Master leveling ruining my mood :(

I just start incursion league and because im lvl 40+ now i start thinking about masters. It's like being sunday and thinking about monday and work ... it's awful.

Leveling all master again, it just kill me. It's boring, and because i start late everybody in /820 will only search for lvl 7/8 ... so i will be alone to level them and it just destroy my mood.

This is the only thing in this game that make me thinking about stoping temp league and start playing standard league only.

Im the only person having issue with master leveling ? Im the only one to feel it like a corve or a punishment ?
Last edited by Deonbekende on Jun 24, 2018, 2:40:09 AM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2018, 7:00:54 AM
ignore them and use a master craft service when you need it.
"
Deonbekende wrote:

Im the only person having issue with master leveling ? Im the only one to feel it like a corve or a punishment ?

No, many people feel the way you do.

I don't feel the way you do, however. This because I know that generally the most efficient way to do something is usually also the most boring. I have never used master rotations because I never expect to have level 7 masters when starting my character in a league - instead, I just jump in game and kill monsters. The master levels come naturally. There are so many builds now that can cruise through late yellow and early red maps with cheap 1-5c rares, I don't really see the need to to have my Masters up so early.

A lot of people ruin the game's fun for themselves. They get used to being treated to the very best of the best with little effort, and miss the journey along the way. They set themselves up to expect instant gratification, which ironically makes the gratification all the less satisfying.

I don't really know how to fix that, though. When I tell people to lower expectations, they swoop in and call me a "white knight" :> I guess you have to wear blanched armour to enjoy this game!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
only do masters that appear naturally and for the ones not related to another area only do their mission if its both in the direction you are going and one of the objectives that's doable at speed.

So Elreon no timer? No chance get lost elreon, but kill the totems/soul eater are ok.

Its not the best but its how i do them every league you do get there albeit slowly.
When i start new day i go to HO and just run daily missions untill lvl 7. After that i stop doing daily (exept Zana) and do them only on maps/areas.

Persistence and patience. If You hold a grudge it will detroy Your mood and You are the only one affected by it - so why? Just let go, do what You gotta do and stop wasting Your time and attention on pointless things.
As the others say. Unless you go for a special craft for your build don't stress it. Do them in high tier maps. I havn't done a single rota and all my masters are closing in on 8 (including zana)
That is the thing with a new league.... it's a fresh start. This includes everything.

You basically only really have to get masters to level 7 to use the remove option. Getting them to 7 is really easy and basically happens by itself.

Personally I do not mind re-leveling masters. I do mind re-doing the entire atlas though, especially since connected not-completed maps never really drop.
I hate the masters as well....
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I generally just get Haku and Eleron to 7 (for the scour craft) and Vorici to 8. I'll usually buy Gracious Master prophecies for Vorici, but I do think Vorici 8 is important. Being able to adjust sockets on corrupted items is very powerful.

The rest of the masters I don't care about.
The Masters have been boring since... well since I got level 8 on all in Standard League and that's been like forever. GGG really needs to revamp them all. Only Zana daily is run once they're level 8. I wish the level cap was raised by 100% so level 16 was the max. or maybe even higher. If the level cap was raised and the XP required was adjusted so that even while grinding a build in the 80s the Masters weren't level capped yet then at least there would be a reason to do them. And at the higher levels the challenge would be better and not just a snoozefest and why we skip all but Zana. Also GGG, all Masters need mob pack density at least the same as Zana. Running around mostly empty zones is so boring. Give us crazy high density for some fun. Fun like PoorJoy's Asylum map.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 24, 2018, 6:57:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info