Please post your build if you have trouble with Incursion timer

If you wanted to have enlightening data, wouldn't you also want to collect data on builds that do not have trouble with Incursion timer? Helps you eliminate unwanted variables, I would imagine.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Would probably be easier to list the few builds that don't have problems with the hilariously unbalanced incursions, but hey ho.

I'm using this build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1321402
Hardly crap from what I can gather, and I'm doing well for the most part in the early stage of mapping. Incursions, however, have sucked balls from start to end. I've gone from not getting much loot out of it, or opening any doors, to outright dying.

Progress?

PS: Can gather more details from my character sheet, but I'm following the passive skill tree to the letter. Except I haven't removed some skills that added resistances, because I need them. Oh, and I have another life skill that I haven't removed yet (early mistake).

I like a lot about the game, but the incursions are god-awful.

I'm glad the best players are enjoying it, but there are actually more people trying to enjoy the game. I hope the next league will be accessible to more than the 1%.
I dont make PoB for all my characters. This wont help you, but just as a point of interest

Had trouble in early game but full clear by end
-Viper strike
-Molten strike
-Barrage

No trouble at any point
-Arc
-Any traps
-ED/contagion
-Lightning strike

Its obvious right? Wide spread ranged and aoe is easy, single target or focused range is harder. You dont need data to understand that.

I mean at first I hated it, but I have found any build has an alternate skill that can clear.

For instance, if you are MS, you might struggle at first, but swap in frost blades or lightning strike and it works easily.

Basically, I would have a hard time believing that any builds could not swap a gem or two for incursions and not succeed. Just my 2c.

Yes, it does hugely reward a random set of builds over others based on clear speed meta, but so what? It limits builds for 1 league.

I mean next league, if they, say, double damage taken from mobs and triple mob armor and resists, it will reward juggs and large physical hitters. Each league rewards something else.

My ED/contagion sucked in bestiary cause the mobs die before I can capture them.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Would probably be easier to list the few builds that don't have problems with the hilariously unbalanced incursions, but hey ho.

I'm using this build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1321402
Hardly crap from what I can gather, and I'm doing well for the most part in the early stage of mapping. Incursions, however, have sucked balls from start to end. I've gone from not getting much loot out of it, or opening any doors, to outright dying.

Progress?

PS: Can gather more details from my character sheet, but I'm following the passive skill tree to the letter. Except I haven't removed some skills that added resistances, because I need them. Oh, and I have another life skill that I haven't removed yet (early mistake).

I'm glad the best players are enjoying it, but there are actually more people trying to enjoy the game. I hope the next league will be accessible to more than the 1%.

Double strike SUCKS at clear speed meta. Even in anyone's hands, experts, no offense to you.

Its good for bosses.

Same tree but use... reave or blade flurry with increased AoE, and tell me you dont destroy the incursions.

Best of luck, I found it frustrating too.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Progress?

Double strike SUCKS at clear speed meta. Even in anyone's hands, experts, no offense to you.

Its good for bosses.

Same tree but use... reave or blade flurry with increased AoE, and tell me you dont destroy the incursions.

Best of luck, I found it frustrating too.

Am just using Double Strike for bosses. The go-to clear is Cleave.
Here is my rule of thumb for incursion-ready:

Imagine you are standing in the middle of a screen-sized room that is uniformly covered in monsters. You right-click once. How many monsters get hit by your skill? If the answer is 50% or more, there is a good chance your build will be successful in incursions, maybe with some small tweaks. If it is significantly less than that, maybe you should reconsider, or you will have to make some sacrifices.

You can scale your per-hit damage to pretty much any reasonable level by just throwing more currency at your character. But scaling the area coverage is much, much more difficult. And in an incursion, you need to be as efficient as you can. You want to enter a room, kill everything in it, and get out in the space of a few seconds. You don't have the time to dismantle every pack monster by monster.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 20, 2018, 8:06:11 PM
"
trixxar wrote:
No trouble at any point
-Arc

Can I see your Arc character? I am having some problems with single-target damage on the architects. If the architect is in the middle of a bunch of minions and takes some 50% of life in damage from the bounces before the pack dies, I'm fine. But sometimes the architect is completely alone, and I need to waste a lot of time to kill them - especially if they also have some mechanic I need to dodge. Then I run out of time before I can get to the next pack and continue the streak.

Have you ever ran into this problem? If so, how do you solve it?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 20, 2018, 8:25:39 PM
I should clarify its arc + arc totems not just arc myself as elementalist. Yeah I always felt arc single target was weak, but i cleared so fast to the arch that I had enough time. But yeah you sit there blasting on him for a while, it does not feel overly strong. My arc char ripped at T8 maps in HC, bleh, I was being lazy and careless and thinking about my next build and taking risks

Gear was nothing special, 5L soul mantle , 2 sceptres from temple with +70L % damage about 5c each

Build was average
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAO8ADSUAAHT53YuMwJoJqtn8wGYEs6IA4XOaO4Kb7TzVpuw4OtgnL5BVRUcy0evufIMRLSycvOpqQwj0bRkQWHYRBUJBltD1rrNMswQHg9tVxjpYrJgRD36vjRngEtlf3YzwH2jyr2wLYcauEMz-h3sg-JM8LYPMtz7-Cti98kU64aZXTeP-jzWSIvRsC5MnUzVQQow2VUth4iaVFr9UR6a-nsRd8isKES_rYzY9napsjGKsf8YwW6yXHYMRlgcelS7w1UlRGjinlF5d0f2FMpctSU-8qiBuUDDjhMCcpzR8S5Z0aFoEUToWhoJYbWQzAAAAAAA=

I never understand why people take ancestral bond when casting yourself with warlords mark works so well with MoM because the mana regen you can get. Plus utility spells cold snap etc.

Single target arc is weak to mediocre, which is maybe why GGG hasnt nerfed it yet even though it clears like no ones business.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Are you going to give build advice, or do you just want more ammunition to support your crusade?

My build has problems with certain layouts, certain spawns, and certain bosses in incursions. But this is a problem with my build, not with the incursions. I will solve the problem by adjusting my build, not by complaining on the forums. If you want to help, you're welcome to. If you want my support in your campaign, you do not have it.
Thank you for your input and your question.

The idea is this thread is doing a survey to create a valid set of data to understand, if the Incursion timer is locking-out builds or not. It can be considered to be neutral, since Nomancs and I have different points of views on this.

In the best case, this thread will help to give both build advice and valuable input for GGG to impove the game. My hopes are that this can work with a minimum of salt added.

The only campain in this is to showcase an alternative to all these existing cursades which are based on biased opinions, trolling, and what else happens. I understand that others maybe have a different opinion on that and not everyone are will support this survey. The only thing I am kindly asking for is respectful replies. Therefore, thank you for doing so. :)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
adghar wrote:
If you wanted to have enlightening data, wouldn't you also want to collect data on builds that do not have trouble with Incursion timer? Helps you eliminate unwanted variables, I would imagine.
Good idea indeed. This will work for the cross-check. You have to start somewhere and eliminate dependencies to get "scientific control" to the experiment. We are doing a "Negative" experiment, testing for all builds that can't handle the timer. The cross-check will be a "Positive" experiment, testing for all builds that can handle the timer. My reason we started with "Negative" is that the disbelief such builds do not exist seem to be higher than the disbelief that all builds can handle the timer.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out. I will have a look at it.

(Edit: typo)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Jun 21, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info