Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Hi kayella, in your new gem setup in the guide, is there a skill used to point spectres to attack? It used to be a brand, but now it's gone. Are you supposed to point with the totem placement? No pointing at all?

Also, not sure but did you remove the socketed rings?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
@Kay:
Summon Carrion Golem
The Carrion Golem is a well-rounded attacker, using a rapid melee attack, a leap slam to get into the thick of combat, and a powerful cooldown-restricted multi-cascade slam. As its passive Golem buff, it grants added physical damage to all non-golem minions, including their attacks and spells. It has a unique feature among golems, gaining more damage for each of your non-golem minions around it, up to 80% more damage.

Do you think now Dread Banner is imba for spectre :D?????
"
lazerdollarzz wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this build this league after taking several other builds through the endgame. This is basically a reprisal/dump of thoughts. I took it through 4 deathless Uber Elders with varying currency investments: trigger wand; PoH + Vis; PoH + rare 2 curse chest; PoH + rare 2 curse chest + Aul's + diadem enchant + multimod blind gloves + cool timeless jewel.

If I were to play this build again, I don't think I'd invest nearly as much currency, especially the Aul's. The unfortunate reality with spectres is that their scaling from gear feels extremely limited. I really didn't feel much of a difference in damage and survivability between PoH + Vis + a bad 2 curse corrupted amulet and my "finished" version of the build, at least with respect to bossing, despite the finished version costing roughly 50 exalts more than my first PoH Uber Elder. That being said, my upgrades were relatively granular, so maybe if I were to put on all the finished build's gear at once I'd be able to tell more of a difference.

Regardless, Vis Mortis looks way cooler, so obviously it's the better choice.

Most of the time I felt that the PoH aoe more than made up for running Conc Effect in maps. I found that to be better than the risk of leaving Inc AoE in by accident on some bosses. The Temp Chains setup was pretty nice for the legion fights, but I generally ran Enfeeble as my second curse.

I experimented with running a Kiloava Lethal Pride jewel and hitting attack/spell block cap, and found that the damage intake was very smooth, but the skill tree changes made it feel less worthwhile. I then ran an Avarius Militant Faith with +1% minion cast speed and +1% aura effect per devotion, which was better DPS than the Lethal Pride but spikier damage intake. I replaced the Anatomical Knowledge jewel for those and allocated Pain Attunement for the keystone. I wouldn't say that either of these is really worthwhile unless you can get them for very cheap, since you lose a decent amount of life from losing the Anatomical Knowledge.

Thanks for a great build and good luck in 3.8.

It's very different with my situations. After about 50ex investment from my 1st PoH + Vis Mortis build to my current build (Aul, watcher's eye, helmet enchant, rare body armour, brutal restrain timeless jewel ...), what i got are:
- From 5k Life to 6k Life
- 2k ES to 3k2 ES
- 800k dps (with zealotry) per spectre to 1m2 dps (without zealotry) (according to PoB and kayella rework)
- Haste, temporal immunity, aspect of spider, 50% increased minions life...

However, i couldn't feel any different in dps between 2 versions (maybe because i haven't try Uber Elder)

Most of my investment is for defensive, such as: using Brutal Restrain instead of Militant Faith for about 40 dex, +8% life and 20% minions damage, helmet enchant for steelskin (~800 more effective life) ... And i feel happy with these changes.

Thank kayella again for this great build. I'll definitely use this for 3.8 league starter.
"
lazerdollarzz wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this build this league after taking several other builds through the endgame. This is basically a reprisal/dump of thoughts. I took it through 4 deathless Uber Elders with varying currency investments: trigger wand; PoH + Vis; PoH + rare 2 curse chest; PoH + rare 2 curse chest + Aul's + diadem enchant + multimod blind gloves + cool timeless jewel.
insights

If I were to play this build again, I don't think I'd invest nearly as much currency, especially the Aul's. The unfortunate reality with spectres is that their scaling from gear feels extremely limited. I really didn't feel much of a difference in damage and survivability between PoH + Vis + a bad 2 curse corrupted amulet and my "finished" version of the build, at least with respect to bossing, despite the finished version costing roughly 50 exalts more than my first PoH Uber Elder. That being said, my upgrades were relatively granular, so maybe if I were to put on all the finished build's gear at once I'd be able to tell more of a difference.

