[3.11] Kay's Spectre Summoner | League Start | Endgame | Levelling Guide | Crafting Guide | HC | SSF

Ok )

Thanks for the answer !
Was something very interesting in the patch notes:

"Updated the Cannibal's torch-throwing behaviour. It also looks cooler now.". If that is an AI buff I assume the clear speed and QoL of this build went up quite a lot? At least it will be cooler :)

Also Phase Run need (80->50). Will need to play a bit more careful now I guess. Do you think this requires a different layer of defense?
"
NeoLearner wrote:
Was something very interesting in the patch notes:

"Updated the Cannibal's torch-throwing behaviour. It also looks cooler now.". If that is an AI buff I assume the clear speed and QoL of this build went up quite a lot? At least it will be cooler :)

Also Phase Run need (80->50). Will need to play a bit more careful now I guess. Do you think this requires a different layer of defense?

The Cannibal torch throw is for the basic monster (you can find this one in act 1). The one I recommend for this build doesn't throw its torch, but uses it like a flame thrower.

I think the change to phase run shouldn't affect the build too much in general play because the spectres should kill everything before they have a real chance to hit you. The change really affects delve and being able to avoid the one-shot monsters.

For clear speed, a combination of 2 SGs and 2 FEs felt really good in delve league.

--

I did find this in the patch notes though:

"
Fixed a bug which prevented Cannibal Fire-Eater spectres from doing anything but auto-attacking large bosses.

This is a welcome fix, as FEs were stuck on auto-attack against Belfry, Sunken City and Lava Lake bosses.
Kay's Spectre Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181275
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming
Last edited by kayella on Dec 5, 2018, 10:14:57 AM
Hi

What do you think about the new Bitterbind Point spectre shield, could it be useful for the build ?

(PoB does not have it yet)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Why no GMP? Does it make the fire cone too wide, does it not work somehow, or is it just not better then controlled destruction/elemental focus?

"
DjParagon wrote:
Hi

What do you think about the new Bitterbind Point spectre shield, could it be useful for the build ?

(PoB does not have it yet)

Bitterbind has a really nice buff (much better than frenzy charges), but it only procs Arcane Surge on your crit. I think a summoner in general has such low crit chance that it would be rare to get the arcane surge buff.

Victario + Aegis gives 100% uptime on frenzy charges because the spectres have 25 casts per second with an aoe.

"
eaglewiz wrote:
Why no GMP? Does it make the fire cone too wide, does it not work somehow, or is it just not better then controlled destruction/elemental focus?

I prefer to run with a high DPS loadout, so I made the build for 5B and 1G, usually swapping between Faster Projectiles, GMP and Slower Projectiles for the 'utility'; all the green gems are for damage.

While running maps, I'll use GMP and swap in Slower Proj or Faster Proj for bosses.

Kay's Spectre Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181275
"
kayella wrote:

Bitterbind has a really nice buff (much better than frenzy charges), but it only procs Arcane Surge on your crit. I think a summoner in general has such low crit chance that it would be rare to get the arcane surge buff.

Victario + Aegis gives 100% uptime on frenzy charges because the spectres have 25 casts per second with an aoe.

Thanks for the gem clarification.
There is a solution to the Bitterbind problem, although I don't know if it would make the shield worth it - it procs Arcane Surge on your gain of Arcane Surge, so if you give either the mobility or curse delivery spell the Arcane Surge support at a low-medium level, it should allow fairly consistent arcane surge uptime
"
eaglewiz wrote:
Thanks for the gem clarification.
There is a solution to the Bitterbind problem, although I don't know if it would make the shield worth it - it procs Arcane Surge on your gain of Arcane Surge, so if you give either the mobility or curse delivery spell the Arcane Surge support at a low-medium level, it should allow fairly consistent arcane surge uptime

I managed to get the shield, so I did a little checking; turns out that Bitterbind only gives level 1 arcane surge. So you're looking at 10% more dmg + 10% increase cast speed. Whereas Victario + Aegis gives 12% more dmg + 45% increased cast + 15% movement (from 3 frenzy charges).
Anger aura worth it with fire-eaters?
"
SoulCrxsh wrote:
Anger aura worth it with fire-eaters?

Definitely not.

Anger Aura also gives you fire damage to spells. A big part of spectre DPS comes from 'elemental equilibrium' on the passive tree:
"
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements

So we want to only use cold or lightning damage on spells to put the -50% fire res debuff on our target.

---

PASSIVE TREE & POB PASTEBIN

Path of Building Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/ByTnGEq0

Passive Tree

Level 100

Ascendancy
1. Mindless Aggression
2. Unnatural Strength
3. Mistress of Sacrifice
4. Commander of Darkness

Pantheon
Soul of Lunaris / Arakaali
Soul of Shakari

EQUIPMENT

Note: There are some required equipment for this build.

