[3.3] Ignite Arc Elementalist

(original image is from the game Life is Strange: Before the Storm)

Hello, this is a mini-guide for my Incursion character.

It is a Witcherina Elementalista, using Arc to set swarms of enemies on fire.

This here build uses Stormfire ring to ignite with lightning damage, at the same moment applying Elemental Equilibrium.

Beacon of Ruin ascendancy node is extremely powerful, letting us shock and chill even the most porcine bosses and leave lovely elemental patches on the ground, adding AoE to Arc and incinerating those who are brainless enough to walk over them.

We use three golems to solve our loneliness & confidence issues.

PRO
- beautiful landscape, dyed rainbow with proliferation patches
- reflect is not a big deal
- works pretty much on a budget, as soon as you get Stormfire ring (might be expensive only at league start)
- not a "1-link 6-player party one shot Uber Elder" build

CON
- little leech, but that is common for ignite builds
- feels somewhat slow on arc cast, sometimes interrupted by an "Ahoy, matey!"-ing monster

Build

Tree

Current Tree (Level 94)

Ascendancy
- Beacon of Ruin
- Elemancer

Bandits
We do not help ridiculous bums.

Pantheon
Major:
Lunaris - general mapping.
Solaris - lonely bosses who strike you powerfully, I prefer this for Uber Elder fight.

These are not strict choices, use one you feel more comfortable with.

Minor:
Yugul - elemental reflect maps.
Gruthkul - general mapping.
Ryslatha - more life charges are useful in long fights.

Gear

Current

Gems

(Vaal) Arc - Deadly Ailments - Unbound Ailments - Swift Affliction - Combustion - Burning Damage

Now here Vaal Arc is not at all necessary to have. Thing is, it covers much wider area, and is largely satisfying to pour out on dense and angry monster crowds. Also it deals almost double damage due to larger base and higher number of chains, and thus is very desirable for sumo boss fights.

21st level adds +1 chain, which means more multiplier. We want that.

20% quality is literally quality of life, adds +10% to shock chance. Not crucial.

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike
Desirable to put this into Insanity-crafted gloves.
Culling strike should have 20% quality for that extra 10% bonus to attack speed.

Herald of Thunder - Flame Dash - Portal - Mana Leech
Feel free to customize, I did this to help sustain mana on no-regen maps.

Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Lightning Golem - Summon Flame Golem - Summon Ice Golem
Our elemental dawgs, all supermaxed. They get boosted by Elementalist ascendancy and provide us speed, damage, ailment immunities and Balboa services.
Can change shifts with Stone/Chaos Golems.

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enfeeble/Temporal Chains
Usual multi-hit physical burst protection. Any curse is viable, I choose Enfeeble for survival.

Orb of Storms - Blind/Mana Leech/Culling Strike - Increased Critical Strikes/Combustion
Adjust according to your taste. I choose Blind (boss defense) plus ICC (stable Elemental Overload).
Combustion should only be used with Razors as weapons, for increased healing.

About Scorching Ray totem
Debuff is miserable, we already have -69% fire resist from EE and Combustion gem. Not worth it.

Enchantments

Helmet
Arc Chains an additional time
Vast damage increase. The best, but the most expensive.

Arc has +30% chance to Shock
Given our average ~50% chance to shock, this proves useful for ignite damage consistency between separate applications.

40% increased Arc Damage
Plain damage increase.

Boots
Adds 1 to 160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently
The best one.

16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
Faster mapping.

0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
More sustain for maps.

8% chance to Dodge Spell Hits if you've taken Spell Damage Recently
A little more safety.

Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
Just works.

Discussion

Weapons
While Razors provide some healing (~100 per ignite application, i.e. per lightning hit) and formidable amount of burning damage, they might feel slow to whirl around without Insanity-crafted gloves. Can be switched for a dagger/scepter with good APS, lightning/fire/burning damage and added lightning damage to spells. Cast rate would be a QoL bonus.

Do not get spell damage (does not help burns) or added fire damage to spells (will ruin Elemental Equilibrium).

Helmet
An alternative to rare cap is Mind of the Council, which helps you sustain mana.
What might appear troublesome is the price and availability of one with an Arc enchant.

Chest
I consider Loreweave an all-around best body armour for this build.

