Fixed Currency Vendors

I find it crazy that the price of EX in standard keeps going up and up. It seems like it was just
a month or two ago when 1ex = 115c. Now its around 143-148c for 1 ex. This has got to stop.

It is in my opinion that GGG needs to create a static currency vendor. This way inflation is put under control one and for all. How nice would it be to pick up an EX or C for a fixed amount anytime you wanted? Also, this method could be implemented into leagues once the rate reaches the fixed level set in standard.

I really can't see anything negitive about this idea as it would help out both new and old players alike.

Thoughts?
This is not my real account. Only used for forum posts. :P
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2018, 10:32:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
This has got to stop.

Why?

Supply and demand is a very good way of setting value, far better than GGG setting some arbitrary conversion rates.
Supply and demand works until it goes out of control. I have no clue how new players making it in this game. You would be considered lucky if you happen to find 2ex and lets say 40c while leveling from 1-80.

Like I said before, if the currency rates are fixed, player goals would become much easier to achieve even with drop rates where they are. Its a win, win.

PS: Id rather GGG set the rates then the top 1% trading guilds via artificial inflation.

Last edited by QzumiaTheFeared on Jun 17, 2018, 5:42:22 PM
"
Supply and demand works until it goes out of control. I have no clue how new players making it in this game. You would be considered lucky if you happen to find 2ex and lets say 40c while leveling from 1-80.

Like I said before, if the currency rates are fixed, player goals would become much easier to achieve even with drop rates where they are. Its a win, win.

How?

When is a "new player" going to actually buy an exalt?

If a player accumulates chaos in order to buy gear for chaos, the ex:c exchange rate matters crap all to them.

If a new player is lucky enough to find an exalt as a drop, they will most likely try to break it into chaos to buy stuff, in which case a high ex:c ratio is beneficial to them.

The ex:c ratio matters to people who are actually going to be buying exalts, to craft items or to use metacrafting. People with enough currency and game knowledge to do that are not "new players" by most definitions.

You could make all sorts of contrived explanations for why you don't like ex:c to compare one way or another; but "muh new player experience" is not a valid one.

What exactly do you think should be a "fair" fixed ex:c ratio, and how should it be determined? Why that much and not half or twice as much?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 17, 2018, 6:59:17 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"

How?

When is a "new player" going to actually buy an exalt?

- When they finally get enough C to purchase one.

If a player accumulates chaos in order to buy gear for chaos, the ex:c exchange rate matters crap all to them.

- Players DO NOT purchase end game gear for C.

If a new player is lucky enough to find an exalt as a drop, they will most likely try to break it into chaos to buy stuff, in which case a high ex:c ratio is beneficial to them.

- Not at all true, see above.

The ex:c ratio matters to people who are actually going to be buying exalts, to craft items or to use metacrafting. People with enough currency and game knowledge to do that are not "new players" by most definitions.

Really? Are you not aware of how many people watch crafting videos on Youtube? Most of them are new players trying to learn the mechanics of crafting.

You could make all sorts of contrived explanations for why you don't like ex:c to compare one way or another; but "muh new player experience" is not a valid one.
- Again, see above.

What exactly do you think should be a "fair" fixed ex:c ratio, and how should it be determined? Why that much and not half or twice as much?

- This should be determined by community vote rounded up.

Last edited by QzumiaTheFeared on Jun 17, 2018, 7:22:26 PM
Interesting. This suggestion just caused a hundred kids to fail their economics class.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Interesting. This suggestion just caused a hundred kids to fail their economics class.

Mind educating us kids who have never taken an economics class?
"

PS: Id rather GGG set the rates then the top 1% trading guilds via artificial inflation.

You have still not provided a single argument to 'why?'...
You can make an endgame viable character for like 20C. There is no need to use EX at all!

Secondly, you don't understand economics... If the Chaos/EX ratio was forced down the say half of what it is today, all that would happen is that that sweet 1EX item you wanted cheaper would now cost 2EX...
Items are actually valued in Chaos, with EX just being used as trading medium for convenience.

So again... Why?
What would actually be gained by replacing the current (well working) system with inflexible fixed rates?
Last edited by Cyzax on Jun 18, 2018, 5:53:12 AM
"

why do you think goals becoming easier to achieve is a win? what would a company gain from that? what if they want them to be harder so players would have to spend more time playing?
You have still not provided a single argument to 'why?'...
You can make an endgame viable character for like 20C. There is no need to use EX at all!

Prove it. Run Uber Elder, make a video and provide the POB.

Secondly, you don't understand economics... If the Chaos/EX ratio was forced down the say half of what it is today, all that would happen is that that sweet 1EX item you wanted cheaper would now cost 2EX...
Items are actually valued in Chaos, with EX just being used as trading medium for convenience.

If C where the true measure of how much something is worth, then nothing would cost more then 500c as you can only hold 500c on you at once without involving a trusted 3rd party for helping complete the trade. This makes EX the prime currency on anything of value above 500c.

So again... Why?
What would actually be gained by replacing the current (well working) system with inflexible fixed rates?

A stable market place would be gained instead of one that keeps going up for no apparent reason. If this market was really about about supply and demand, there would be swings in price going up and down. Not just up....and up....and up.....
Last edited by QzumiaTheFeared on Jun 18, 2018, 9:24:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info