Long load times / disconnect on Town load

Is there a way to speed up loading on towns? Every time on login, my client tries to load Oriath (or some other town, doesn't matter), has an "unexpected disconnection", then still takes over a minute to finally get me ingame.

Honestly, I'm quite frustrated at this point. I spent the last twenty minutes to fail the Enslaver on four portals, simply because it took me almost five minutes to get back into the fight. As in, try to load Oriath, get kicked, try again, succeed eventually, then load Hideout, Map, etc. Freezes inbetween, because async loading.

Sorry if I sound too "complainy", but I needed to vent. Plus, I actually request some help in this issue. I know there's command line options, but those don't seem to help me. I can deal with some minor freezes after I enter a new area (I'm used to it by now), but the time it takes to login (or even get to a vendor or Sin) is simply frustrating since it reliably happens every time.

Barring technical solutions, can't we simply login in our hideout? Or at least get to hideout instead of a town when failing a Guardian or the Labyrinth?
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2018, 9:02:47 PM
THIS WAS MY LIFE using a cheesy laptop. Only after release 3.0, with some efficiencies in it, was I able to use the laptop.

The price was frequent 'unexpected disconnects' when starting, Poe, and progressing to the first instance (town).

The other price was losing portals when I started a NEW TYPE OF MAP or Instance. I could fail out of Poe (not crash, just login screen) when transitioning between areas.

THE SOLUTION (for me) ???

A FASTER DISK.... I upgraded to an SSD.
I have an Intel i3 Dell n5050 Laptop.. look it up "Pure Obsolete Cheapness!".

With and SSD and PoE 3.x, it just works.

Hope this sparks an idea. If it isn't the HD, maybe something else is causing a slowdown when PoE goes to grab data from the Pack (that massive datafile with all the screen-painting resources).

Good Luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info