Trading for maps sucks

Spamming 100 afkers for the tier 4 map that wont drop for me is the furthest thing from fun. Every league once I reach yellow maps, getting upgraded tier maps and unlocking new maps is nearly impossible without spending hours on poe.trade. I don't expect easy progression in this game (I know it isn't d3 and thank fuck), but I'd love to see a faster and easier way to spend my currency on maps.
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 11:08:43 PM
You really expect someone to quit playing to trade for one map? Buy 20. Send a msg saying you'll buy 20 so long as one of them is one that you want.

There should be a channel like 820 for people to go swapping maps around. There's enough demand for one.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 20, 2018, 10:57:57 PM
Welcome to general, you point out obvious flaws in the game and Shagsbeard, Kuciol, Bone2flesh will troll you and you'll get some decent intelligent rebuttals from Phrazz.

Yes, trade is horrid.

Maps and trade are the worst combo in the game. Sitting spamming one afk person after another is one of the least immersive and horrible experiences you'll have in any game.

It feels like... sitting in the DMV.

Devs have come out against fixing it, and diehard fans troll anyone who complains about it.

But you arent wrong.

I agree. I think the unique/shaped maps are fine with having to trade for. But we should be able to trade unused maps for others that we need without the unreliable vendor recipe.
I mean shag does have a point to tho - charge too much for a map no one buys it, charge its market value and the lower ones aren't valuable enough to make trading worthwhile.

It would be nice if zana had a much better selection. It could still act as a currency sink as long as they don't overvalue the maps and make it cost prohibitive.

The only thing holding me in lower tier maps is me trying to build up a pool the ssf way, well that and boredom.
Yep, totally over league play.
I think the map acquisition system is a total mess and only serves to slow down progress. Zana should at least offer a lot more maps each day and I also think a recipe to turn 3 non matching maps of a tier into a random one of the same tier would be nice
What map do you need? I can probably hook you up.
"
Yoshihito wrote:

If he's like me it's never just one. I've had to buy lots over the league and will have to buy more for things related to challenges and such. I think we have to spend way too much time tracking down a map when the focus should be on rolling and running them. The original mechanic seemed to be in place to slow down leveling to the cap. But those days are long gone.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Yoshihito wrote:

If he's like me it's never just one. I've had to buy lots over the league and will have to buy more for things related to challenges and such. I think we have to spend way too much time tracking down a map when the focus should be on rolling and running them. The original mechanic seemed to be in place to slow down leveling to the cap. But those days are long gone.
I meant the specific T4 one he needed. I actually agree with you how annoying it is. Just me contacting tons of people to get burial maps makes me want to pull my hair out...
You can get plenty of maps just running Incursions from what I've heard.I'm not high enough level yet, but I hear that you can get quite a few red maps and other maps in on of the Incursion Rooms. Seems like a great way to stock up just running Incursions over and over

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info