Is Pathfinder DEAD?

Pathfinder is probably the strongest class in the game from a numbers point of view, but it's just not as exciting as other classes.
It got buffed, imo, with having a greater uptime on unique flasks now. It seems that a lot of builds associated with it got nerfed, though.
Pathfinder has few strong builds based on abusing some OP items (like zephi). In general pathfinder sucks.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Pathfinder does not suck at all. I am still convinced it is the best ascendancy in game. It is just not as shiny as others.

Flasks are by design incredibly overpowered. More so than any other item in the game. Abusing their power like PF does makes them absolutely nuts.

You also gain so much flexibility on PF as you can switch your flask setup depending on what content you are facing and gain maximum use out of it.

A lot of people I talked to about PF just dislike the style of play. Playing piano on your keyboard every few seconds is just not for everyone. I personally believe though that flask management is much easier on a PF and you should be using your flasks all the time on any class anyway. On PF they are going to be up much longer than on other characters so you don't have to bother with it that often.
Last edited by Burgingham on Jun 22, 2018, 2:33:33 AM
Pathfinder still is insane for both damage and survivability, simply because flasks (magic ones and unique ones alike) provide some of the strongest buffs in the game and Pathfinder scales them to the maximum with its flaskeffect nodes and can keep them up during bossfights. The class requires some manual skill though (you need to micro your flasks well) and therefore has never been all that popular. And the "meta-creators" (e.g. our beloved streamers) probably simply are a bit bored of PF atm and prefer to explore other classes with more fancyful (but not in itself stronger) traits than "op" flasks.
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Pathfinder has few strong builds based on abusing some OP items (like zephi). In general pathfinder sucks.

What sucks about it? Just asking because this is my first league using one and I'm having a blast, is Deadeye that much better?

Because in comparision with lets say Deadeye or Champion PF has 2 times less damage.
"
tweedledee111 wrote:
Pathfinder still is insane for both damage and survivability, simply because flasks (magic ones and unique ones alike) provide some of the strongest buffs in the game and Pathfinder scales them to the maximum with its flaskeffect nodes and can keep them up during bossfights. The class requires some manual skill though (you need to micro your flasks well) and therefore has never been all that popular. And the "meta-creators" (e.g. our beloved streamers) probably simply are a bit bored of PF atm and prefer to explore other classes with more fancyful (but not in itself stronger) traits than "op" flasks.
In Incursion league you are playing meta OP Deadeye. In standard league you have 0 pathfinders. No one cares your theoretical nonsense about ascendancy you never played.

To all: this is classic example of PF advocates.
From someone who played Pathfinder before: PF isn't bad, it's simply outshined by anything else.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Burgingham wrote:
Pathfinder does not suck at all. I am still convinced it is the best ascendancy in game.
Pathfinder is no doubt one of the most nice ascendancy because of easy flask management and smooth gameplay provided by it. But it's not best.

"
Burgingham wrote:
Flasks are by design incredibly overpowered. More so than any other item in the game. Abusing their power like PF does makes them absolutely nuts.
And then flasks are fixed and thus PF's league is Standard with its legacy flasks. This is the only league where PF is on the same power level with other ascendancies.

"
Burgingham wrote:
You also gain so much flexibility on PF as you can switch your flask setup depending on what content you are facing and gain maximum use out of it.
Any class can switch flasks depending on content if it's needed. Usually it's not needed at all.

"
Burgingham wrote:
I personally believe though that flask management is much easier on a PF and you should be using your flasks all the time on any class anyway. On PF they are going to be up much longer than on other characters so you don't have to bother with it that often.
And here comes the main disadvantage of PF: who needs 30 seconds of flasks effect if you can pick OP ascendancy + OP skill and annihilate endgame bosses in <10 seconds during 2 sips of non-buffed flasks? Moreover quick killing of boss provides much better survivability than any buffed flask. That's why i call PF noob trap.
PF's kill bosses in <10 seconds too almost all the best skills are just as broken on PF as they are on other classes its just a different style.

I don't like them because i don't like going all in potions, but mathematically they perform really well if you have access to the right flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info