Elder guardians without Elder

My atlas contains 2 elder guardians but no Elder itself.

I also thought elder would respawn after X amount of maps. But I have runned 30ish maps and elder influence hasn't changed.

Last edited by imdextro on Jun 20, 2018, 6:13:59 AM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2018, 7:20:51 AM
The other two guardians and the Elder are in some of the maps you have not explored yet.

The Elder despawn mechanic is a random chance, it does not happen immediately after completing 20 maps.
Abdiel's right, except that you will find only 1 guardian in connected uncompleted maps, because you already killed one on Bog.

Also, something i discovered recently, even if you kill absolutely all mobs in a map that is occupied, but without actually defeating the guardian, the map won't be considered completed at all as far as Atlas events are concerned, so the current influence locations won't change, and the "Elder counter" won't be incremented.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
So elder is in one of the uncomplete maps which I can't see right now.

Quite unlucky that elder and his guardians spawned so far into uncompeleted maps. When they spawned I didn't even have waste pool unlocked.
Last edited by imdextro on Jun 20, 2018, 6:11:13 AM
"
xhul wrote:
Abdiel's right, except that you will find only 1 guardian in connected uncompleted maps, because you already killed one on Bog.

How do you know (or see) that I already killed a guardian in Bog?
"
imdextro wrote:
"
xhul wrote:

How do you know (or see) that I already killed a guardian in Bog?

A bit of semi-obscure game knowledge and some clever Atlas investigation.

The Elder and his four guardians always spawn in five maps that are directly connected to each other on the Atlas. You have guardians in Primordial Pool and in Lair. The only way to connect these two maps is through Bog; therefore one of the other guardians had to have spawned there.
Oke, Thanks. I didn't know that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info