PvP Changes and Timeline

"
Aodui wrote:
"
relithh wrote:
Question tho, are you guys still pvping in the current metagame? ( 3.4 )

What is great is that most people name their characters after their builds and I can tell at the start how it is going to go most of the time.

The damage is currently so great that I feel forced to use life gain on block to stay alive long enough; dodge, my preferred avoidance stat, just doesn't cut it.

Haha, that is funny, the names. Well, maybe you can try going ci? i mean that what it's for, to mitigate the chaos damage.

For GC, well yeah... i kinda agree about the damage is pretty bigggg, when i got 1 shotted thru 17kes with cwdt/flamedash ( well technically many hits in a sec).

Ball Lightning traps is good atm because it kinda counters the current meta skills on league. You could always use an Aegis tank? ball light feeds you es.That is hard counter for ball lightning, well hard counter for quite alot of builds.

I mean we all enjoy playing our favorite builds and stuff. ( dodge is still good btw, just not against the current meta game and it also needs to be paired with other forms of damage mitigation like evasion block, and most of all 100% converted talismans ), but at this point in the game, i kinda feel theres no one build that can beat all. everything has a counter.

So for me i kinda stopped playing my fav build ( wander ), and just play what is most effective against the build you're fighting.

In conclusion, no move fav builds.. , or a single build that can counter everything. We just have to adapt. Also not investing in pvp, because everything gets nerfed in the end. I learnt it the hard way.

on a side note, usually just play something that counters majority of the build that league. Because when a new skill comes out, or current skill gets buffed, everyone will jump on it, no one wana play something old even if its effective.
eventually everyone will complain its overused and abusive. and it gets nerfed.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Oct 18, 2018, 4:24:09 PM
sigh double posted again due to forum lag. sorry.
Last edited by relithh on Oct 18, 2018, 4:07:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTgBMGAFupA
Old-ish Video of what is it to face CA with a life build in pvp atm.

GGG you should notice chaos dot is not manageable in HLD, it hit too hard for life build even with 75 chaos res and high life rate regen.

The first minutes of the video is an example of how frustrating for a life build facing a dot CA (or any chaos dot really) is.

You die in split seconds and the life guy had to resort to respect to CI on the 2nd attempt just because it feel like an impossible wall to face when not ci. Of course the Life guy converted CI with 600 es would not have gone far.

This video is not posted here to demonstrate skills of players but just how quick and stupid a life build die facing chaos dots.

I don t understand why there is still not a bigger damage reduction on dots, in particular now that + gem mods items are giving you level 30 CA.

In particular now that flasks are kind of disabled, there is little chance for a life char to do anything facing chaos dots.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
GGG, Another video this time about traps and magma orbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShI6nAed8YI

GGG please notice there magma abuse of chain for offscreening is not maxed out yet it easy travel almost half side arena and of course the fact player is using the traps as literal grenades with bazillions of projectiles avoiding any targeting and giving him blind easy kills.

IT would be great if Magma orb was nerfed really ,

In all its configurations( auto-cast or trap/mine) the cheer amount of projectiles you can add to this skill by the use of items like snakepit or sire of shard or the jewels make it a no brainer to use.
It also can bypass frostwall since it seems to always pierce.

With trap/mines it is even worse because there is no need to even target something/somewhere, just plant the traps and enjoy the auto kill.

This is actual gameplay of how stupid a multi projectile skill coupled with traps/mine can do in pvp.

There is 2 problem here:
- Magma orbs which is busted when abusing the +chain bypass max projectile distance coupled with free multiple source of projectiles .

-DPS of projectile skills linked in traps/mines in general considering how easy it is to get + proj nowdays (deadeye/scion- snakepite- threshold jewels-other items like sir of shards) . Non-trap skills linked in trap setup should really hit less than that.

BTW ATM in temp league the meta is Lightning Trap which is pretty much the same kind of projectile vomit inducing stupidity ( but this does not erase in any case the fact magma orb is really stupid in pvp).

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 9, 2018, 5:09:22 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTgBMGAFupA
Old-ish Video of what is it to face CA with a life build in pvp atm.

GGG you should notice chaos dot is not manageable in HLD, it hit too hard for life build even with 75 chaos res and high life rate regen.

The first minutes of the video is an example of how frustrating for a life build facing a dot CA (or any chaos dot really) is.

You die in split seconds and the life guy had to resort to respect to CI on the 2nd attempt just because it feel like an impossible wall to face when not ci. Of course the Life guy converted CI with 600 es would not have gone far.

This video is not posted here to demonstrate skills of players but just how quick and stupid a life build die facing chaos dots.

I don t understand why there is still not a bigger damage reduction on dots, in particular now that + gem mods items are giving you level 30 CA.

In particular now that flasks are kind of disabled, there is little chance for a life char to do anything facing chaos dots.

that guy seems like he had 10hp and mainly es without a shavs
Last edited by relithh on Nov 12, 2018, 1:07:04 AM
That guy had non-capped chaos res. But that video is a perfect representation how casual CA vs. casual life-based build matchup looks like.
the music on that video one shotted me from 16k life, 3 screens away. fuck me. i'm so dead. i had 84% all resistances & wise oak

even Mulla's music taste is better, he half-hearted listens to Tame Impala just to look cool to hipster chicks but when he is at home alone, listens to manowar and gently handbangs without making any noises.

Hail... hail & kill.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 13, 2018, 2:27:00 AM
"
g64 wrote:
That guy had non-capped chaos res. But that video is a perfect representation how casual CA vs. casual life-based build matchup looks like.

ho look now we have chaos pen.

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 13, 2018, 5:20:20 PM
As for current mechanics, this make no noticeable impact on PvP.
"
g64 wrote:
As for current mechanics, this make no noticeable impact on PvP.

In any cases GGG time you nerf chaos damage in pvp.
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 13, 2018, 5:28:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info