Scrotie's single-question political compass test

Please indicate both the most deserving and the second most deserving child.

I'd tell how how to score the results, but that'd be cheating. I'll tell you later.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 18, 2018, 8:49:34 PM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2018, 7:55:32 PM
Why would anyone not answer B here? What's the catch?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Child B is the only one with a legitimate claim to the flute. Child B's inability to play the flute is irrelevant from the perspective of property ownership. Child B could sell the flute to Child A, if Child A wants to play the flute bad enough.

Children A and C both have an entitlement attitude.

The left likes to use virtue signalling, especially to kids who have developed no wisdom about how the world works to justify giving the flute to Child C. They tried that on me when I was a kid, and it didn't work. I remember them telling me that I should care about trees not getting turned into toothpicks and paper, and my response was "What if I like toothpicks more than trees?".
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 18, 2018, 8:37:50 PM
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jun 18, 2018, 8:56:44 PM
Playing devil's advocate here, I'm gonna attempt to justify giving the flute to Child C.

Child B is greedy, and doesn't like sharing. Anyone who can make a flute, can make more flutes.

Why does Child A need to be given a flute? If they can play a flute, then they probably already got one.

Child C would appreciate the flute the most, because Child C has nothing.

FYI, this position is juvenile. Like, low-IQ sponge for countless virtue signalling rhetoric K through 12, and now you're in college for a double-dose of it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 18, 2018, 8:55:14 PM
Edited OP for six choices instead of just three.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Please indicate both the most deserving and the second most deserving child.

I'd tell how how to score the results, but that'd be cheating. I'll tell you later.

Please don't load the question Scrotie. There isn't suppose to be right or wrong choice. It demonstrate a person Concept of justice and what they consider constitutes a "just society".

I would break the flute into three and give each one a piece. I like symbolic useless flutes. Sharing is caring.
Last edited by deathflower on Jun 18, 2018, 9:36:07 PM
I'd break it in 3 , give each a piece, and say "happy now, learn to share" I probably fucked up your test.

When you manage people u learn how to delegate. Thats my purpose.

Dont be asking me questions u know answer to.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 18, 2018, 10:03:56 PM
The second choice is the more interesting question, since we all seem to agree that B is the obvious best answer.

The absence of context makes the choice more annoying, so I'll assume for the sake of argument that C would be able to sell the flute despite being a child, but that A cannot afford to buy a flute.

My position is an essentially pragmatic one:

I would choose to give the flute to child A, because that would reap the maximum amount of intended joy for all parties, and because the gift would be long-lasting. Giving the flute to C would be a gift which only lasts until the money she got for selling it runs out.

The choice also reflects my political leanings, yes: I don't put much stock in charity which consists of blind gifts of money, but I do believe in using public funds to achieve charitable aims which
A) are not likely to be provided by the private sector, and
B) provide joy to a larger swathe of society.

To give a (somewhat simplistic) example: Delinquency can lower the quality of life for a rich person living in a given area, who is compelled to pay taxes used to provide an after-school program which reduces that delinquency. The rich person might consider it unjust to take his money (via taxation) to benefit poorer families which are the source of the delinquency and pay far less in taxes, without considering the overall picture (such as his property values dropping because of it).

This illustrates one of the problems I have with anti-tax arguments which focus on the injustice of taking wealth away from the people who created that wealth for the benefit of those who did not create that wealth: So-called forced wealth redistribution is indeed unjust in a vacuum, but it isn't in a vacuum and never will be. Justice and pragmatics are necessarily linked. <-- If you hate my politics, you probably disagree with this part of my thinking.

OK, Scrotie, where does that put me on the political spectrum? Far left or moderate left? :P
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I'd break it in 3 and say "happy now, learn to share" I probably fucked up your test.

Scrotie is suppose to say Sharing the flute, selling it or splitting it is not an option. He forgot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info