Regardless, Vis Mortis looks way cooler, so obviously it's the better choice.

Most of the time I felt that the PoH aoe more than made up for running Conc Effect in maps. I found that to be better than the risk of leaving Inc AoE in by accident on some bosses. The Temp Chains setup was pretty nice for the legion fights, but I generally ran Enfeeble as my second curse.

I experimented with running a Kiloava Lethal Pride jewel and hitting attack/spell block cap, and found that the damage intake was very smooth, but the skill tree changes made it feel less worthwhile. I then ran an Avarius Militant Faith with +1% minion cast speed and +1% aura effect per devotion, which was better DPS than the Lethal Pride but spikier damage intake. I replaced the Anatomical Knowledge jewel for those and allocated Pain Attunement for the keystone. I wouldn't say that either of these is really worthwhile unless you can get them for very cheap, since you lose a decent amount of life from losing the Anatomical Knowledge.

Thanks for a great build and good luck in 3.8.

Thanks for the insights and the experimentation.

I think the Temp Chains (and perma phasing) is something you really notice if you go deep delve and into one-shot territory - the ability to drop monster action speed to below half and to just run through them is very powerful. For normal mapping, the effect isn't nearly as pronounced because there's less danger.

Aul's amulet with Haste (or another aura) is definitely an ultra luxury item. It really isn't worth buying because Shaper's presences has the same end effect if you use Temp Chains.

Vis Mortis was more of an issue early in the development of the updated SD build because of their low base HP being reduced by 20%. Eventually, I changed the passive tree to take care of that so that Vis + SD was no longer a liability. The benefit of that was a much cheaper body armour option!

Overall, I think the PoH build is actually fairly affordable for what it can offer. And, as with Summoners in general, there is steep diminishing returns with further investment.

I'm cautiously awaiting the patch notes and balance changes. Hopefully the changes to Necro don't require a massive build re-write or any nerfs to spectres. But, as with 3.7, the first 2 weeks will probably be busy as feedback pours in and I update the guide day-by-day.

"
40700569 wrote:
It's very different with my situations. After about 50ex investment from my 1st PoH + Vis Mortis build to my current build (Aul, watcher's eye, helmet enchant, rare body armour, brutal restrain timeless jewel ...), what i got are:
- From 5k Life to 6k Life
- 2k ES to 3k2 ES
- 800k dps (with zealotry) per spectre to 1m2 dps (without zealotry) (according to PoB and kayella rework)
- Haste, temporal immunity, aspect of spider, 50% increased minions life...

However, i couldn't feel any different in dps between 2 versions (maybe because i haven't try Uber Elder)

Most of my investment is for defensive, such as: using Brutal Restrain instead of Militant Faith for about 40 dex, +8% life and 20% minions damage, helmet enchant for steelskin (~800 more effective life) ... And i feel happy with these changes.

Thank kayella again for this great build. I'll definitely use this for 3.8 league starter.

Exactly the same feeling here. You can reach an acceptable DPS level fairly easy, then you spend your currency on improving survivability. This is why I don't put a DPS number in the build description. There is enough DPS to faceroll most content.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Aug 22, 2019, 6:04:50 AM
"
Jadran wrote:
Hi kayella, in your new gem setup in the guide, is there a skill used to point spectres to attack? It used to be a brand, but now it's gone. Are you supposed to point with the totem placement? No pointing at all?

