How would an auction house be worse exactly?

Items on the ground method, good old days. I'd dig that so much. Every trade is an adventure.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:

Anyway, over the years the players have gotten much more rude, the players have gotten impatient. I have always hated to group, I have always despised trading with the assholes. This is the first league in a long time I have actively traded and it couldn't get any worse. GGG really needs to rethink things.
Chris is wrong.

It's because trading environment, created by GGG, actually promotes rude behavior. For example, when i put a popular item, worth 3c, for 3c, it will stay there for days, because 30+ other players sell exactly the same item for same price. But if i decide to "undercut" it to 2c, i get spammed 20+ times. Sure, being a "good guy" requires to respond them all, but why would i spend 3+ minutes to answer all those wispers with the same "sold" reply? Not answering saves my precious time. Another example - i farm Uber Lab, and get some PMs about 1c uniques. Why bother with reply at all, if i cant make trade ATM anyway, and customer will most likely PM another guy and buys same stuff from him instead? And i dont even talk about really asshole behaviour, such an intentional "price fixing"...

In my guild, players arent rude at all. Why? Because it's a GUILD, and our GM/officers will kick out any asshole. But in PoE trading, there are no rules, no police, nothing that can put assholes under control. Have you ever played multiplayer game like DoTA in "systems", where leaving isnt punished (like Bnet)? It's just a disastrous experience...

Automated trading (AH with instant buyouts and asynchronous trades) is what we need to encourage better behaviour between sellers and buyers. Want some interaction between players? Ok, allow buyer to see seller's name, so buyer can talk to seller, thank him or ask for some more items. Though in 99.99% of trades, no PMs will be sent, i am sure!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Ultrazen wrote:

Standard league
Auction House league
Solo Self Found league

/thread.

And it will be the most popular league EVER in PoE :). I want Cadiro auctionist in my HO :).
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Chadwixx wrote:
You would have to be pretty dumb (or a flipper) to be against an AH.

Its like these people dont realize we msg and trade ppl already. There is no difference besides the process.

Jesus ppl, d3 adjusted their drop rates for the ah, WOW didnt. One game did it an you ppl think all games did/would.
Use your brain a little. Do you kill enemies in packs of 20+ every few seconds in WoW? Do you have so many items raining down that you need a damn filter just to see the screen in WoW? Also good items in WoW come from raids that you can only do a limited number of times a week, and a lot of items are also bind on equip/pickup. They are different games, just cause it works there doesn't mean it would here.
We already have an AH.

Poe.trade. It is one yeah.

=>
1) Put an item into your tab
2) Make it public and price the item
3) Item is registered on poe.trade and people can see it
4) C/c from poe.trade to ingame chat
5) trade and "ty gl".

Hod does an AH work ? Exactly the same except you don't have to WAIT when you want to buy something.

So yeah. For me the only reason GGG is not making an ingame AH is because of the vocal minority of the playerbase that's mostly heavy supporters crying about how it will ruin the game. Plus because of the whales that bought like 500+ premiums tab and would cry rivers if they would became "useless".

Safe bet; most of them are people well aware of the twists and perks of the actual market and simply don't want to share the cake.

I mean seriously, have you seen the number of utility programs you have to run with poe to be "competitive" ? It's hilarious.

Price fixing, currency flipping and all that crap is already a thing. As long as trading will exist in a game it will inevitably happen no matter what. No. Exceptions.
Thing is right now only A FEW groups of people can do it because of how tedious and time consuming it actually is.

I know a lot of casuals that stopped playing because they would not bother with poe.trade. Can't blame them.

For me it's clear that GGG is only trying to please everyone ; the "hardcurr" part of this community by not implementing an AH and the more laidback/casual part by allowing poe.trade to exist.

Fun fact ; you're actually making you stash tab PUBLIC and make the PRICING of your items INGAME. How is it not a "twisted implemented" AH ?

And the famous "if we get an ah ggg will need to fix droprates" bs ... Plz. Get outta my internet.

For me this is not a debate. Get rid of Poe.trade. I'm tired of kiddos pricefixers afk-ing half of a page on poe.trade.

Imagine the number of rare items vendored because people are simply ignorants of the values of a mod and won't bother learning because they don't want to deal with the actual state of the trade market ?

Seriously, considering the current situation we're in, i can't see anyone with a bit of gaming experience and common sense being against an AH without an agenda.

And if the idea of trading is so HORRIBLE to you => SSf. thxbye.

I am asking for AH 3 years now. GGG decided not to put it in game, i decided stop playing their game. Simple as that.
Let the flippers decide for the future of this game... Let the nolifers decide for the future of this game.... Let the chinese botters decide for the future of this game...
AH will destroy the game... LOL...
"
Chadwixx wrote:
You would have to be pretty dumb (or a flipper) to be against an AH.

