[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

What are your thoughts on doing this build with Saboteur instead?
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
How do you deal with the levelling process? Saw the POB link for the early level passives, but it seems like levelling with traps early is quite a chore. Any recommended links/gems to use until you get comfortable with the playstyle?

Once you hit 38 and are able to run cluster traps it makes fire trap feel so much better. What I did is slot in arc, arcane surge and ele focus into a Reverberation Rod and wrecked trash with that. For bosses I doubled up by using traps and arc. Worked a lot better than just straight traps from go. I'm only level 46 right now and I am still using arc in this capacity.
Would fire trap damage helm enchant be better than bear trap? or what would be the best enchant for helmet either way?
Ended up getting a shroud w/ the +2 Duration corruption, but 3g2b so I'm struggling to figure out if its worth using in the mean-time until i can get my vorici to 8. If so what blue should i replace charged traps with?
Levelled to 74 so far, dumped all my currency into the build and it's stellar. Just have one question:

Is Ahn's Heritage the best shield for this? You can easily get more life from other shields, and there are even shaper mods that increase your max res. Is the block really that important for surviving phys. damage?

(got this one while I was at it)

I'm guessing nobody is enjoying this build or too busy loving it to post anything? I would ask the OP if you could maybe talk some of us through a bit of the rough leveling stages. Which setups would you recommend in terms of gems ...maybe add a few links showing when to switch to arc...and some advice on certain levels such as switch to x.y.z at level 38 or add this at level 58...Hope to get some feedback.
Personally I leveled to 32 with Sunder, using this: https://i.imgur.com/ImDzrsP.png

At 32 I bought "Mirebough" and I used explosive trap + charged traps, then a few levels later I swapped for firetrap.

Now I'm just working towards 68+ to start using the gear in the OP.

Probably not ideal, but it worked fine for me.
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
I'm guessing nobody is enjoying this build or too busy loving it to post anything? I would ask the OP if you could maybe talk some of us through a bit of the rough leveling stages. Which setups would you recommend in terms of gems ...maybe add a few links showing when to switch to arc...and some advice on certain levels such as switch to x.y.z at level 38 or add this at level 58...Hope to get some feedback.

Start with Freezing Pulse or whatever, and whenever you have the chance (level 12, I think), switch to Arc traps. Get basic % spell damage gear (use a Tabula with +2 to duration or AoE gem) and an Atziri's Foible, because mana will be a problem until you can equip Malachai's Awakening. Levelling is smooth as fuck. I went with Arc traps until lv 71, where I started using all the recommended uniques and switched to Fire Trap.

@topic

Got to level 88, killed all guardians deathless with really rippy mods (toughest one was a minotaur with 200% added damage as ele, +40% hp and freaking temporal chains [it was a nightmare]). Red Elder absolutely deleted. Also did a fucking absurd T15 double beyond map with +ele dmg and monster attack speed/movement speed, map had a breach and abyss, fun times. Going for Shaper and then level up a little bit more to get more HP (sitting at 5350).

Biggest late game upgrade will always be the jewels (and the sockets to put them on). The scaling is ridiculous, this skill is busted.

Gear atm:

My end goal is to get a +2 to duration gem level corruption on Shroud of the Lightless and GG jewels (3 damage mods + 1 HP) on all sockets. Right now, resists balanced at 93% for Wise Oak. I wouldn't recommend balancing them so low, because ele weakness/-max resist maps will fuck you up hard. Not that it's impossible to do them, but a higher resist cap can let you go through maps way more relaxed, without having to worry about flasks too much. Also, only map mod that might make you really strugle will be "Can't regen life", as you'll be depending on HP pots for everything (lucky for us, we're going with Pathfinder ascendancy, so it's just a simple chore to use your pot from pack to pack).

Also, playing with a golem is finicky at times. Sure, the +4% additional phys. reduction is nice, but he will probably fuck you up whenever you enter an Incursion (enemies will immediately shoot at the golem and then you'll get hit by all the projectiles at the same time as soon as you move). It might be a good idea to just get two separate CWDT setups, one for Enfeeble + something else and another one for IC and Increased Duration (you can do this because we're not socket starved).

Overall, it's a really solid build. You might have to adjust your playstyle, as you can't just shield charge into packs and expect to survive. I suggest practicing some orbwalking to kill at a fast and secure pace.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jun 28, 2018, 12:27:17 AM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
My end goal is to get a +2 to duration gem level corruption on Shroud of the Lightless and GG jewels

Why +2 duration over trap?
"
puffsley wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
My end goal is to get a +2 to duration gem level corruption on Shroud of the Lightless and GG jewels

Why +2 duration over trap?

Fire Trap has the duration tag, and 2 lvl's on a spell gem is huge. It's almost +200 base fire damage on the gem (that gets scaled with all your passive nodes).

@topic

Shaper done, 1 death because I'm too stupid and impatient and went out the bubble to brave the bullet hell. The damage is seriously busted.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jun 28, 2018, 1:10:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info