3.3.1 Patch Notes

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Sternsaphir wrote:

So. You are not alone. You are just not supporting the correct voices or You have been a way too silent so far. That's all.

And I believe that the game will get well only when the Standard is back to the leading point of the game, and the game will get in the right track only when nerf is not anymore prefered weapon for "new ideas"

Hello Sonic,

I believe I belong to the second part of people who remained too long silent. As I am an old-aged naive casual single player who liked to play standard and SSF. So SSF was for me a great delight and sobering at the same time along with all the other changes you and Smear described so good. I wrote, too, something in the past Flashback Event before ending of Bestiary. But your writings seem too have more Accuracy ;)

Another reason why I stayed silent is, because when you start to complain or argue something with good arguments, reason and logic you always get directly flamed, mostly by some new "fraggles" or "overlords". That was not my personal experience as I am naturaly a silent guy but I read a lot in the forum, since my beginning in the game, and it detered (right word for "abschrecken"?!) me. I don't have will and time for this level of discussions, in other case I would have been louder. Even me!

I came to poe, if remember correct, before ending of full beta. Before they integrated the Act with Dominus. Since then I spend a lot of money. Because I liked the concept to support the develempment and Work of "free-to-play"-Game under free will for such a good game. I am also not able for a long time, due to private reasons, to invest again into my pc ressources and depend on DirectX9 (another issue among others, you and smearf described so good).

The interesting point for me personaly is ... I learned about D2, or Diablo generaly, after I got to POE. My very first games were other like Sacred Gold, Titan Quest among others. Comparing to them POE was for me of course far more outstanding and that's why I loved it so much. No the time ends and I will deinstall it after the next Flashback, because I don't believe anymore that GGG will declare themselves inpependent in their doings from the chinese company or the "obverlords" who have the money, because words and talk is cheap. So it's just like in real life society?! Money rules the decisions. No ftp anymore.

I said on the last Flashback I will leave but now for me the decision is fallen. My hope is gone.

I am interested and would change to Wolcen beta (if it's coming) too, but I think my ressources will not reach requierements. I don't have the time in the next years to make again investments and changes.

Sorry if I cannot be more specific in everything, as my english is not so good. I can understand better than writing it. But as far I understood your posts here, I go by far conform with them.
fear the cold of my heart ...
Last edited by Sternsaphir on Jul 30, 2018, 11:07:05 AM
Jump on it too!
Last edited by YordansRage on Aug 1, 2018, 2:57:03 AM
"
Sternsaphir wrote:

Thanks for cheering up buddy.

I am bit of never-selfish person. I dislike to have things only for myself. It's pointless.
I wanna everyone be happy, and then the gameplay is cool.
You know - when You meet happy players - you get happy as well, and this is the point of the games anyway - to get happy. The happiness is contagious.
I've pass trough most ( if not all ) of online RPG's ( at some point I've played even 4 games at the same time ) ( got quite a lot of PC's :D ), and I've seen so many rise and falling of great games.
The "nerf" way is always leading toward the game doom, because it is destroying just the small thing I've pointed above - the happiness.
The overlords with money which dictating the direction of the game is never leading the best direction, because even if they succeed to make the game good, it will be trough their prism of richness, which rarely will fit the whole population, and the rest will become sad, and just like the happiness - the sadness is also contagious, but with much bigger infection spread.
I am also not young ( nearly 40, and growing white hair ), but still the gaming floating trough my veins, and I am also not excluding the possibilities not anymore to fit into the nowdays visions of the youngsters, anyway so far I believe that I've kept my hearth young enough to share some wisdom I believe it's about making happy everyone, and this wisdom is:
NEVER USE NERFS TO MAKE A GAME MORE "INTERESTING" !
Anyway at this rate of population declination I believe that GGG will leave without options but switch their general strategy, and this should be done anytime soon, or they will miss their great chance of reverting the game back to top.
Currently there is "open place" for top game in the world of MMO's.
The new gamers currently is playing FPS games, because they requires not much thinking, but this is changing each 4-5 years FPS-to-RTS-to-RPG-to-FPS..and so on and on, and since on the horizon there is not meaningful RTS which is coming next year or two - there will be directly switched to RPG.
Anyway on the market at the moment there is only a turned-to-junk-RPG's since their bad management and stupid strategy (adding guns to an RPG is always equal it's direct doom end ), and the new ones which just popup to existence - disregarding their supper-dupper Unreal4 engine graphics -they are lack either of good gameplay or just plain stupid same-old-sh*t ideas - So. The position for top MMORPG/RPG is still open, and players is ready to jump on the hype train next year.
Anyway this will absolutely not happen if the PoE is infected with sadness around the players.

This is my 2 cents.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Sternsaphir wrote:

i will not talk about my grey hair ;) But still I can't stop playing games. I never will, even if would have to go back to my old ones.

If you like single playing doesnt mean you are selfish. There can be be different reasons or preferences why. But you go the point ... playing games - to get happy.

But how there can be happiness if Developers making the game making unplayable for the players of the first hours. Like kicking the people in the ass who made them great.

I played also other great games online single and multi. Roleplay and strategy. It is always the same if the cash bell rings. But for poe it hurts very bad for me ... I will miss my Shadow :(

I will not recount everything again relating to poe. You can do it better than me. Especially relating the "nerf" solutions for everything. But for me personaly it makes no sense anymore to play with an complex passive skill tree if have to invest everything I have in health points for not being killed everytime I meet a boss or I have to invest again and again into my pc ressources. I will not repeat myself!

The temperatures are very high these days where I live and I do not have enough endurance charges ;) to answer again on this thread or to sit for a long time in front of my pc. But I enjoyed our exchange and hope GGG will read, understand and react. Then I will perhaps install and play again. And support of course. But only if Europe doesnt turn into desert landscape or greater desaster as it feels to happen these days.

PS: relating to happiness ... if there are good things, they are also to tell. Don't know if it is relating to the recent client update, but I notice slight perfomance improvements. Even with Divx9.

relating to current Incursion Flashback Event ... > oh my goth!!

But don't lean back, GGG. There is still work to do.

bye, i have to kill now ...

T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info