendancy:
Spoiler
Fast and deadly
Gathering Winds
Rupture

For the last 2 points you either go for the small projectile points or you go for Far shot, but then you remove Point Blank from your talent tree,

Path of building

Leveling
Spoiler
I found it very easy to level with rain of arrows, even with only having a 4 link.
You can put in a barrage for now if you lack dps on boss fights.
Doomfletch is a nice choice as a leveling bow

Current Items 3.3

Items
Spoiler

Helm choices:

I like to play with starkonja on harder mapmods and using devotos for map clearing. The extra movementspeed is really great. Iam using 40% rain of arrows dmg when mapping and 15% chance for extra sequence when bossing.

You can also use a high res+life if you feel you have the crit needed.

Gloves Choices:

Maligaro is a huge dps boost but the shapers touch gives alot of max life and a small energy shield boost. Shapers touch gives me around 460 hp total.

Necklaces:

THIS ^ nothing else really competes when we're stacking dex.

Bow:

You dont really need any other mods but the 20% chance to deal double damage/ 3-5 cold dmg per 10 dex. Getting more crit multiplier and elemental dmg on a bow with the 20% chance to double dmg and 3-5 Cold wep would inc our dps ALOT though, but that is rather hard to get, currency way.

Example:

Gearing:

Spoiler
I would go for a Doomfletch Prism until I can afford a 3-5 Cold dmg wep.
Try get a 6 link Vaal rain of arrows as well as maligaros/starkonja.
Go with flat elemental quiver until you've gotten the 3-5 cold dmg wep so you can replace your quiver with this:

Gem Setup:

Spoiler
Im currently playing with watchers eye which gives me alot of cold dmg+ cold pen with hatred so its nothing I would play with if I didnt have the unique.

With watchers eye:

6L:[Vaal RoA]-[Ice Bite Sup]-[Crit dmg/Area sup]-[Added cold dmg]-[Elem.Dmg sup]-[Mirage Archer]
6/5L:Culling-frenzy-pwrc on crit-Faster attacks-Inc crit strikes-projectile weaknes
4L: [Purity of elements] - [Hatred] - [Enlighten lvl 4] - [Summon ice golem]
4L: [Herald of Ice] - [Faster attacks support] - [Blink Arrow] - [Enlighten lvl 3]
4L: [Immortal call] - [cwdt] - [Vaal Haste] - [Blood rage]

Without watchers eye:

6L:[Vaal RoA]-[Ice Bite Sup]-[Crit dmg/Area sup]-[Added cold dmg]-[Elem.Dmg sup]-[Mirage Archer]
6/5L: [Culling]-[frenzy]-[pwrc on crit]-[Faster attacks]-[Inc crit strikes]-[projectile weaknes]
4L: [Purity of elements] - [Herald of Ice] -[Enlighten lvl 3] - [Summon ice golem]
4L: [Blood Rage] - [Faster attacks support] -[Blink Arrow] - [Enlighten lvl 3]
4L: [Immortal call] - [cwdt] - [Vaal Haste] -[Inc duration sup]

I swap out crit dmg/area sup for conc doing bosses

Bandits/Pantheons:
Spoiler
Brine King
Shakari

Alira, no doubt the best for the build,

Last edited by supspoonz on Jul 9, 2018, 10:20:47 AM
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2018, 4:24:28 PM
Can I kill Uber elder with it? Thanks for the guide
Last edited by duongstream1312 on Jul 6, 2018, 7:42:41 PM
Yes, it should be really easy, tho I havnt been able to try yet. The dps is rather insane and its to take path of building with a grain of salt due to the 20% chance to double damage and the 15% chance to cast another sequence with rain of arrows.
The dps is rather lackluster as I pasted it into PoB and saw unrealistic terms of dps....

You hardly have 2 million dps at bosses

Please learn how to use PoB
I have 3.6 mil vaal shaper dps with 1.5 mil dps with RoA. Explain this https://gyazo.com/e7ad832406768d2361909b364915a5d8 , rembember as you prolly didnt read as u'r here trolling, 20% chance to deal double dmg and 15% chance to get another sequence of rain of arrows, pob dosnt pick this up so you'll have to take the piece of paper with a grain of salt.
I already feel saltyness though so I recommend YOU dont ;>

remember these numbers are with Life head+Shapers gloves. Get proj/maliagors gloves with devotos and you're good on about 4.5m+

Last edited by supspoonz on Jul 8, 2018, 6:36:25 AM
Last edited by supspoonz on Jul 7, 2018, 11:01:13 PM
Just wanted to say really having fun with this build, have not done a bow build in years, this was a bit slow to begin with and i little difficult without having the drops but i have have made it work so far, i will never be able to afford a watchers eye that is required ever ( not rich enough ), but even with what i have at the moment gear wise i am literally melting mobs and for bosses just popping VRAO, pushing on as not high enough to use some of the required gear yet. gear so so below.

IGN: The_Nutcase
Last edited by ToxicXfi on Jul 8, 2018, 3:07:20 AM
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Just wanted to say really having fun with this build, have not done a bow build in years, this was a bit slow to begin with and i little difficult without having the drops but i have have made it work so far, i will never be able to afford a watchers eye that is required ever ( not rich enough ), but even with what i have at the moment gear wise i am literally melting mobs and for bosses just popping VRAO, pushing on as not high enough to use some of the required gear yet. gear so so below.

Fun to hear! One thing I can recommend as you dont have a watchers is to use purity of elements so you can get abit cheaper gear all round. Its all up to you though how you would like to play it!

"
supspoonz wrote:
I have 3.6 mil vaal shaper dps with 1.5 mil dps with RoA. Explain this https://gyazo.com/e7ad832406768d2361909b364915a5d8 , rembember as you prolly didnt read as u'r here trolling, 20% chance to deal double dmg and 15% chance to get another sequence of rain of arrows, pob dosnt pick this up so you'll have to take the piece of paper with a grain of salt.

remember these numbers are with Life head+Shapers gloves. Get proj/maliagors gloves with devotos and you're good on about 4.5m+

You have ticked shaper is shocked in that, that is never going to happen, even if you do it wont be at the max shock value which PoB assumes.
"
darkduty wrote:
"
supspoonz wrote:

You have ticked shaper is shocked in that, that is never going to happen, even if you do it wont be at the max shock value which PoB assumes.

Path of building is not 100% accurate, what is important is whether this build works or not for you.
For your info, Mathil has already try using a similar build using doomfletch to down uber elder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW-zTshe1RE

Last edited by cyrussaw on Jul 9, 2018, 8:30:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info