It's the Holy Flame Totem. Whatever the totems hit, the spectres will hit. It's actually better than the brand. For example, in delve, you can stand near the edge of an encounter and drop a totem on top of you. It will then attack monsters at range (so your spectres attack) and give you a 6% heal! Keeps you nice and safe.

Yes, I simplied the build. Originally it had zealotry, wrath and vaal haste. Haste wasn't actually being turned on so I felt it was a waste of a slot, and people were confused as they tried to enable 3x 50% auras. It's also much harder to get unset rings with good stats compared to other rings.
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Aug 22, 2019, 5:53:25 AM
"
Elle_Wyvern wrote:
Hi, sry the noob question. Why Blade Vortex? I can't understand the purpose. Thank you.

In short, BV allows you to apply EE without stopping to cast.

How it works:

1. Trigger craft on wand
2. Blade Vortex
3. Added fire damage to spells
4. Elemental Equilibrium passive
"
zenrom wrote:
@Kay:
Summon Carrion Golem
The Carrion Golem is a well-rounded attacker, using a rapid melee attack, a leap slam to get into the thick of combat, and a powerful cooldown-restricted multi-cascade slam. As its passive Golem buff, it grants added physical damage to all non-golem minions, including their attacks and spells. It has a unique feature among golems, gaining more damage for each of your non-golem minions around it, up to 80% more damage.

Do you think now Dread Banner is imba for spectre :D?????

Definitely interested in the Carrion Golem. The amount of physical buff will be interesting, but I'm not sure if it will be high enough to make a major impact on our already excellent spectres. It feels like it will be more beneficial for skeletons and zombies.

However if its damage scales well, it might even be possible to use it in a build variant. This really depends on whether it scales its cooldowns and damage with Primodial jewels. There is an older version of this build that has 13 jewel sockets which came from my experimentation with fire golems. With 10 primordial harmonies, the fire golems would just spam their fireballs with no cooldown. So could 10 primodial harmonies result in multi-cascade spam? That would be fun. Then, combine that with some Enhanced Vaal spectres for boss deletion.
Last edited by kayella on Aug 22, 2019, 6:06:35 AM
"
kayella wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:

It's the Holy Flame Totem. Whatever the totems hit, the spectres will hit. It's actually better than the brand. For example, in delve, you can stand near the edge of an encounter and drop a totem on top of you. It will then attack monsters at range (so your spectres attack) and give you a 6% heal! Keeps you nice and safe.

Got it. Interesting, I can't wait to try the totem. A totem + summoner build, two of my favorite mechanics combined :)
But the brand also applied an offensive curse and Blind, so we are now trading some defense (Blind) and some offense (Conductivity) for a lot more defense (Temp Chains and 6% life heal) - is this correct?

I haven't reached deep delves or uber elder so my understanding of the very endgame threats is limited...
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
so we are now trading some defense (Blind) and some offense (Conductivity) for a lot more defense (Temp Chains and 6% life heal) - is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. I feel that 1mil shaper DPS is a good standard to reach, and the basic build currently reaches almost 1mil shaper DPS (986k) with Temp Chains/Blasphemy. The totem is incredibly useful: applies EE, large aoe, 6% heal, curse immunity. I've even included it in the updated levelling guide because it is so powerful.

You can see the numbers in the updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/rrA3tKdG

--

There is an upgrade path that I haven't added to the guide yet. If you can get Shaper's Presence, then Temp Chains/Blasphemy is free. That gives 35% mana to reserve, which can go towards a Bestiary aura or Flesh and Stone for even more defenses.
Last edited by kayella on Aug 22, 2019, 7:07:48 AM
thank for the build, i just testing it and it's awesome, can clear up to T16 with 4 link POH, of course feel slower than 6 link but its ok to start league and feel much smoother than solar, i got a little trouble with phoenix but fine now just avoid his big bomb, uber elder is easy, i hope they not nerf slave next league, he is best spectre i've ever played till now, sr for bad english and ty again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info