Frequent crashes related to ntdll.dll

My game crashes frequently, like 5-10 times a day now.
I checked the windows event log and it gives an error:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b29ce0e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x6529f37c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a74c4
Faulting process id: 0x2214
Faulting application start time: 0x01d40fc3804f7e2e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b1e93f1d-08f9-4d9b-90f4-ae8f6331cf6f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It seems like POE is interacting with ntdll.dll in some way and in my system it causes a crash. What can I do to solve this problem? Reinstalling POE doesn't work and running "sfc /scannow" revealed no corrupt files. I have drastically lowered all the graphics settings to see if that makes a difference, but it did not.

I'm out of options. Please help!
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2018, 2:24:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Do you have some other programs open (e.g. a browser)?
A few weeks ago, I've had similar crashes when opening Firefox while POE in the background. First Firefox crashes and sometimes also POE (mostly with ntdll.dll - this is a Windows system DLL).

I don't know what caused this, but now it is no more crashing.

It could be some browser extensions or you have malware installed. And are your windows and drivers up-to-date?
I think I almost always have a browser with youtube open, but its chrome and not firefox. Also, poe.trade is almost always open as well as forum posts on the builds that I'm trying to follow.
Do you really think that could be it? I will update my chrome version and see if that works.
I doubt it has anything to do with the browser, i have it open when i'm playing and it dosen't cause crashing (kinda the opposite actually, without it being open it's about 50/50 if the game crashes when i tab out).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/cwindowssystem32ntdlldll-d936e9b1-551f-11e1-9179/f4283421-f191-49bd-8df7-eb3a89b75967

Try the steps in here, it's the same faulting ddl, just a different program running when it happens
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Did you try turning off multi threading and/or a different direct x version?
Just started getting these errors after most recent patch, never had issues with the same PC and changed nothing prior to this issue. Is there something that could affect this in the patch?
I’ve seen some suggestions on removing the item filter to fix this (in fact, there are many errors related to fonts and GGG did include some changes to their own filter).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info