[3.3] best RF Jugg build you can find out there i promise!

hey guys

on reddit i noticed that a lot of people seem to have problems getting their rf juggs going this league. especially having trouble on end game content and especially in incursions. i checked on some guids here and i was a little shocked how poorly some players have adapted to the changes and not thought about easy ways to max out their builds. im here now and will open your eyes and lead you to a better rf jugg experience!

lets kick if off!

leveling

well theres not much to say about this part. youre a marauder and therefor a melee is probably one of the best choices. skills like sunder are easy to level with. i leveled with sunder until around lvl 40. u can switch earlier especially considering the kaoms way rings have lvl 32 requirement. 43 is actually nice since u can use ambu's charge which is a really nice lvling chest. also at lvl 40 u can use the upgraded version of springleaf > the oak.

in the enxt section ill talk about my gear and possible gear options for this build. probably most important part.

gear and how to

alright. ill link my gear here so you can get a look at stuff u can very safely do uber elder with.

for flasks i use

for flasks u want anti curse, anti bleed, anti shock. shock is really important as that u can screw u over quite easily.

anyway, my gear is kind of maxed out. besides the fact i need a useful enchant on my helmet i probably have one of the better rf juggs on the server. ill go into detail of every gear piece now.

weapon
you idealy want a shaped sceptres. goal is it to get the "supported by ele focus" roll. so u can have a 5link setup for scroching. why do u need that? well you have very limited mana and need to have blood magic linked with ur scorching ray to safely use it anytime. otherwise u wud run out of mana which sucks obviously. u want to use a ilvl 80 shaped sceptre because at 80 u can roll the highest ele focus roll. ull alt regal the item until u hit the mod and then most likely annul off the bad stats in the perfect world that is. this operation can be very expensive so u might stick to ur ele focus roll (its really rare) and just add supported by lvl 1 blood magic which u can get from vagan. ask a friend or get crafting service from the board to do that. if u want to know what mods to use just check out my sceptre. btw, i chose my base (with the not perfect implicit) because at the time it was by far the cheapest. sceptre with 40% implicit wud be 5-6 times more expensive and i dont see the reason to overpay for 14% dmg. also the nice thing abvout my scpetre is the atk speed.

helmet
this one is kind of interesting as well. you basically want an elder helmet here. it rolls specific mods that you want to extend ur rf link setup. it can roll supported by burn damage and supported by conc effect. so by just chaos spamming the helmet u can get a 6link like that. at the start i was using a helmet with just burn damage so i wudnt be forced to use conc effect. burn damage and some other decent stats like life and res is a great start to maps. at some point ur goal is it to either get both mods conc effect and burn or if u got some currency on ur hands try to use some horror essences on it. horror on helmets give 30% more ele multiplier to socketed gems which is insane for rf. my current helmet is kind of perfect. before i was using one that had burn damage and the essence craft and 3 other watsed stats like armour, stun recovery etc + crafted life. thats basically really good already. burn damage and 30% ele dmg are both suffixes. so lets assume to get wealthy at some point and u got a helmet with those two suffixes and idealy another great suffix which could be a resistance or maybe strength u can go and meta craft it to try to hit hybrid life, flat life or even conc effect. i meta crafted my helmet and got really lucky to hit hybrid life and conc. but this will most likely not happen. so i commend getting a helmet with burn dmg and 30% ele dmg roll from the horror essence. i did uber elder with the much weaker helmet before btw.

shield
saffels frame is the go to obivously. u want to have a rise though for some bosses like phoenix guardian or some elder guardians. this league some new corruptions came out and i find the reduced crit dmg taken one the best. theres another nice one that says recued area dmg taken which is pretty good to. overall u for sure want a corruption on ur shield as thats really useful no matter what.

chest
kaoms heart thats it

boots
u want high move speed boots with a lot of life and resist. thats basically it. most important thing here is the 2% of life and mana regen when dmg taken enchant. get that its really really good.

