Party poison interaction?

I was wondering how the poison ailment works if multiple party members are applying it to the same mob? I've spent some time trying to find some information about it and I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2018, 6:49:36 AM
Poison is the easy one, as all instances of poison on an entity are always active and dealing damage at the same time. Whether the poison comes from one player or several doesn't make a difference.

If you wanted to know about bleeding or ignite, which in general don't "stack" (but can be made to do so in various ways), I am not so sure myself - and I would like to know the specifics as well.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 20, 2018, 6:32:12 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Poison is the easy one, as all instances of poison on an entity are always active and dealing damage at the same time. Whether the poison comes from one player or several doesn't make a difference.

If you wanted to know about bleeding or ignite, which in general don't "stack" (but can be made to do so in various ways), I am not so sure myself - and I would like to know the specifics as well.

Alright, so just to make sure I understand correctly. We both have our own separate poison stacks when attacking? Or, does our combined attacks add to the mobs poison affliction "pool"?
"
Sozuken wrote:
Alright, so just to make sure I understand correctly. We both have our own separate poison stacks when attacking? Or, does our combined attacks add to the mobs poison affliction "pool"?

Uhh I am not exactly sure what's the difference?

Every hit that poisons the enemy puts a poison instance ("stack") on the enemy. The poison instance has a damage per second value, and a duration. All instances of poison on the enemy deal damage to that enemy at the same time, regardless of where the instance comes from.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 20, 2018, 6:41:21 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Sozuken wrote:

Uhh I am not exactly sure what's the difference?

Every hit that poisons the enemy puts a poison instance ("stack") on the enemy. The poison instance has a damage per second value, and a duration. All instances of poison on the enemy deal damage to that enemy at the same time, regardless of where the instance comes from.

Ah, I was just afraid my friend and I were overriding each other poisons. Several games I've played in the past just overwrote the lower damage aliment with the higher damage one when another player hit it. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here. Thank you very much!
"
Sozuken wrote:
Ah, I was just afraid my friend and I were overriding each other poisons. Several games I've played in the past just overwrote the lower damage aliment with the higher damage one when another player hit it. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here. Thank you very much!

Yup, bleeding and ignite also work like this in PoE. As I said above, I am not exactly sure how they interact with multiple players involved.

However poison can stack without any limits.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 20, 2018, 6:50:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info