[3.4 HC] Orion's 3 Totem Ele-Hit (includes non-conversion variation for 3.4)

Having played many hc Hiero totem builds into their 90s, and this one to 95, I'm pretty sure you would be correct if it were sc (where your lvl 100 char is) but dead wrong in hc (where this build was designed and where it is meant for). The totem leech from chieftain with Slayer overleech is a huge defensive benefit in the late game, particularly if you want to farm elder. I'm not aware of a way to get both those things as a hiero.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 30, 2018, 10:49:02 PM
"
Ceveth wrote:
As someone who did this same build to 100; it's just strictly better as Hiero.

Any chance you can share a pob or something? Looking to do this build on SC.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
As a hc player i cant see how hierophant is better. Enjoying the build, early days pushing 80. Cheers mate.
I am having a lot of fun with this so far. I'm wondering if you had a wishlist of items for this build, it's a super cheap build so far and I was hoping you had some end-game list ready.

Thanks!

Edit: I see you're rerolling with piscators and the awesome totem shield, do you think it's better than the bow/quiver set? I like the idea of using a wand/shield.
Last edited by SassyBeard on Jul 14, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
Hi, I don't know if I am missing something but, how are you getting 3 totems?
1 from Ancestral Bond
1 from Skirmish
Where is the other coming from?
You get one base totem ;>

-O
Re: Wand & Shield

This is still in experimental stages, but the preliminary results are promising. That said, this is the -very- expensive version of the build as it includes the red nightmare jewel, which goes in the neighborhood of 11-13 ex, a corrupted piscators with ele pen that will go for 2 ex+ depending on rolls, and a spellblock converting shaper amulet (with ele pen) that will go for 2-10ex depending on the other rolls. I am also using the gladiator ascendancy instead of the slayer ascendancy for the spell block conversion. With rumis and tempest shield procced I should get close to 78/78 block/spellblock at full build. I may post more on it as I level up.

-O

Were does mobility come from? Id imagine your clear speed is slower based on no shield charge ect?
Re: mobility

In the original version of the build, 17% movespeed on the tree plus 3 frenzy charge based phase run between packs and blink arrow gives a faster clear than you might think. The variation I am currently playing (wand+shield) uses a 4-socket lightning warp set up for mobility. It is a bit slower than the original, but not terribly so.

-O
In second life on standard, I can offer a successful (though somewhat ugly) Uber Elder fight. Although I need much more practice, the variant of the build I have been playing with is quite capable of handling the content.
https://youtu.be/Vg7874Vboas

Key differences from original concept: Red nightmare in the third scion area jewel slot, with the two might of the meek we already use, creates highly efficient block nodes totaling 20% in this area. Combined with Tukohama's shield, a shaper amulet creating 36+% block to spell block conversion, a CWDT tempest shield, and some minor adjustments to the tree, we get 58/50 block spell block without rumis, and 78/76 block spell block with a decent one up. We also keep a life pool of>8k. Southbound allows us to take advantage of the red nightmare on kill effect to keep up 3 endurance charges while mapping. I can't overstate how tanky this combination makes us. Only Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, or a T16 map with excessive damage mods pose a challenge, and all of these can be done with adequate practice.

Ascendancies: Chieftain/Gladiator (for block-spell block conversion)

Gear:
Spoiler

Plus jewels, including red nightmare in third scion area slot.

Tree:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info