belt
u want to use an elder belt. probably a leather belt but those can be expensive. so i started it off using a heavy belt for a long time. u basically just need the life recovery mod on it. itemlevel shud be 75 minimum so get the chance of getting up to 20% incr life recovery rate and u can roll some nice prefixes like %max life and suffixes like incr all attr too. the elder base is just really good for this build and theres basically nothing better.

rings
double kaoms way, nothign else

amulet
ive seen players using xophs heart. can be good but i dont think u need it. especially considering its really expensive right now. just get an marble amulet. i was using screaing essence of anger on it which guarantee a fire damage suffix roll. but at the start u can just alt regal an amulet for life and resist. keep in mind ull use purity of ice which will need 100 dex. ur char will end up at 54 by itself. so u need 46 dex and gear pieces to make up to it. boots is
great slot but also on this amulet shooting for dex is very reasonable. why its unlikely to solve it on gloves will be explained after this :). so having dex on either boots and amulet is kind of essential.

gloves
well here we are. probably the part all the other guides fail to think ahead. new corruptions got introduced this league and they are awesome! most popular are probably chest and u can see all the great +2 gems stuff happening there besides the poof effect. i was wondering what gloves can roll and when i checked i immediately came to the conclusion that u want corrupted gloves as rf jugg. whats the best way to minx max the build? clearly more max res and damage. well damage u cant really get on gloves besides max life but what u can get is the +2 aoe/aura gems corruption. that one is really insane. so what u do is u grab urself some life and trires gloves and bring em to the corruption altar. and then you pray to idealy get +2 gems and ele weakness on it. that wud be the best outcome by far. the 2nd best outcome probably is despair and +2 gems which i got luckily.not myself but still someone did it :D. the thing is if u got ele weakness u can go dual curse in tree and ur shield charge and orb of storms setup will both apply ele weakness which is insane. on top u got the witchfire brew for dual cursing. that wud be a huge dmg boost. nonetheless depsair is really great already. on my uber elder fights i dont use a witchfire brew as u dont really refill flasks much during the fight. i rather use a second forbidden taste. the good thing here it once i place my orb of storms they r cursed with despair which let me deal more dmg to them. so thats super great. also the +2 gems allow u to get +1 max res to fire and cold. u have to use 21 purities. at lvl 23 purities give another +1 max res. so 21 + 2 = 23 tada +1 max res. im currently at 86/85/80 which is crazy. this is basically llrf standards which the rf jugg wa slacking. it cudnt reach the insanely hich res that llrf cud get. but this league we got a little closer. so watch out for gloves that have +2 gems and idealy a curse as well. even other curses can be great!

skill tree

click here :)

honestly not much to say. if u got questions when to go where ask them. it basically doesnt matter all that much. jut get the required life regen for ur build and holy fire for dmg and youre good to go!

alright we got that done. theres some other stuff to talk about so ill just put all that in the final section.

gem setups
here we are almost done. honestly theres not much to figure out about the perfect gem setup. u just have to know which gems u wanna use. as were very limited due to kaoms heart we gotte be choose wisely which gems to get.

weapon
obviously the scorching ray setup. burn dmg, scorhcing ray, efficacy.

shield
orb of storms and incr crit strikes for a higher chance to proc ur elemental overload. also it will proc ee for -25% fire res on enemies. the third slot is blood rage. it lets u degen but since we got so much life we wont feel it all. blood rage is super good. it gives atk speed for shield charge and frenzy chanrges on kill which helps a lot with clear speed. play one map with it and ull never put it out again.

helmet
obviously the rf setup

boots
here u want to put the shield charge setup. faster attack and fortify. also enduring cry will be played in here.

gloves
the aura slots. idealy enlighten 4 with fire, cold and vitality. i played with enlighten 3 for a while and i countered it with just speccing into two of the mana reserved nodes before the sovereignty node. its 3 nodes wasted but u dont have screw ur gem setup over which i highly dislike to do. so rather give up on some life until u got urself a lvl 4 enlighten

im not the best player and im not even a very good player or anything like that. my mechanics are really shitty. i screw up mouse movements and fail to click the right keys on keyboard all the time but with that build even i can do uber elder. i got a video for you as well. it was my second run and it was still really bad but i just want to give u an idea of it can look like when ure an average player on hc or even sc, it doesnt matter. u can do uber elder deathless and quite safely.

