Gearing problems

You will have to excuse the negative responses. Alot of people come on and start just complaining that the game is too hard and don't really want to learn. Your tone wasn't the best and it obviously triggered some people.

Go on youtube and watch the engineering eternity series. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q/playlists. They make really good videos that will cover all the basics. How to gear, how to understand builds, mechanics, etc. What everyone said is true though. There are so many ways to build a character that you can't just say "this is the recommend power level for this map tier". There are just too many variables.

Step one is too make sure you have enough defense. You need 75% resistance for fire, cold, and lightning. They you need enough life/energy shield. I would highly recommend going life only until you know what you are doing(some would say even when you do). You need AT LEAST 150% increased life on your passive tree, if not 180-200%. Then you need lots of +maximum life on your gear. You want your total to be AT LEAST 3500 to start mapping. At end game 4500 would be a glass cannon and a tankier build would be >7000.

Once you have that covered you can start worrying about your DPS.

Go into your account settings, privacy settings and then uncheck 'set profile as private'. Then make sure 'hide characters tab' is unchecked. This way we can look at your character and give you specific advice.
There is a big difference between Poe and an other well known arpg.
In the other game you gain progress, no matter if you die because no exp penalty.
In other game you level to a point like 70 then you start with looting exactly for your character smart drops, so you will definetly have complete sets that also tell you what skills you should use and with factor 1000% damage for the skills while using the set for it, everyone will get to the highest endgame mode and only the level of those Grifts is different for good players and players that just began with the game. But you will beat all ubers, get all items and for sure you can do the whole season journey with no skill needed. Eveything is given to your hand.

Not in PoE. No samart loot for your character, because there is no smart loot, no given sets that tell you what playstyle you have to do to see everything. And just by spending time in the game does not give you progress anymore, when you cannot stand the maps and die and loose exp.

There is no need for more tutorial to tell you what you have to do, Poe is try and error until you find out, it is worth to learn why do other players use this or that and wear this or that.
Even after more than one year, I did not see everything, did not beat every boss or finished every content.
But learning and getting better is more fun than, here is all you need to have and know, now do this and all shapers will fall, highest temple Tier will be finished, ....
Not in PoE. And it is exactly this, what makes me like the game and no more playing the other game.
Not every beginner will make it and there is no garant for getting all the content.
Last edited by Gannicus2491 on Jun 19, 2018, 10:32:33 AM
"
You will have to excuse the negative responses. Alot of people come on and start just complaining that the game is too hard and don't really want to learn. Your tone wasn't the best and it obviously triggered some people.

I understand that it was not on a happy turm, i was just tired of not getting it and why i cant get better so thats why i ask for help.

Step one is too make sure you have enough defense. You need 75% resistance for fire, cold, and lightning. They you need enough life/energy shield. I would highly recommend going life only until you know what you are doing(some would say even when you do). You need AT LEAST 150% increased life on your passive tree, if not 180-200%. Then you need lots of +maximum life on your gear. You want your total to be AT LEAST 3500 to start mapping. At end game 4500 would be a glass cannon and a tankier build would be >7000.

And that info is what i kinda of mean by tutorial, you cant go wrong when you have that.

"
Go on youtube and watch the engineering eternity series. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q/playlists.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!!! i really needed this.

Gannicus2491 also thank you for Explaining, i understand what you say.
"
Sinthetick wrote:

I only saw one "negative" response, as the rest seemed pretty neutral otherwise. So some people should really read someone.

(Side note - But I really hate the use of triggered these days, I feel its in the same category as "clapped back" and "throwing shade".)
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info