Armour
Spoiler

Helmet:
Devouring Diadem (required item)
Sockets: 2-link: 1 red, 1 blue. Unlinked: 1 blue, 1 green.

Devouring Diadem has reduced mana reserve to run 2 auras + skitters. It also has feast of flesh which consumes corpses to recover life and ES. 400life/400 ES per corpse. This is why spell cascade is in the trigger wand.

Chest:
Crafted delve body armour with +1 spectre number
Sockets: 6-link: 6 blue.

Delve chest with high life. Hunter's orb to get the offering mod. Bench craft is 10% life as ES.

Gloves:
Crafted gloves
Sockets: 4-link: 3 blue, 1 green

Boots:
Fossil-crafted boots with +1 spectre gem level
Sockets: 4-link: 3 blue, 1 red

Weapons
Spoiler

This build uses two sets of wand & shield.
Weapon set 1 is for all mapping. It sockets Bone Offering and uses a life and ES recovery shield. This is the same from the W&S Life (league starter) build.
Weapon set 2 is for boss killing. It sockets Flesh Offering and uses Victario's Charity to generate frenzy charges. This will double the spectre's DPS at the cost of survivability. Use this if you know boss mechanics well.

Wand & Shield (weapon set 1)
Wand:
Crafted Convoking wand or Temple wand with Trigger craft
Sockets: 3-link: 2 blue, 1 green

Shield:
Crafted Shaper shield with 5%/5% life & ES recovery on block
Sockets: unlinked: 2 blue, 1 red

Wand & Shield (weapon set 2)
Wand:
Crafted Convoking wand or Temple wand with Trigger craft
Sockets: 3-link: 2 blue, 1 green

Shield:
Victario's Charity
Sockets: unlinked: 2 blue, 1 red

Accessories
Spoiler

Belt:
Stygian Vise

Amulet:
Citrine amulet with +1 to all intelligence gems with Death Attunement anointment (required item)

Rings:
2x Vermillion rings with 15% life quality

*15% quality will increase the implicit from 7% to 8%

Jewels & Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels:
Unique Jewels:
Thread of Hope with medium ring
Anatomical Knowledge with 8% increased maximum life
Unending Hunger
Watcher's Eyes with Phasing/Haste gives permanent phasing
2x Ghastly Eyes

Thread of Hope will let you take Cruel Preparation and Ravenous Horde without travel passives!

Recommended Flasks:
Blood of the Karui - fast life recovery + instant life recovery
Bubbling Divine Flask of Staunching - instant life flask & remove bleed
Chemist's Quicksilver of Adrenaline - 70% increased movement speed
Experimenters's Quartz Flask of Heat - 10% Dodge & remove freeze
Rumi's Concoction - 20%/10% block & 3000 armour

IMPORTANT CRAFT

The single most important craft for this build is 'Gain 10% maximum life as extra maximum energy shield'. This will add 500-700 base ES, depending on your total life.

GEM LINKS

Body Armour - Spectres
Spoiler

Note: This gem set up is for Slave Drivers. See minion section for other gem configurations.

Boots - Support minions
Spoiler

Note: See support minions section for other gem configurations.

Helmet - Auras
Spoiler

2-link aura:

Unlinked:

Note: Haste must not be linked to Generosity as this build uses the Watcher's Eye and Haste aura to give permanent phasing.

Gloves - EE & Curse, Phase Run
Spoiler

Note: Phase Run is used for a quick speed boost. It can be replaced.

Wand & Shield - Weapon Set 1 (Survivability)
Spoiler

Wand:

Note: Spell Cascade is used to create 10 corpses - 5 for Bone Offering and 5 for Feast of Flesh (from helmet).

Shield:

Note: Decoy Totem will pull agro from all monsters except Endgame bosses.

Wand & Shield - Weapon Set 2 (DPS)
Spoiler

Wand:

Note: Spell Cascade is used to create 10 corpses - 5 for Flesh Offering and 5 for Feast of Flesh (from helmet).

Shield:

Note: Holy Flame Totem has a rapid hit rate and work with Victario's Charity to general frenzy charges quickly.

RECOMMENDED ANOINTMENT

Death Attunement

+1 to Maximum number of Spectres
Minions have 8% increased Attack Speed
Minions have 8% increased Cast Speed
+1 to Maximum number of Raised Zombies
+1 to Maximum number of Skeletons

SUPPORT MINION - ANIMATE GUARDIAN

This combination of equipment and gems will give your AG about 58,000 life and 19% life regen.

If you want more DPS, swap Raise Zombie and Meat Shield for Feeding Frenzy and Elemental Army

Last edited by kayella on Jan 28, 2020, 10:18:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info