Can Siege Ballista proc Curse?

I have this skill gem set in mind:

Siege Ballista - Curse On Hit Support - Vulnerability - Despair

Will this work?
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 9:23:21 PM
It's a Totem. Totems can't CoH. It applies to your actions, so you'd CoH when casting the Ballista but placing it don't hit. Same with Traps.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
What if I put a skill set like this:

Armor: Puncture - Curse On Hit Support - Vulnerability - Despair - Ranged Attack Totem Support
Weapon: Siege Ballista

Still won't apply?
Right. Your action (creating the totem) doesn't hit... so no "on hit" effect. Closest thing I can think of you might try is a low level Orb of Storms, Like this:

This literally does 0 damage for me... the passive "Ancestral Bond" keeps me from doing damage with it. It still hits though, so CoH does it's thing.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 21, 2018, 2:41:04 PM
If you're going with ranged attacks, a Rain of Arrows with CoH may actually be more effective than a spell. Worked well enough on my Bowserker, though I do not know how well the new Rain of Arrows performs with this function.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
If you're going with ranged attacks, a Rain of Arrows with CoH may actually be more effective than a spell. Worked well enough on my Bowserker, though I do not know how well the new Rain of Arrows performs with this function.

I tried it this season, it works fairly well. and Vaal RoA subsequent shots applied to new monsters entering the area
Something which is super effective for cursing is a cwdt + curse on hit setup. You can have a level 1 cwdt + level 1 skill that fires, and a max level curse and curse on hit. I use shock nova because it has decently large aoe naturally
If you don't care too much for the totem to do damage, you can also just link the totem with one curse and the totem will keep casting it.
If you'd like a more mobile alternative to orb of storms curse on hit, you could also use lightning ball (which is my preferred method as a golemancer).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info