item quantity vs move speed

I am making a magic find character using frostbolt totem hierophant. most all of my items give IIQ, IIR or both (2x ventor, perandus blazon, sadimas, goldwyrm, greeds embrace and divination distillate). only Indigon (to maintain divination distillate) and taryn's shiver don't have IIQ. DPS is fine for low maps and i'm mostly fine on movespeed i think using a quicksilver flask. but my boots only have 10% movespeed and the body has -20%! will i farm currency faster with more movespeed by switching out armour and boots?

TL;DR: if i have a lot of IIQ, but -10 movespeed without quicksilver should i lose some IIQ and IIR for speed?
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 1:52:46 PM
Well you can sort of(it’s not a perfect model) view movement speed and quantity as multiplicitve bonuses to your items/second.

So if you have 30 quantity and a total of 10 increased move speed you get a multiplier like 1.3*1.1. If the move speed is less than the quantity you’re definitely better off adding the same flat amount to move speed over adding it to quantity.

There are two things that break this model, stopping to attack and pick up items and quantity’s diminishing returns. So keep in mind it’s an approximation rather than a guaranteed formula. There are effects on both multipliers that will drag them down in the real items per hour result.

So I rather doubt greed’s embrace is a net benefit in items/hour. If you’re doing chaos recipe the rarity might make it worthwhile for your chaos / hour though.
One thing you should do is reroll your Quicksilver into something like

Helps you move around much faster.

Also, link your Lightning Warp with Swift Affliction and Less Duration support gems for faster traversion of ledges. I don't think that you benefit that much from using Leap Slam over Lightning Warp.

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

In maps IIQ dont really do match unless you do rather buffed up maps. The IIQ gearing is such pain and with current prices you be better of just running fast and clear fast then spend 20 exa on bunch of uniqs to gear up.

I was testing my IIQ char from last league and it was bad in STD, reason is no elder ring no bestiary monsters, they have their own IIQ and you got relay small influence on top of that. Most monsters like that got crazy mods 1000 IIR and who know how mach IIQ. Monsters are the key for good loot rest is just speed and some IIQ for efficiency when it come to currency drops.

Efficiency is when you dont shot your self in foot just to get better chance in short therm, where in long run you could do 10 maps instead of 4.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
One thing you should do is reroll your Quicksilver into something like

Helps you move around much faster.

Also, link your Lightning Warp with Swift Affliction and Less Duration support gems for faster traversion of ledges. I don't think that you benefit that much from using Leap Slam over Lightning Warp.

actually, i timed it going down blood aquaducts after i cleared it. i was doing exactly what you are saying, and leap slam was twice as fast. but that was without the flask going.

and i realized the flask thing last night. i just have a curse flask in my regular set ups for higher maps so i dont have to reroll maps. but this guy will never have a curse map.
Last edited by burninbeard on Jun 23, 2018, 2:30:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info