PvP Changes and Timeline

I believe PvP balance problems are obvious for most of players.
Developers are definitely aware what needs to be changed.

Not ball lightning is a problem - any AoE/high coverage skill with 150 units range and cluster trap will do the same. Even 'balanced' Tornado Shot or KB.

Any spell supported by remote mine will oneshot a sub 15k ehp character. But GC has higher radius and speed so it can't be manually dodged at all.

Any layered defense is pointless without legacy eHP and legacy eHP recovery.

if you need an example:
8k hp 75% spell block, 75% spell dodge getting instantly killed by 5 exa total build cost GC miner.

6.5k HP 75% dodge character occasionally dies to a random offscreen Elemental Hit arrow.

Currently there is no reason to build your character around a playstyle, whatever defense investments you've made, if you have less attack range — you going to lose to a random spell spamer with no chance to play/outplay/win.

And this is the main problem

PvP penalty formula has been updated but the penalty is still too low. Damage of crowd-control skills is too high.
Last edited by g64 on Oct 17, 2018, 4:29:35 PM
Developers are definitely aware what needs to be changed. ぅ 隠ゞ火ら履  怨つ

【PvP penalty formula has been updated but the penalty is still too low.】
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 17, 2018, 3:35:29 PM
vaporwave aside, what kills you with GC mines are the overlap effect of the mine & GC interaction. Also, hello we are almost at 2019, use cwdt + flame dash. Anyway, back to topic, The skills which doesnt overlap deal shitty damage that you can outflask easily.

multiple mine overlaps has nothing to do with damage formula.

dodge & block are good, but what makes big difference in damage mitigatimg is that adding different damage reduction layers on top each other which multiply their effectiveness. Wise Oak & Conversion Talismans & Arctic Armor vs Fire damage for example.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 17, 2018, 3:41:07 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jan 1, 2019, 1:03:00 PM
Just abandon this game guys, there is so much good shit to play and have fun with on the market right now that it's pure masochism to stick to this hoping the devs will fix the pvp part of the game.

Once you accept to abandon your (obviously acquired through legit ways *wink wink*) gear, you'll never look back at this piece of crap ever again.
Last edited by IceDeal on Oct 18, 2018, 3:56:47 AM
"
Aodui wrote:

but all dots seem to be screwy in this game maybe the underlying damage is too high for the cost regardless of a stacking debuff.

Naaaaaaaa don t be over dramatic will yea, when we get Physical based dots GGG asap give you total immunity to it via items.

BTW I think it would be fair to get a burning immune item, just so Bleed and poison don t feel alone being fucked.

Or better, GGG could change Ashrend to be immune to ignite and burning.
So at least life based characters can slap it on swap while having the downside to use a shit chest.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 18, 2018, 9:15:05 AM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jan 1, 2019, 1:01:45 PM
Question tho, are you guys still pvping in the current metagame? ( 3.4 )
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Oct 18, 2018, 11:54:15 AM
it s really hard because of some hardware problem, since last patch there are big lags when entering arena/someone enter arena even disconnects.

So 1 vs 1 is not an option as when my char enter the fight I am 1-2sec in lol and in sarn I can stay about 10 min until 2 guys enter the arena at same time and I crash. I have no idea wtf they did with texture download/shadow download but everything is really bad optimized now for my system.

As for the meta everything is viable now if enough currency is used but it also mean it is way harder to be competitive for casuals simply because of occultist/tanks SR-chaos degen fucking up cheap life builds who used life flasks in past to survive .

Every build need twice as more currency I feel in order to have enough damage to deal with tanks and enough defenses to deal with... degen tanks.

Yea tanks are really a pain in this game now (not including traps/mines because they are just a bad sadistic joke at this point).

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 18, 2018, 1:13:01 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jan 1, 2019, 1:02:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info