[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

Any tips for leveling or is this build strictly for Epilogue content? I'm at Act 4 and the damage is just not there for Labyrinth or most bosses (end up having to kite for a comparatively long time compared to other builds).

Coming from Phys/Life builds where I was able to quickly destroy Izaro at >level33, the damage just does not seem to be there.

edit: I figured it out, a good 100% spell damage wand put me over the hump.
Last edited by pasomateo on Jul 8, 2018, 2:33:48 PM
"
MrOrbz wrote:
i cant figure out pastebin for the passive tree lol!

you just copy the link to the paste bin, then you paste that into path of building import build option
firstly, thank you for making this build guide Octavian.
ive never played a trap build before but decided to take the plunge and follow this build cuz it looks amazing.

my character is currently lvl 90 but i've yet to feel the dps numbers kick in. I know i havent balanced my resists well yet and therefore am not currently using wise oak yet and my gem lvls arent max but it feels a far cry from what its supposed to be

here's my pob if anyone can be arsed to help me out https://pastebin.com/M4FZdVqe
A few questions about the Bubonic Trail boots. They state that you get "10% increased damage for each type of abyss jewel affecting you".

1. Does this only affect jewels in those specific boot jewel slots?
2. Would using all the different type of abyss jewels each have a 10% increase as stated, I see only hypnotic eye jewels in most peoples gear.

Thank you in advance for the replies.
"
InflectionAU wrote:
A few questions about the Bubonic Trail boots. They state that you get "10% increased damage for each type of abyss jewel affecting you".

1. Does this only affect jewels in those specific boot jewel slots?
2. Would using all the different type of abyss jewels each have a 10% increase as stated, I see only hypnotic eye jewels in most peoples gear.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

i tried using 4 different jewels to get the 40% increased damage but you actually lose a lot of damage, hypnotic jewels that give flat elemental damage are waaay better than 30% increased damage (which is very different from MORE damage).
Try experimenting on pob
Awesome build. Tried and failed some how. Would anybody tell me what I've got messed up? https://pastebin.com/1m2cV3Vq

Edit:
Some extra info. My issue is that I'm sitting at 51k dps when the guide is in the 104k range in POB. I think I've grabbed all the damage skills, jewels, and gear. But something is missing for it to be that far off.

Edit 2:
Under the Effective DPS Mod for the different ele dmg of fire trap, the boots are showing up for Octavian's but not on mine. So, I don't think I'm getting any of the "10% increased Damage for each type of Abyss Jewel affecting you" from the boots. I should be at least getting 10%. Is there anything that cancels that out?

Edit 3:
Added righteous fire and now there was a 20k increase in DPS, now at 71k, but still the boots are not effecting the ele dmg.

Final:
Found out I just don't have the right enchants on my gear for the scaling.
Last edited by baBBQ on Jul 12, 2018, 9:03:04 PM
Fun build duder, got this on my first Malachai double corruption. . I'm feeling pretty strong as is, but if anyone has any recommended items I should upgrade that would be chill. Jewellery will be tough due to Wise Oak.

Here is my pob. https://pastebin.com/Tvj6AG22
hey guys im curious is 25 exalt enough to basicly make this build op ? because im lookin to try out a fire trap build before league ends
hi bro can u upload passive tree pls cuz it doesnt open in the links u gave....thank you
hi mate upload passive tree because i can open in path of building please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info