Lower lvl than the area=Less exp?

Hello,

I am lvling up a char right now and im 35lvl in the end of act 7 (The temple of decay {monster lvl 55})
Does the fact that im 20 lvls lower than the monsters affect the exp im gaining(Less exp)?

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 12:11:43 PM
Yes, you might be getting like a quarter of normal experience, the formula is here
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience
Look at exp penalty chart, it should help you choose an area.
Also, if someone is killing stuff for you (which Im guessing or how are you 20 levels off), then another penalty applies by the formula.

For example, if a level 10 player was partied with a level 30 player:

Level 10 player's share: (10+10)^2.71 = 3355
Level 30 player's share: (30+10)^2.71 = 21957
Total "Shares": 3356 + 21957 = 25313
Also, if someone is killing stuff for you (which Im guessing or how are you 20 levels off), then another penalty applies by the formula.

"
trixxar wrote:

Nope im just fast passing through the acts. Im using facebreakers and shield charge through packs, but i kill rares,magic packs,strong boxes etc. Idk why im so low though!
"
trixxar wrote:
Yes, you might be getting like a quarter of normal experience, the formula is here

Really wish that page had more explicit information instead of a formula (some of us are old-ish and math-impaired) and a picture that's kind of difficult to get precise information out of.

For instance, I'm level 81 and have done some T2 maps, which are level 69. The safezone is 8, so I'm 4 "off". How much do I get penalised for that?

Odd that you get penalised in both directions too. Would think doing such outleveled areas (as the OP is) would at worst get you equal XP, and at least not get punished for it.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 22, 2018, 5:01:37 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Really wish that page had more explicit information instead of a formula (some of us are old-ish and math-impaired) and a picture that's kind of difficult to get precise information out of.

For instance, I'm level 81 and have done some T2 maps, which are level 69. The safezone is 8, so I'm 4 "off". How much do I get penalised for that?

Odd that you get penalised in both directions too. Would think doing such outleveled areas (as the OP is) would at worst get you equal XP, and at least not get punished for it.

Basically the reduction in xp for players in higher level area is to stop boosting.

4 levels off is roughly 10% reduced xp but it all depends on your level.
"
gjennks1 wrote:
Basically the reduction in xp for players in higher level area is to stop boosting.

4 levels off is roughly 10% reduced xp but it all depends on your level.

Cheers. If it's only 10% it's not too bad. If it was 50% or something it would be.

Edit: It looks pretty harsh actually. If I did the math correct, not a certainty, a character 81 doing a monster level 69 will only get around 62% of the 'normal' XP. Cruel :(

20 levels off from a lower base must be exceedingly harsh. Possibly down to the minimum of 1% XP.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 22, 2018, 6:48:17 PM
"Im using facebreakers and shield charge"

Haha, I had this happen with the same build, its stupid fast right?

Yeah you will get horrible experience. Hate to recommend it but you should go back and farm some zones for experience or you will actually level slower than if you keep on plowing ahead. In fact you are probably 20 levels off because you started get penalized, and made less and less experience over time, while getting further and further from your 'sweet spot'.

Good luck
"
trixxar wrote:
"Im using facebreakers and shield charge"

Haha, I had this happen with the same build, its stupid fast right?

Yeah you will get horrible experience. Hate to recommend it but you should go back and farm some zones for experience or you will actually level slower than if you keep on plowing ahead. In fact you are probably 20 levels off because you started get penalized, and made less and less experience over time, while getting further and further from your 'sweet spot'.

Good luck

Yeap its so fast and op to lvlup with. Thank you very much mate for the information. Ill farm normal lab for a bit. From what i understood the ideal zones are 4 more or less lvl than you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info