Amulet
If you get dexterity somewhere else, a Xoph's Heart nets you a 20% multiplier from "Covered in Ashes" debuff. Don't use upgraded version, Avatar of Fire will kill your damage.

There is a possibility to use Zerphi's Heart for amulet, Geofri's Sanctuary for chest, and Atziri's Promise flask to get additional damage. I tried it only in PoB, result might be worth it.

Jewels
One jewel with % chance to Hinder enemies on hit with spells, slowing enemies is cool.

Get any amount of cold damage to spells anywhere, to apply Chill ailment.

Regular:
- increased fire damage
- increased burning damage
- increased damage
- life

Abyss:
- added lightning damage to spells (plain and while dual wielding)
- life

Generally, good rolled abyss ones give more damage.

Add any stats you lack.

Leveling
You can level with Fireball or Flameblast until you get Stormfire. Apply Elemental Equilibrium through Orb of Storms.

Notes

Map Mods
All mods are doable, two of them worth mentioning.

Monsters have 90% chance to avoid ailments
Should reroll such maps, they are doable but it is tedious.

Reflect
Just be careful and do not cast vaal arc on big packs.
Select Yugul for minor power.
For extra safety use Sybil's Lament ring.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Aug 17, 2018, 7:02:45 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2019, 8:02:44 AM
reserve
Great build. After taking a look at PoB I really am surprised that it only takes ~200k Ignite to do U-Elder. After seeing people show off their millions of DPS on their U-Elder builds I really thought that that's what it would take to get him down.
I tried to do a path of building with the tree and do the stuff my self, but i cant reach the same ignite dps you have, the best i can do is 76.000 ignite dps, i dont understand :/.

EDIT : I understand my mistake, i tried with an emberwake, that's reduce the ignite dps from 121k to 76k. A question : is it worth to reduce the ignite dps so we can apply a double ignite ?

In my pob case, the 76k ignite dps, is for 1 ignite, but if i apply 2, i'll do 142k ignite dps right ?
Last edited by Bouldure on Jul 19, 2018, 1:28:01 PM
"
Bouldure wrote:
I tried to do a path of building with the tree and do the stuff my self, but i cant reach the same ignite dps you have, the best i can do is 76.000 ignite dps, i dont understand :/.

EDIT : I understand my mistake, i tried with an emberwake, that's reduce the ignite dps from 121k to 76k. A question : is it worth to reduce the ignite dps so we can apply a double ignite ?

In my pob case, the 76k ignite dps, is for 1 ignite, but if i apply 2, i'll do 142k ignite dps right ?

Yep, you could go Emberwake for bossing, although it would suck for map clear and you'd lose out on life.
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:

Hey! ;( I feel terribly offended. ;P

When I was looking at stormfire I was desperatly searching for a way to remove shocks from enemies - in an attempt to shock/ignite them over and over again. (and stack stormfires burn)

But apparently thats not even needed! Lovely music choice in the ÜElder video! You played it superwell. And goddang that encounter is just so annoying. ^^'

Its amazing though what you did manage to get out of ignite. It deals more dot damage then Essence Drain! (Which is kinda sad for ED - I love Contagion/Essence Drain) And you were able to take full advantage of the fact that you only need to cast every once in a while (with autotarget even) to apply the dot and then scoot around.

Way cool! :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jul 28, 2018, 7:59:37 PM
Any idea why when i equip my second razor of the seventh sun, my ignite DPS go down from 47650.8 to 17277.6 ?!
is it just a problem on PoE ?

EDIT : Okay i didn't check the option "ignore skill hit damage?" within the configuration tab. I also had a jewel with fire damage added to spell, and that was dividing my damge by almost 4 thanks to Elemental Equilibrium. I just let that here in case someone would have been struggling with the same problem i had.

PS : Great build so far ! Having a lot of fun, destroying T12 maps with only a 5L is a pleasure. Boss take a differont approach and a bit of time but it's fun so far.
Last edited by Anuwiel on Aug 10, 2018, 4:21:08 PM
How is this build in 3.4 Delve?
I am pretty sure increases to lightning damage also increase the ignite dmg now when using stormfire. Can you confirm this as well?
IGN = @Head_Hunter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info