This idea - is it possible in PoE?

OK so this episode of Extra Credits talks about some interesting idea. Just bare with it and see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywvTIM_eOVI

Is is possible to put some of this into PoE?

It wpuld be awesome.
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 1:13:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
How about you post the idea instead of a 7min video?
"
Scarletsword wrote:
How about you post the idea instead of a 7min video?

Wouldn't get the ad revenue that way.
I dont get any ad revenue. Channel tho deserves attention and passive support.

If You dont want to invest 7 minutes of Your life into vid that will explain idea way better than i and prefer to waste Your time and attention because i wont do it as clearny as this vid, then be my guest.

The idea is that normal item while using gets some abilities based on using.
"
de99ial wrote:
The idea is that normal item while using gets some abilities based on using.

That sounds really cool, I like it !

(and btw thanks for sparing me the 7 min)
The short answer, OP, is no. GGG would have to re-engineer the entire loot system to incorporate blockchain into item drops, which would basically mean re-building the entire game from the core outwards. That would probably require a full-blown sequel, rather than an addition to the existing game. With Tencent funding them now, it's not impossible, but I'd be very surprised if they were planning to do anything that drastic anytime in the foreseeable future.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Im not sayying it should be done now or in near future but GGG does a big expansions and when some idea is in mind one will seek a solution to realize it. I now that now its "no" but in future? I hope it will be taken under consideration.

Also there is no need fo block-chain to do something like that.

1. Item gets some abilities when used based on ability. Ele dmg, inc dmg, accuracy, stat bonus, life bonus, etc.
2. Some additional mods would be unlocked after for example killing 10000 enemies of one kind, or 1000 rare mobs, etc. Van Hellsing have those kindas - uniq items that at the beginning have only one mode and next ones are unlocked after killing particular number of mobs. Thats a start.
3. Item would get his name after character name or player nick. Off course when one char has name like "FiveDiedBeforeThisOne" actual name i saw then item could be build around that. Why not?

Possibilities are Legion - there are many.

What we need is GGG taking this idea under consideration. And well... it is more probable that offline PoE ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info