Coffee.

"
erdelyii wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
This thread makes me sad. I had to give up coffee over 20 years ago because caffeine triggered my asthma. I occasionally drink decaf but it is just not the same. If I could choose, I'd give up alcohol instead of coffee. Alcohol being my second favorite substance to consume. It took me over 10 years to finally stop craving a cup of coffee each and every morning. Now this thread is making me crave a cup. I'll have to go fix myself a decaf.

But caffeine is a bronchiodilator. Was it the milk you added?

Not the milk, caffeine is the problem. Caffeine will trigger it no matter what it is in. Thank goodness chocolate doesn't have enough in it to cause problems as long as I don't eat too much. There are some other factors that can trigger my asthma like sulphites but, caffeine is much worse for me. Although being triggered by sulphites, I believe, is much more common in the general population than problems caused by caffeine.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
This thread makes me sad. I had to give up coffee over 20 years ago because caffeine triggered my asthma. I occasionally drink decaf but it is just not the same. If I could choose, I'd give up alcohol instead of coffee. Alcohol being my second favorite substance to consume. It took me over 10 years to finally stop craving a cup of coffee each and every morning. Now this thread is making me crave a cup. I'll have to go fix myself a decaf.

Yerba mate yerba mate ;)
If i have and i want i drink - if i dont its not a problem at all.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Not the milk, caffeine is the problem. Caffeine will trigger it no matter what it is in. Thank goodness chocolate doesn't have enough in it to cause problems as long as I don't eat too much. There are some other factors that can trigger my asthma like sulphites but, caffeine is much worse for me. Although being triggered by sulphites, I believe, is much more common in the general population than problems caused by caffeine.

That's interesting, given that it's not supposed to work that way. Have you tried yerba mate? I haven't, but maybe it would be good?

"
erdelyii wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

That's interesting, given that it's not supposed to work that way. Have you tried yerba mate? I haven't, but maybe it would be good?

No I haven't tried Yerba Mate. I just looked it up and it has caffeine. So I can't drink it.

I have a less common type asthma.

"
Nonallergic asthma
Nonallergic asthma, also known as intrinsic or nonatopic asthma, makes up between 10 and 33% of cases. There is negative skin test to common inhalant allergens and normal serum concentrations of IgE. Often it starts later in life, and women are more commonly affected than men. Usual treatments may not work as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asthma

There are a few other triggers for me but Caffeine is the really bad one.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Yeah but in yerba mate due to around elements it is metabilised in a different way. Try it, just test it, low dosage be carefull but give it a try. If it wont wokrk well then Youll know for sure.
"
de99ial wrote:
Yeah but in yerba mate due to around elements it is metabilised in a different way. Try it, just test it, low dosage be carefull but give it a try. If it wont wokrk well then Youll know for sure.

I really wanted to like yerba but it was just too much of a hassle. Keeping the temperature just right, having the right magical utensils to drink it and on top of that it gave me diarrhea in higher doses (around 0.7L). The taste was mediocre at best and I tried about 30 different types and to be hones I never felt any buzz from it.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Thete is many myths about yerba. Temperature? You just put finger into water if You feel pain then water is to hot. Bombilla is just a straw and You can use any cup You like, also many ppl use this instead of traditional ways:

Its just example.

Taste is the thing that You need to be around with it and can be harsh if You like sweet drinks. But yerba helps to clean Your tatse buds and then You can chacnge Your food habits - it worked this way for me, i lost like 20kg without any effort.

But everything is a matter of "wanting" i guess. If You want Youll find a way, if not - Youll find a dozen excuses.
I really wanted to like it but gave up after a few months. I have a very strict no sugar diet since forever so this is not an issue, like I said - I found no benefits, occasional diarrhea and meh taste, that's all.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Last edited by JohnGrammaticus on Jul 16, 2018, 1:44:03 PM
Jack in the Box makes a really good iced coffee.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info