[3.5] SWOLE Blaze Vortex | RF BV Chieftain | 9K life | 3.5M Shaper DPS | Uber Elder down

Has anybody tried this with normal gear? I am thinking about trying this for the one month league, but don't want a bust because I can't get this GG gear in 1 month. Thoughts?
"
How does it feel to have mathil do a chieftain bv after you

What can I say? Great minds do think alike :p

"

Has anybody tried this with normal gear? I am thinking about trying this for the one month league, but don't want a bust because I can't get this GG gear in 1 month. Thoughts?

This build was my league starter for Incursion, so it was made to be budget, and as you can see I made some costly investments along the way, totally worth it, but not strictly necessary.

First of all; this build does not use a 6L, which already saves you lots of fuses . Instead it uses a helmet like this for the main setup:

Now this specific helmet is quite expensive (cost me about 3ex, but is definitely worth more), but having even one of the top three mods should get you deep into end game content.

As for the Warlord's Mark ring, it's a bit more tricky. It took me a while before I could afford one like this:

In the meantime I ran a Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy setup, picking more defensive passives and dropping Vitality for the time being.

All in all I'd say the bottom line to get this build to work would be (in order of descending importance):
- Elder helmet with at least Immolate mod (10c-40c)
- Repentance (1c)
- Doon Cuebiyari (5c)
- Elder ring with Warlord's Mark mod (50c-1ex)
- Astramentis (15c)
- Enlighten lvl 3 (best to level one yourself)

If you can afford an RF build, then you can pretty much afford this build.
Last edited by davydavidsson on Jul 31, 2018, 4:57:46 PM
Thank you for the response. I look forward to you finishing the build guide!
Playing Build atm, thinking about more endurance charges in combination with at least one kaoms way ring for endgame to get more life regen
"
Playing Build atm, thinking about more endurance charges in combination with at least one kaoms way ring for endgame to get more life regen

It's an option that I haven't really looked into, though I could see it work. The reason that I haven't tried it, is that while Chieftain does benefit from endurance charges, they can not generate them quite as reliably as a Juggernaut. Especially during boss fights when you don't get much killing fodder for elonger periods of time. To make up for this you could maybe try Enduring Cry and avoid using Immortal Call.

Furthermore it would become considerably more difficult to cap resistances seeing as Kaom's Way does not have any. I would also strongly advise against the use of two Kaom's Ways, as I deem it unlikely that a second Kaom's Way would provide more regeneration than the life leech provided by Warlord's Mark.

If you are having trouble with life regeneration you could also look into Watcher's Eye jewels with relevant Vitality mods: increased regeneration rate, regeneration per second, life gain on hit (maybe life leech depending on your specific setup).
Last edited by davydavidsson on Aug 6, 2018, 8:42:39 AM
Any progress on a budget version? Kinda wanna try it out but don't have much currency in the Flashback event.
"
Any progress on a budget version? Kinda wanna try it out but don't have much currency in the Flashback event.

I have added a budgeting section to the guide, I hope you will find this helpful.
Hi

Build look realy strong, i have some questions. Is this build can be a league starter or need finance to wroks properly? Are the damage of BV alone in a 5L helm is ok until we can sustain RF and afford a 6L helm?

Thanks in advance and fly safe.
"

Hi

Build look realy strong, i have some questions. Is this build can be a league starter or need finance to wroks properly? Are the damage of BV alone in a 5L helm is ok until we can sustain RF and afford a 6L helm?

In order to answer that question I took out my RF setup and two BV support gems and proceeded to run a T15 map. It's slower, but it does the trick. I hope this answers your question.
"
davydavidsson wrote:
"

Hi

In order to answer that question I took out my RF setup and two BV support gems and proceeded to run a T15 map. It's slower, but it does the trick. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks, gona test this in standard got many of the gear needed.

Fly safe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info