Sometime leech doesn't work

As the title says sometimes leech doesn't work.

This is my build.(yes it could be better)
https://pastebin.com/FWQgtpYL

I'm slayer with melee splash, endless hunger and headsman. need Uber for 20% cull
I use VP, RT and Unwavering Stance. I only have Vitality Void node for leech.

Sometimes during maps, I will suddenly no longer be able to leech. Also my life flask will also only heal me a little bit.
When using life flask I see some transparent red, in the Life globe. But it suddenly just disappears.
It's the same with or without Blood Rage turned on.

Right now the only way to fix this is either death, go to town(Hideout not enough) or relog.

Does anyone else experience the same issue?

Video:
https://youtu.be/8WOjOWpd5yA

I also made a reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8t4zz0/bug_sometime_leech_doesnt_work/

EDIT:
I tried with cyclone instead of Flicker, and the same bug does not appear.
I tried unlinking BR, but still the same issue with flicker.
I use Lockstep, not predective.
Last edited by seebok on Jun 23, 2018, 5:14:59 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 12:57:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello there.

I looked at the video, quickly, i must confess.
For the flask, i thought it might have something to do with an extremely low duration.
By any chance, is it a "Bubbling Divine Flask of ..." ?
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
"
xhul wrote:
Hello there.

I looked at the video, quickly, i must confess.
For the flask, i thought it might have something to do with an extremely low duration.
By any chance, is it a "Bubbling Divine Flask of ..." ?

the duration is 7 seconds if you open it in path of building.

It's called panicked XX of iron skin.
It's an instant flask, but i'm not low enough hp for instant to activate.

Also the flask isn't the only problem, I don't leech either :(
I checked the video again, and there's definitely something unusual going on, especially what happens from 1:20 to 1:37 (leech totally disabled).
I have no idea what precisely triggers that behaviour, but it appears Blood Rage might indirectly be involved, since 1:20 is the exact moment where you remove the gem, and 1:37 the exact moment where BR is active again.
Last edited by xhul on Jun 22, 2018, 7:11:55 PM
"
xhul wrote:
I checked the video again, and there's definitely something unusual going on, especially what happens from 1:20 to 1:37 (leech totally disabled).
I have no idea what precisely triggers that behaviour, but it appears Blood Rage might indirectly be involved, since 1:20 is the exact moment where you remove the gem, and 1:37 the exact moment where BR is active again.

I tried with another skill, which didn't show the same issue.

I tried unlinking BR aswell, but the same issue still appeared with Flicker
This might be an issue with your client being desynchronized from the server. You can see at about 1:37 in the video when you're at 2100 life and you get hit, your life instantly pops up to full. Blood Rage is eating away at your energy shield, but if you go slowly, you can see the hit that lands, and how your ES doesn't degen away but is removed in a chunk from about 40 points remaining.

I remember something similar a few leagues ago with Rise of the Phoenix's low-life fire resistance being the difference between positive and negative net life regeneration on a Righteous Fire character. The character would drain life until at low life (35%), then seem to start regenerating life back up to full. The moment the character took any damage, they would seem to instantly drop down to 35% life. In truth, they were always hovering at 35%, but the client had incorrectly calculated the life regeneration and so displayed the life pool incorrectly.

I don't know how the backend is actually programmed, but what I remember from the discussions I've read and from my own inferences (so take this with a large grain of salt) is that the client doesn't get constant updates on your character's life total. When it changes in a chuck (instant heal, taking a hit, etc.), the server updates it with the new total at that moment. Otherwise, the client runs the same calculations that the server does for regeneration and damage over time, with the server only letting it know when regens and degens start and stop. Normally this works out fine, since the two computers are working with the same numbers, but when desync occurs, this is no longer the case. The client might think that a degen is still running for a bit after it's stopped, or that your total regeneration is less than your degen, and thus that you're losing life instead of gaining it, for example.

As for why this is happening with Flicker Strike and not other skills? Flicker Strike is notorious for causing desync. It's bad enough it can even cause it in lockstep mode. If you're playing in predictive mode, try using the /oos command to force a resynchronization.
Last edited by Garryl1234 on Jun 22, 2018, 10:50:08 PM
Yeah, desynch has crossed my mind aswell, but even in predictive, 15 seconds without current life being updated at all sounds really huge, especially when the player is active, moving, and killing stuff.
If that's desynch-related, there's definitely something additional involved.
Last edited by xhul on Jun 23, 2018, 12:58:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info