Molten strike, ground slam, flame totem, spectral throw, oh my!

Posted this in the Scion subforums, but realized it might fit better in the gameplay help discussion section...

Looking at the title, and looking at my character, would you say I'm playing a little too convoluted? In the past I never quite got this far, I'm actually able to clear tier 1 maps easily, but then I get to the boss and get easily slaughtered. My main ability I'm using is molten strike with a bit of spectral throw when enemies are a distance away, and Vaal ground slam as an emergency HPS and decent damage. I just wanted to come here and ask for help, as I'm sure people will be bothered by my passive skill tree, if you all can offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

In Abyss I was playing something very similar, but the moment I got to maps I could barely make it through a single tier 1 map, so at least I'm doing better this time around. I just want to know if you guys think there's some useless area on my passive skill tree that I am wasting skill points in and should refund out of. I'm thinking possibly in the area pushing into duelist area, I might do better refunding some of those and putting them more into life and resist areas closer to barb.

Let me know what you all think, thanks!
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2018, 4:33:19 PM
Your build is definitely very unfocused. You're missing a lot of defenses, (For Example Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call, running any curses or leech like Poachers Mark + Blasphemy.) which are going to be required to push into the late game mapping. Even early mapping is going to be difficult.

I imagine your characters life points are not very high since you're missing a lot of opportunities to get life nodes. It looks like you're trying for a dual wielding build. I would pick a skill you like and focus around making it as strong as possible. I'm following a build this league but you can kind of get the idea if you look at my character for this league, I'm investing in Molten Strike alone for my attack skill.

I'd also recommend a movement skill, whichever is your favorite. Leap Slam + Fortify is a common choice.

I tried to make out an example tree to help you out but it doesn't seem to be working. I would definitely work towards the life nodes in the marauder and duelist area. Especially taking the dual wielding area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info