How would an auction house be worse exactly?

just make a auction house for currency only, maps, currency exchange, essences etc. problem is not with buying normal items, i never have problem with buing some weapon, armors or rings, i always have problem when have to buy maps, trade some ex for chaos, i always have to spam 100 ppl to get one active..

AH for poe.currency will delinitelly close all problems.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Hellgate: Online is arpg and it had AH. Dunno if it has because been several years im not checking this game.

Clearly a great success story. It's so great it's one of the most acclaimed games of our time.

*sarcasm off*

Oh wow every pretext is good not to recognise benefits from doing something, right?

HG:L didn't have an auction house while it was being run by Flagship. It had an email trading system and NOTHING like PoEtrade.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You see... if trade were too easy, no one would have to store stuff. You would just trade up to the most convenient currency and trade down when you needed a specific one. That means you wouldn't need nearly as much storage, and that cuts into GGG income stream.

So in reality it's just a marketing decision to keep trading as difficult as possible just so that we will need to keep more gear for future builds (because selling stash tabs is their #1 mtx). But that flies in the face of their desire to want us to actively engage in trading and their belief that trading is integral to playing PoE. Oh, but wait, now we have SSF leagues where no trading is allowed but GGG doesn't tweak the drop rates either to allow for more crafting and finding of better gear (still the same over-level drop quality nerfs).

GGG is so full of shit with mixed messages about their game. {maximum sarcasm on}
Oh yes, please trade as we make sure that 99.99% of drops are trash. BTW, we don't have an in-game trade search function so you must use 3rd party site that we have no control over so hope it stays up forever (finally GGG made their own trade site but still not as an in-game function) so be very careful if you go AFK in a zone/map to do a search. Did I mention that we (GGG) have coded the most unfriendly of trade messaging of any arpg? Oops... sorry for not explicitly stating that up front that trading will be the most annoying feature... err... 2nd only to poor QoP... of playing PoE. We (GGG) strive to make trading as arduous as possible to make the length of time you must play to get good/great gear for your build take much more time than is necessary. We do all this in the name of "fun-to-play" to maximize your playing time per build. Oh but wait, now we've pushed the power envelope to greater heights so now you can play through all 10 acts in < 48 hrs. We now totally embrace speed racing through our game and have thrown out any strategy elements. Just pick the best speed clearing meta build and go, go, go! Isn't that nice (and how well it yang's with our lag and poor performance game engine yin).
{maximum sarcasm off}

Holy shit GGG! I've got a massive headache from trying to process all your mixed messages. No wonder many have just thrown up their hands in disgust over the mess that GGG has coded into PoE 3.3.x and quit. "No mas" indeed.

But honestly GGG, now that you have Tencent financial backing and you're not poor anymore (at least you shouldn't be) it's time to stop pretending that lack of a good trade function isn't causing you to lose tons of players. Ok, I get the whole "no auction house here forever" and why it's in your original manifesto. But there are many ways to a better buyer/seller communication level that needs to be coded now (like my suggestion of a phone/Windows app to alert sellers of WTB whispers).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 18, 2018, 9:36:58 AM
"
kuciol wrote:
Do you have any idea how it even works in RIFT? I dont know what you even try to prove by that SS. Everything there is set by players themselves, auction time, starting bid , buyout price, everything.
Yeah, I played Rift for a while.

If memory serves me right, there wasn't any option to not have a duration, you just had a choice between 12, 24 or 48 hours.
And you had to set an initial bid, but I don't recall if a buyout option was required or not. I could be getting confused with WoW or City of Heroes.

Right now in Path of Exile we don't have to wait for an auction to end, we don't have to pay extra if we want something immediately, and you know damn well that players here would set a low initial bid with a stupidly high buyout for the desireable stuff and like... a two day duration.

Plus with the current trade site we can easily ignore price fixers and the chronicly afk while I don't recall Rift having that option.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jun 18, 2018, 10:41:02 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
HG:L didn't have an auction house while it was being run by Flagship. It had an email trading system and NOTHING like PoEtrade.

And worked very good. Also to buy anything via "mail" You need to make an offer and hignhiest one was buyer. Also i said it was Hellgate; ONLINE.
There are alternatives to a straight up automated AH, but whenever those alternatives are mentioned they are ignored. It's much simpler just to rant about the horrors of an AH.

Having said that, it doesn't matter anyway since GGG stated in their trade manifesto that they aren't interested in a trade system, they would rather protect the elite that pay the bills. GGG did phrase it differently ...

It's no coincidence that I haven't bought a supporter pack since that manifesto came out.
I think HC could be ok with an AH

death is a great item sink
I dont see any any key!
Having an auction house would be worse.

Instead of having daily threads whining about the lack of an auction house we would instead have daily threads whining about the inevitable drop-rate reduction that would follow as stated in their game design manifesto.

Be prepared for the Gen. discussion front page to be flooded with an unending backlash of tinfoil nonsense because every entitled snowflake hasnt found blahblahblah item this league all because of a real or imagined drop-rate nerf.
"
Having an auction house would be worse.

Instead of having daily threads whining about the lack of an auction house we would instead have daily threads whining about the inevitable drop-rate reduction that would follow as stated in their game design manifesto.

Be prepared for the Gen. discussion front page to be flooded with an unending backlash of tinfoil nonsense because every entitled snowflake hasnt found blahblahblah item this league all because of a real or imagined drop-rate nerf.

I'll rather play an enjoying game with shitty drops, than shitty game with great drops.

After all, drops are already bullshit in PoE ATM, and i got used to it. I wont be much dissapointed, if they will became worse is the sake of better gameplay.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info