PvP Systems

Hi all. I was just wondering what sort of PvP systems will be in place (or are planned to be) in Path Of Exile.

Will there be arena-based instances with score counts and objectives and that sort of thing, or will it just be something like:

Player X walks up to Player Y
Player Y thinks Player X is ugly, and hits him with his club
Player X dies :(

Also will there be a reward for player killing? Such as winning some of their items (or just an item in general, not taken from the player) or maybe a statistical bonus such as a buff.

I know it's a bit early to be asking these kinds of questions as PvP isn't even integrated into the Closed Beta yet, but I'd just like to grasp a general idea of what it will be like. I am a very competitive player.

Thanks.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2167

You've been following this game since November, and you don't know the answer to your own question.

Good troll bro.
The only reward I need is to know that they no longer exist in Hardcore and all the time spent up til then is now irrelevant.
"
Melting wrote:
The only reward I need is to know that they no longer exist in Hardcore and all the time spent up til then is now irrelevant.

Yea, haha, I guess putting someone out of existence is rewarding enough :D Although I would like some spoils of war.

Also, to the morons who are being critical of me for no apparent reason, perhaps contributing to the thread will do you more good?
Last edited by D_Homes on Aug 13, 2011, 12:09:39 AM
"
D_Homes wrote:
"
Melting wrote:

Yea, haha, I guess putting someone out of existence is rewarding enough :D Although I would like some spoils of war.

Also, to the morons who are being critical of me for no apparent reason, perhaps contributing to the thread will do you more good?

But it's too hard!!
"
nakieon wrote:

You've been following this game since November, and you don't know the answer to your own question.

Good troll bro.

I'm already aware of some of the details.. such as the ones found here

I think it's best for you to just avoid posting at all, as people like you seem to be quite a potent poison towards the community.
"
D_Homes wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:

Good troll bro.

I'm already aware of some of the details.. such as the ones found here

I think it's best for you to just avoid posting at all, as people like you seem to be quite a potent poison towards the community.

Opinions. I have them too.
I liked D2's open pvp system where you could join a game and hunt someone down if they were dumb enough to stay.

That said, some organized, dedicated pvp would be awesome. D2 wasn't much about pvp so balance was non-existent. It'd be nice to see how that works.

Also, I used to LLD and MLD quite a bit in D2 (low level duel, mid level duel). This leads me to wonder if there will be a system implemented to support pvp at many brackets or just top tier/level?

Plus, it's always fun to take a break from the grind and pvp or specifically design a character for low level player combat, just as a change of pace.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info