Its like these people dont realize we msg and trade ppl already. There is no difference besides the process.

Jesus ppl, d3 adjusted their drop rates for the ah, WOW didnt. One game did it an you ppl think all games did/would.

GGG have - pretty directly - said that they would be forced to adjust drop rates if acquiring gear would become easier and more efficient, as it will with an automated AH. Read the Trade Manifesto for more information.

It's pretty self-explainable. GGG have a certain "roadmap" in mind, as to how powerful gear you're supposed to have at certain milestones throughout the game. Easier and more efficient trading will force changes to this "roadmap".

Furthermore, comparing an ARPG economy like PoE's to an MMO economy like WOW's, is, in lack of better words, stupid. WOW has a set currency, set loot tables and deterministic farming. While I've never played the game, I have played several MMO's - and they are not comparable. Not even close. If you want to compare, compare with other games in the same genre.

If you do the latter, you will pretty soon find out that every single game/developer in this genre, is VERY hesitant to implement automated trading via an AH. The reason is simple: it WILL devalue the in-game progression.

People can say "but you already trade for everything right now", and they may even be correct - for the most part. But there's A LOT of people out there, that will be screwed like a female rabbit in a wolf's den if they were to implement an automated AH. Even if they do not play SSF. I would go so far as to speculate that MOST people in this game prefers finding/crafting stuff themself, rather than buying it - if it was a choice. Shopping = the efficient way out. But if you had a choice? Well. With an AH, this choice becomes even more distant then now.

You CAN beat Shaper within days/weeks SSF. You can do it WAY faster with minimum amount of trading. So ALL arguments towards trading being the "only" way, are bullshit. With an AH as the center of all balance, on the other hand, it will be pretty impossible for the average, knowledgeable Joe.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Zaphkier wrote:

So yeah. For me the only reason GGG is not making an ingame AH is because of the vocal minority of the playerbase that's mostly heavy supporters crying about how it will ruin the game. Plus because of the whales that bought like 500+ premiums tab and would cry rivers if they would became "useless".

Even if this were true (and it's clearly not) what would be the problem? They should cater to heavy supporters because they are the ones that kept the game alive and the ones who continuously fund it's development.

Implementing a major change that would potentially grief your biggest supporters is not smart for any business model. So yeah they should listen to the supporters. A supporters opinion should very much weigh more in their decision making. And this is not elitism in any way: it's just good business.

If I look at the threads asking for an AH most of the requests come from casual players who have never supported the game once. They are the same ones who ask for more tabs for free. Why would they be catered to (they get a full playable game as it is)? They bring no profits.

In any way You said that no players with common sense and no ulterior motive would be against AH.

Well I am against it. I have experienced in D3 and it simply does not work for an ARPG.

People give examples of it working BUT only for MMO's. You cannot compare it. Just don't. Different game genres, different game play, different ways loot is acquired, bind on equip etc. There are so many major differences I could speak an hour listing them.

I have 0 ulterior movies. I have never flipped an item in my whole POE career of 3260+ hours. Every single trade I did was either for something I used personally or a friend. Every single sale was an item I found.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Telzen wrote:
Also good items in WoW come from raids that you can only do a limited number of times a week, and a lot of items are also bind on equip/pickup.

BoP items and 1 run per week (for endgame content) limitations are made to slow down item progression for players, and dont let no-lifers to get too far ahead. And those limitations are far better, than those choosen by PoE - Allow trading for any items, even "used" ones, but have a clunky and frustrating trading system. And gating endgame content (T16 maps, Shaper, Elder, etc) behind boring repetive farming of easymode crap to get few high-tier maps/fragments. I'd be glad, if PoE allowed each player to access Shaper, Titziri, Elder, etc once per X days, but without any fragments.

"
cjimaras wrote:
I am asking for AH 3 years now. GGG decided not to put it in game, i decided stop playing their game. Simple as that.
Let the flippers decide for the future of this game... Let the nolifers decide for the future of this game.... Let the chinese botters decide for the future of this game...
AH will destroy the game... LOL...

This.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 19, 2018, 6:43:29 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
They are the same ones who ask for more tabs for free. Why would they be catered to (they get a full playable game as it is)? They bring no profits.

This case is completely different! You potentially CAN get more stash tabs in PoE, it just costs you some $$$. But no matter how much $$$ you have, you CANT "buy" an "AH tab" in PoE (except if you buy an illegal 3-rd party trade bot). If they wany profits, why dont add an "AH tab" for $$$? I bet, it would be the top1 sale!

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info