Uber Elder Video here

i just did my 5th uber elder yesterday and it was the cleanest of all by far. my baal placement was great and the overall fight was very smooth. ill upload another video if i get the chance too. just so u can compare fights. ull get better at it from fight to fight.

at this point i probably forgot to mention some things. if ure not sure what to do or what to use or u didnt understand my broken english or basically whatever it is feel free to ask here and ill get back to u and do my best to make u understand it. thats it from me. peace
Last edited by LarsSultanHengzt on Jun 26, 2018, 9:31:14 AM
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2018, 5:50:46 AM
You forgot to mention that you have 40ex+ worth helmet :)

Every RF build with that helmet is "heaven".
So no different than the RF Jugg thread already on the forums, and every RF Jugg ever made. Cool.
"
memberx wrote:
You forgot to mention that you have 40ex+ worth helmet :)

Every RF build with that helmet is "heaven".

thats not true. the helmet just gives me like 14% more damage which doesnt enable anything. i stated in my post already that i were doing uber elder on my previous one that was kind of casual horror craft. so the helmet doesnt change all that much. just gives quality of life. :)
"
chaelp wrote:
So no different than the RF Jugg thread already on the forums, and every RF Jugg ever made. Cool.

thank you.

you're kind of wrong though. my guide is different to the other ones out here. no other guide mentions using corrupted gloves to get that extra 1% max which is so huge for the build. i was also talking to other players before and they had no clue that this was even a thing. disregarding that is just a huge mistake. also other guides are using some weird gem setups that i cant support at all. i dont wanna go into detail too much as i dont want to offend other players showing their build since that would be kind of toxic but u can see the difference by just comparing. :)
"
"
chaelp wrote:

thank you.

you're kind of wrong though. my guide is different to the other ones out here. no other guide mentions using corrupted gloves to get that extra 1% max which is so huge for the build. i was also talking to other players before and they had no clue that this was even a thing. disregarding that is just a huge mistake. also other guides are using some weird gem setups that i cant support at all. i dont wanna go into detail too much as i dont want to offend other players showing their build since that would be kind of toxic but u can see the difference by just comparing. :)

Not really being toxic pointing out that your build with a corrupt on the gloves to give +2 to gems doesnt make the build any different. Looking at your passive tree and gem links, they are link for link and point for point the same as every single RF players on the leaderboard, and in the RF thread about 3 down from you right now. This is more of a Gear Showcase for you to show off your helm and gloves.
"
chaelp wrote:
"
"
chaelp wrote:

thank you.

Not really being toxic pointing out that your build with a corrupt on the gloves to give +2 to gems doesnt make the build any different. Looking at your passive tree and gem links, they are link for link and point for point the same as every single RF players on the leaderboard, and in the RF thread about 3 down from you right now. This is more of a Gear Showcase for you to show off your helm and gloves.

you just clicked gear and that was it right? as if i didnt write or explain anything eh?

i actually sat down and wrote the guy because of this reddit thread: click

i dont know why u feel the need to hate on someone sharing his thoughts with others. if i just wanted to show off gear i wud have found the right part of the forum trust me. if u have anything valuable to add feel free to do so. otherwise please stay from this thread. thanks
Hi mate,
judging from your name i think youre from germany so feel free to answer my question per private message in german :)

iam actually quite a noob in POE, never got higher than t7/t8 maps but still love to play the game.

Playing RF Jugg this League and, while at work, iam reading all stuff about the RF Topic in this forum.
I Really liked your short guide. The biggest thing iam struggling with is to find the first 1 or 2 things to invest my currency in to give me the best progress in gearing. Since everything is quite expensive (belt/rings/helm/chest) i would love to know on what to focus for now.
If you have the time you could take a look at my Jugg and help me with that.
Looking forward to your answer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info